HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Bryce Salvador trophy

Old
06-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

vCash: 500
I remember the day when we traded Janssen for Sal.

Last edited by Jersey Man: 06-12-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Jersey Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:23 AM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Sal, my man, you put together the playoff of a lifetime for a player such as yourself. I enjoyed every second of it. Odds are stacked against seeing you in a Devils uniform next year, but I hope that you do stay somehow and try to be a mentor to some of our young up and comers. He seems like a loyal guy who is not for moving his family based on his reaction to St. Louis trading him, and Lou certainly has respect for loyalty.

I hope that happens. I doubt it, but I hope. Anyway, thanks for the memories Sal!

MadDog172430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:33 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Trade Fayne away, and keep him.

Of course this is just the bitterness talking of how bad Fayne was(Greene as well) this series, but I do wish we could keep Bryce.

Our BEST defenseman hands down. Has been our best probably since November or December after having a shaky, and rusty first few months.
have to disagree with your fayne/greene assessment (although I agree that sal was the man). greene was very underrated this playoffs, nearly always had his stick in the right position. I was very impressed with him.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter White View Post
I firmly believed, at the time, White was bought out over Sal because Sal was on IR. Hindsight leads me to believe I was probably wrong. He was terrific for us all season long. I don't know if there's a future with him in NJ, but that doesn't take away from how well he played.
That's what I had thought too. Turns out Lou really does know better than all of us.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:40 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
I remember the day when we traded Janssen for Sal.
And then Janssen ended up back with us along with Sal.

Thank you, Bryce. We Devils fans appreciate your hard-work.

NOW GO GET PAID LIKE YOU DESERVE TO!!!

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Mgd31

Really going to miss him if he isn't resigned. The dude is such a warrior and you can tell the way he presents himself, he is also well respected in the locker room and just a great person to be around.

Hell of a run boss. Hell of a run.

Mgd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
have to disagree with your fayne/greene assessment (although I agree that sal was the man). greene was very underrated this playoffs, nearly always had his stick in the right position. I was very impressed with him.
They were great in the playoffs, but not so much in the Finals. Doesn't mean we should ship them away or anything.

Our D will take a big hit without Bryce. What did Hradek call it a no name D? Bryce is a big piece of that. We have Zidlicky a whole year, hopefully Larsson gets better, Fayne will probably only get better, Andy Greene impressed for most of the year, Volchenkov will be the closest thing to Bryce, Tallinder was awful this season, but wasn't bad these few games. He was really awful under Maclean, our best D man under Lemaire, and not much better than Maclean Tallinder earlier this season.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote