HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part VIII)

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2012, 06:41 AM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 50
I honestly don't know why anyone would want Antropov. For what he brings, contrasted to what his "services" cost, you could bring someone up from the farm for league minimum and break even on the production side.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
I honestly don't know why anyone would want Antropov. For what he brings, contrasted to what his "services" cost, you could bring someone up from the farm for league minimum and break even on the production side.
Of course that's only your opinion and there's nothing to really back that up.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:14 AM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
If he's healthy again and playing 2C/2C(PP), I could see him putting up 60-65points. He's more talented and valuable to us than he's given credit for.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Of course that's only your opinion and there's nothing to really back that up.
what are you talking about? the League is FULL of 6' 6" centers who are positionally sound and can score (albeit in streaks). they practicly grow on trees....

Old
06-29-2012, 09:26 AM
jamiebez

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Does Dubinsky play center? I wonder if NYR would do Antropov+ for Dubinsky. He was pretty good for them last time around.
He does, he's a C/LW. Considering we have Kane and Ladd on the left side, he'd likely be a C for us.

And let me take this opportunity to re-iterate that I want him on this team

Old
06-29-2012, 09:30 AM
jamiebez

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
If he's healthy again and playing 2C/2C(PP), I could see him putting up 60-65points. He's more talented and valuable to us than he's given credit for.
I'm not a fan, personally, but there's always something to be gained from having a Russian in a contract year on your team.

Yes I'm aware this is incredibly biased, but his second-best year in the league (2008-09 - 59 points) came in a contract year. He's 32, this might be his last chance at a big payday.

And I'm also aware he's from Kasakhstan, not Russia

Old
06-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Rheged
JMFT

Dubinsky would be a solid guy to add for sure, but I don't really see the Rangers and Jets as good trading partners right now. All the Rangers are really lacking is high end scoring talent, realistically the only guys off of our roster they would want are Kane and maybe Wheeler.

I suppose if I wanted to put on my fantasy GM hat though, if the Jets could say, parlay Kane into Dubinsky and Del Zotto, and then swing Enstrom somewhere for a winger who can replace most of Kane's production I think that would be very good value.

Not sure the Rangers would actually part with one of their good young D-men though, they have a lot in terms of prospects coming up but their actual NHL Depth isn't anything special.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way actually in favor of trading Kane or Enstrom. (Well maybe Enstrom under the right circumstances)

Old
06-29-2012, 11:40 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
I get the feeling that there WILL be a big trade this summer - something along the lines of an Enstrom trade. TNSE has begun to put their stamp on the team via their draft selections, but a major shakeup via a trade of an integral component would seal the deal, IMHO.

Speculative I know, but I think it's going to happen.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
I heartily disagree.

06-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
Dubinsky would be a solid guy to add for sure, but I don't really see the Rangers and Jets as good trading partners right now. All the Rangers are really lacking is high end scoring talent, realistically the only guys off of our roster they would want are Kane and maybe Wheeler.

I suppose if I wanted to put on my fantasy GM hat though, if the Jets could say, parlay Kane into Dubinsky and Del Zotto, and then swing Enstrom somewhere for a winger who can replace most of Kane's production I think that would be very good value.

Not sure the Rangers would actually part with one of their good young D-men though, they have a lot in terms of prospects coming up but their actual NHL Depth isn't anything special.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way actually in favor of trading Kane or Enstrom. (Well maybe Enstrom under the right circumstances)
I agree with your rationale here.

What I am hoping the Jets might be able to do this summer, is be the team to "help" a team like the Rangers get a big ticket player like Nash.

So a possible scenario regarding the Rangers and us would be if the Rangers acquired Nash and needed to move some salary. They might not think Dubinsky and his 4.2 million dollar hit is good value anymore, and maybe he would be available for pieces that didn't bring back any salary to the Rangers (prospect and a pick or something).

Maybe there will be an opportunity to "help" a team acquire Suter or Parise as well in that same way.

I'm not advocating picking up a teams garbage, just getting someone at hopefully under market value to help a team fit a big ticket guy into their system.

Old
06-29-2012, 02:30 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I get the feeling that there WILL be a big trade this summer - something along the lines of an Enstrom trade. TNSE has begun to put their stamp on the team via their draft selections, but a major shakeup via a trade of an integral component would seal the deal, IMHO.

Speculative I know, but I think it's going to happen.
Of all our "core" guys I think Enstrom is most likely to get moved. I'm not sure it will happen, or if I'd like to see him moved. I'm a fan of Enstrom, but obviously it would all depend on the return.

The organization seems to be making an effort to become a more physical team, someone teams don't look forward to playing against. I'm not sure Enstrom fits the team we're building. Like I said, I'm a big fan of Enstrom and defended him alot last year, but I've bought into our need to shift our style of play.

I would be expecting a hefty return however, and Bogos progression is the only reason I would entertain offers. I think Bogo is primed for a great year at both ends of the ice.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:58 PM
jamiebez

Stempniak off the table - he re-signed in Calgary.

Was thinking he might be a good replacement for Wellwood. Of course, they could just sign Wellwood

Old
06-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
THIS This this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post

What I am hoping the Jets might be able to do this summer, is be the team to "help" a team like the Rangers get a big ticket player like Nash.

