HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Final Game #6 - NJD at LAK, postmortem edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Team Concept

vCash: 500
We're not trading Larsson. Why would you even consider that? We just got him.

I'm not talking now I'm talking in 2 or 3 years. Like a Shanahan for Pronger is the best I can think of right now. A blue chip for a blue chip to balance your forward and defensemen.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:41 PM
billingtons ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Concept View Post
We're not trading Larsson. Why would you even consider that? We just got him.

I'm not talking now I'm talking in 2 or 3 years. Like a Shanahan for Pronger is the best I can think of right now. A blue chip for a blue chip to balance your forward and defensemen.
I doubt we'd trade Larsson - but the idea is perceived value versus real value. If Lou/Stevens/Robinson see greatness in the kid - fine. If they see a ultra-high draft pick with flashes of brilliance that may just not have consistency but can bring back a top6 forward....

If he is Zidlicky-esque in two years, do you deal him? (No knock on Zid, but you get my meaning)

Old
06-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Parise will stay. Elias is replaced by Josefson. Zubrus is replaced by a free agent or surprise prospect.
Hopefully. The skillset is there but...

Old
06-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post

Oh man I needed that. Forgot all about this clip.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
06-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 50
This one was easy to get over.

I'd do this all over again. Holding my head up high and will still be watching the Henrique goal over and over. This is a far cry from the 2001 SCF loss. That year I expected to win and wanted Marty to beat Roy head to ead and all that Bourque this Bourque that crap was making me sick. Plus spoiled ass bandwagon Avs fans got another cup. You gotta be happy for L.A's diehard fan and let's face it they were the better team.

Loved this Devils team and I trust Lou to do everything to get us back in this position soon. Again the bar has been raised for the organization. LGD in 2013!!!!

Old
06-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's Koolaid View Post
I'd do this all over again. Holding my head up high and will still be watching the Henrique goal over and over. This is a far cry from the 2001 SCF loss. That year I expected to win and wanted Marty to beat Roy head to ead and all that Bourque this Bourque that crap was making me sick. Plus spoiled ass bandwagon Avs fans got another cup. You gotta be happy for L.A's diehard fan and let's face it they were the better team.

Loved this Devils team and I trust Lou to do everything to get us back in this position soon. Again the bar has been raised for the organization. LGD in 2013!!!!
Same. I woke up today, and wasnt too bothered by it

Old
06-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Same. I woke up today, and wasnt too bothered by it
Been a sports fan for alomost 25 years now and you learn to have a little better perspective and appreciation for things. Losing to the Rangers would have been a disaster and getting swept would have really sucked too. Niether happend. I don't get all this butt hurt over the officiating it's quite frankly embarassing. The better team one and their fans who are 3,000 miles away from us deserved to see a life long dream come true.

Again it sucks not to win it cause you never know when this opportunity will return.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

I'm having a bit of a rough time with the loss today. Now that the anger is going away, I find myself thinking about all the great moments we experienced this season and it's hard not to get overwhelmed by just how much of a team this group truly was this year. I'm really going to miss this team. A lot.

If I learned anything these last 18 months, and especially these last two, you don't need to actually win the Cup to be true champions. I guess that would be the gravy for all of us but these Devils are champions to me and for all of us no matter what the final score was yesterday.

Just gotta keep our heads up and be proud of what they were able to accomplish. Enjoy this team for all it was worth. These types really don't come around too often.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:15 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

Can't wait to see the bill from the after party. There's probably gonna be thousands of dollars worth of booze for Carter and Richards, and then two dozen cheeseburgers with everything on them for Doughty. Penner probably got a hernia eating celebratory pancakes, and Sutter flew home so he could shovel ****, his favorite past time.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

I, for one, am wallowing in ******** today. It'll pass though. I've watched this team for 24 years and 21 of them have ended in some degree of pain and suffering. Just part of being a passionate sports fan.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard VI View Post
Can't wait to see the bill from the after party. There's probably gonna be thousands of dollars worth of booze for Carter and Richards, and then two dozen cheeseburgers with everything on them for Doughty. Penner probably got a hernia eating celebratory pancakes, and Sutter flew home so he could shovel ****, his favorite past time.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Czech Trio
from jersey

This is going to be a long post. First off, congratulations to the Los Angeles Kings. They showed the world that it doesn't matter how you get in but how you play once the first puck is dropped. They played unbelievably from the first round to the Final. The Devils just woke up and start winning a game too late.

The Bernier call: Absolute bull ****. In the first ten minutes of an elimination game in game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals your going to handicap a team on a 5 minute major and eject a player on an extremely borderline hit? Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm not blaming why we lost the series on the refs but they gave the Devils no chance in this game.

Bernier was doing his job forechecking and hitting and he was finishing a check. Every game defensemen go back to retrieve the puck pass and take the hit from the side. Scuderi in the last second turned PUTTING HIMSELF in the vulnerable position to be bloodied and potentially hurt but WE get penalized.

The refs need to know what the situation is in the game. Don't tell me I'm making excuses on why the Devils lost. That call was truly brutal and horrifying. With every year that passes it seems players can do less and less without getting a pe:nalty. These refs ****ed up big time, so heres a big **** you NHL.

Berniers Future: Bring him back. I applaud him for his work ethic and forechecking. He was doing his job. If we are in that situation 10 more times I want him forechecking hard and taking the body like he did. Sometimes **** happens and the ref botched a call and Scuderi turned into it.

