HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Danny Gallivan tournament?

Old
06-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Megahab

vCash: 500
Danny Gallivan tournament?

Was there a Danny Gallivan legends hockey tournament around 1993? I was only 7-8 years old at the time but I vaguely remember something like that.

I'm looking for more details about the tournament - standings, scores, rosters, etc.

Or was it just a game? I seem to remember more than 2 teams involved (at least Detroit and Chicago? They were wearing the old school jerseys that just say "DETROIT" or "CHICAGO" in the center), which makes me think it was a tournament.

A quick google search didn't bring anything up.

Megahab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Megahab

Nobody? Was this a dream?

Old
06-12-2012, 03:16 PM
eastcoaster

You might be thinking about the Labatt's Original Six tournament but it ran in the early 1980's. A lot of former players like Norm Ullman played. Maybe you saw reruns if it was on television in the early 90's.

eastcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:52 PM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoaster View Post
You might be thinking about the Labatt's Original Six tournament but it ran in the early 1980's. A lot of former players like Norm Ullman played. Maybe you saw reruns if it was on television in the early 90's.
I just looked this up and this Labatt tournament was way too early for it to be what I was thinking of.

This is driving me crazy now. I am so sure that there was some kind of tournament like this in memory of Danny Gallivan. He died in February of 1993 so this must have been soon after that. I can't believe I can't find anything about this on the Internet.