So a possible scenario regarding the Rangers and us would be if the Rangers acquired Nash and needed to move some salary. They might not think Dubinsky and his 4.2 million dollar hit is good value anymore, and maybe he would be available for pieces that didn't bring back any salary to the Rangers (prospect and a pick or something).

Maybe there will be an opportunity to "help" a team acquire Suter or Parise as well in that same way.

I'm not advocating picking up a teams garbage, just getting someone at hopefully under market value to help a team fit a big ticket guy into their system.
You got it man. It's the eat way for a team without major star power to compete. Affordable depth slowly added to our core. If we're ever going to win the big one we're going to have to do it the predator, hurricane or blues style. And those are the only close examples I can think of without drafting first overall.

Old
06-30-2012, 01:02 AM
lakai17

Jets should pursue Tootoo.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:54 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post

Good post Huffer

There is a strong rational to the logic that we could be a team that is complimentary in one of the blockbuster plays. The Rangers are going hard after Justin Schultz and also allegedly in the Nash sweepstakes. It would be interesting to see if we could get in the mix as far as picking up salary dump in this or other teams scenarios? it might mean giving up a prospect or draft pick but we are starting to get more assets now in our prospect pool and we are loaded with picks next spring so maybe we have some wiggle room?

All I know is this July 1st the supply vs. demand for UFA's is insane. I don't even want to see what a guy like Wellwood will get after putting up a career high 47 points last season. So few assets + so many teams = many dissapointed fan bases that are mad at their GM.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:55 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Another stellar article from the paunch of panache.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...160935085.html

Old
06-30-2012, 06:33 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post

Tellin it like it is really. It's why I believe Chevy was the right choice as a GM.

for once i agree with almost everthing in a Lawless article, BUT, there is one asterix I would add to this debate. If we build a championship culture over the years and become a perennial playoff team we will become more attractive to SOME UFA's that want to be part of a winner. IF we need them to put us over the top or keep us on top they will probably be more apt to appear.......if we need the top UFA assets to save us or help us reach the playoffs then they will not be interested but that goes for more markets than just Winnipeg.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:04 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post

Since the first time I recognized the city of 'Winnipeg' on a map of Canada until now, I heard so much interesting about your city and region. There must be something special around your town and around your people. I would really like to travel to the Peg sometime in my future and get an impression for myself about Winnipeg. All the talk made me very curious. I was never thaaat interested in Atlanta, so it's not just the fact that "my favourite NHL team plays in that city". Besides from California, NYC and Vancouer/Boston, Winnipeg is probably the 4th/5h most interesting city/region now in Noth America for me.

You should be proud about the talking from former players like Hawerchuk and Bogosian/Pavelec nowadays.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:13 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

A humorus must read guide for the free agent frenzie from a Carolina fan going into tomorrow's deadline:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1218781

Old
06-30-2012, 07:29 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Since the first time I recognized the city of 'Winnipeg' on a map of Canada until now, I heard so much interesting about your city and region. There must be something special around your town and around your people. I would really like to travel to the Peg sometime in my future and get an impression for myself about Winnipeg. All the talk made me very curious. I was never thaaat interested in Atlanta, so it's not just the fact that "my favourite NHL team plays in that city". Besides from California, NYC and Vancouer/Boston, Winnipeg is probably the 4th/5h most interesting city/region now in Noth America for me.

You should be proud about the talking from former players like Hawerchuk and Bogosian/Pavelec nowadays.
I'm ****ing ecstatic that real NHL players want to sign and play for the team I love. What Lawless wrote is a 'no duh' for me. Of course, high calibre UFAs with NTCs won't waive to come to Winnipeg. They want to go where they'll get the most money and where they have a solid chance of winning the cup. We haven't either of those to offer yet. Once Chevy and crew build up a winning culture, we'll start attracting those high-profile players. As fans, all we can do is show our unwavering support of the team. I like the idea of building through the draft, anyways. I would love to see a franchise player grow with the team and help lead it to greater heights.

No pressure, Scheifele.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
A humorus must read guide for the free agent frenzie from a Carolina fan going into tomorrow's deadline:

Nice!!! That was hilarious!!!

Old
06-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Bob E

Quote:

Thanks, ps241. That was great.

Though the name Joni Pitkanen keeps coming to mind. Is he a guy we should try to acquire? And the planet he's from.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:16 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Nice!!! That was hilarious!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Thanks, ps241. That was great.

Though the name Joni Pitkanen keeps coming to mind. Is he a guy we should try to acquire? And the planet he's from.
It was posted on one of the main boards and I thought it was worth bringing over to our board. I love the guys humor and it's something we might need a bit of tomorrow.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:

Quote:
Let's have some perspective here. PA Parenteau was in the AHL longer than Jerome Samson, and Jerome Samson has watched his grandchildren live and die during his AHL career.

That was great.

06-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Bob E

Quote:
It was posted on one of the main boards and I thought it was worth bringing over to our board. I love the guys humor and it's something we might need a bit of tomorrow.
I think there will be a lot of disappointed teams and their fans, tomorrow, not just Jets fans.

But with the salary floor being $6 million higher, a few teams will need to acquire a significant salary to boost their cap total. There may be many more moves over the summer, not unlike Florida's moves (though likely to a smaller degree).

Closed Thread