Volchenkov/ref pick: Alright, so the linemen is off the board and he takes Volchenkov out of the rush completely. This allows for the Kings to set up and eventually score. This is another example of the refs making their impact felt yet again. After the shot the whistle needs to be blown. So frustrating.

The rest of the game: I'll try to keep this short. We killed off Volchenkovs penalty early and were looking good and energized. Then we know what happened which changed the game.

Who to applaud and who to blame: I applaud every one that was on the team during this run. I blame NO ONE. It truly has been a great year!

Our future: Our captain and starting goalie are slated to be UFA's. In this situation 29 other teams fan bases would be worried. I am not though. I'm confident in Lou and management to get what needs to be done done.

LETS GO DEVILS

Old
06-12-2012, 02:27 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

^ I wish I can have your cheery outlook on this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
I'm having a bit of a rough time with the loss today. Now that the anger is going away, I find myself thinking about all the great moments we experienced this season and it's hard not to get overwhelmed by just how much of a team this group truly was this year. I'm really going to miss this team. A lot.

If I learned anything these last 18 months, and especially these last two, you don't need to actually win the Cup to be true champions. I guess that would be the gravy for all of us but these Devils are champions to me and for all of us no matter what the final score was yesterday.

Just gotta keep our heads up and be proud of what they were able to accomplish. Enjoy this team for all it was worth. These types really don't come around too often.
Umm...The Devils are Eastern Conference Champions, too. Not that *that* is of any consolation but still.....it's something.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

When does the Stanley Cup board disappear? I don't want to see it.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

I read Larsson trade and went completely nuts .. Why would you even consider it or write it down Even if it's not serious and only for values it's a pretty strange thought

Old
06-12-2012, 02:39 PM
48th Chamber Design

Bettman Speech

As far back as i can remember the commissioner always tipped his hat to both teams in his speech before awarding the cup. I might have missed it but I am almost positive that He NEVER mentioned the Devils in that speech. he mentioned the three teams that the Kings beat to get to the final.

I hope when Lou forfeits the pick today he tells him to choke on it for slighting the Organization in such a classless way and not acknowledging the NJ Devils!!!!

I'm so proud of this team and how far they have come from last year!!!

They beat there 2 biggest rivals convincingly on there way to the Stanley Cup Final!!!
how many teams can say that?

Way to go Boys!!!

Old
06-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
^ I wish I can have your cheery outlook on this game.

Umm...The Devils are Eastern Conference Champions, too. Not that *that* is of any consolation but still.....it's something.
You're right, it does mean something, for me at least. But when you make it to the Final and can't close the deal, you leave as the loser of the series. Kinda puts a damper on everything. I guess it's one of those things. Someone had to lose and in this case, it was our guys.

It will be alright. It was just mentioned, nearly every season will end with some sort of pain or difficult finish. It's just the way it goes. For me, i'm upset that they couldn't win, but it's more because that it's the end for this group. Changes will be made and you just gotta hope that at some point, they can recapture what made them special this year.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:41 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48th Chamber Design View Post
As far back as i can remember the commissioner always tipped his hat to both teams in his speech before awarding the cup. I might have missed it but I am almost positive that He NEVER mentioned the Devils in that speech. he mentioned the three teams that the Kings beat to get to the final.

I hope when Lou forfeits the pick today he tells him to choke on it for slighting the Organization in such a classless way and not acknowledging the NJ Devils!!!!

I'm so proud of this team and how far they have come from last year!!!

They beat there 2 biggest rivals convincingly on there way to the Stanley Cup Final!!!
how many teams can say that?

Way to go Boys!!!
He did mention them..your conspiracy is wrong.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:42 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
When does the Stanley Cup board disappear? I don't want to see it.
seriously. at least change the name back. i dont remember a 'hail the bruins' title..

Old
06-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
seriously. at least change the name back. i dont remember a 'hail the bruins' title..
It's disrespectful. I'm sure if the Devils had won there would be a "Shout at the Devil" re naming. I don't find it playful or funny, right on par with the Kings stupid twitter feed.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:49 PM
48th Chamber Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
He did mention them..your conspiracy is wrong.
thanks for clearing that up i guess i missed it.

It was bothering me all morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slayed.jpg‎ (263.7 KB, 11 views)

Old
06-12-2012, 03:03 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
It's disrespectful. I'm sure if the Devils had won there would be a "Shout at the Devil" re naming. I don't find it playful or funny, right on par with the Kings stupid twitter feed.
Difference is' the Kings twitter feed is for themselves and their own fans, they're supposed to be homeristic The main board theoreticaly is supposed to be for fans of all teams, not show favoritism toward some and diss others.

Old
06-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Difference is' the Kings twitter feed is for themselves and their own fans, they're supposed to be homeristic The main board theoreticaly is supposed to be for fans of all teams, not show favoritism toward some and diss others.
I'm thinking a mod whose a kings fan changed it. if not, that's some b.s. i don't think it's funny, no other team got a board name changed.

Old
06-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Team Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dutch View Post
I read Larsson trade and went completely nuts .. Why would you even consider it or write it down Even if it's not serious and only for values it's a pretty strange thought
I wasn't specifically talking about Larsson. I simply pointed out that we have a glut of top notch defensive prospects/youngsters and very few forward prospects. I just felt it might be necessary to trade 1 of them straightup for a very good forward.

Old
06-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Nick0930

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
That rule only applies when the Devils aren't involved. You can say "Debbies" and "Fat Uncle Daddy" all you want, but if you say "Queen" or "Rags", get ready for an infraction.

Closed Thread