HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Final Game #6 - NJD at LAK, postmortem edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Kings1967
Rookie User

vCash: 500
NJ Devils are a 100% stand-up team!!

LA Kings fan coming in peace.

I just wanted to tell all the NJD fans that a lot of Kings fans have to utmost respect for the Devil's team. And Marty... what an awesome goalie and Ambassador to the sport. Period. The guy is 100% class.

The Kings fans might not admit it, but the NJD had us worried. Definitely the toughest opponent in the playoffs. And all the NJD players were classy.

I won't go into botched calls or what-if's... but I just wanted to send the NJ Devils props for being a great team with a ton of character. This could have gone either way... and the NJDs were classy the whole way.

Cheers,

Kings1967

Old
06-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Old
06-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

If saying the team lost all on their faults makes you feel better then fine. I don't get the need to put down people who really feel like Game 6 was a damn circus and we weren't given a fair shake in that game at all. Everyone gets Game 1 and 2 and 3, no one is denying that.

Score would of been totally different if it was a fair called game. I'm sorry but I totally believe it would of been another coin flip game.

I don't subscribe to any conspiracy theories, don't think the refs had an agenda. I can understand thinking it because NBC's biased coverage lends it self to that, but that just isn't what happened. The refs were complete morons, did a terrible job and inserted themselves into the game when they shouldn't of been. They screwed up plain and simple.

People have a right to be mad at the stripes today. Jeez.

Old
06-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Concept View Post
Secondly, our forward prospect pool is simply dreadful (I'm not counting our graduations like Henrique Josefson, etc...). I'm talking 2 or 3 years down the line. We have to go all forward in this draft year or perhaps trade Larsson, Merrill, or Gelinas for a blue chip forward in the next couple of years.
We're not going to trade Larsson or Merrill. Maybe the other guys, but definitely not those two.

Old
06-12-2012, 04:53 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
The 'Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion' board has been re-named the 'All Hail The Kings!' board.

Old
06-12-2012, 04:54 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
If saying the team lost all on their faults makes you feel better then fine. I don't get the need to put down people who really feel like Game 6 was a damn circus and we weren't given a fair shake in that game at all. Everyone gets Game 1 and 2 and 3, no one is denying that.

Score would of been totally different if it was a fair called game. I'm sorry but I totally believe it would of been another coin flip game.

I don't subscribe to any conspiracy theories, don't think the refs had an agenda. I can understand thinking it because NBC's biased coverage lends it self to that, but that just isn't what happened. The refs were complete morons, did a terrible job and inserted themselves into the game when they shouldn't of been. They screwed up plain and simple.

People have a right to be mad at the stripes today. Jeez.
As someone who was pretty neutral this series, I believe you guys got absolutely jobbed, and not just in this game.

I know it's been vogue for a while for media and even fans to dismiss horrible calls that directly influence games and say how if they just did this, that, or the other, a good team should be able to overcome bad calls.

It's complete nonsense.

No, you shouldn't have allowed 3 PP goals, but why should you have had to kill a 5 minute penalty to begin with? The play should have been called dead after the Stoll hit, and to make matters worse, Penner forearms a Devil's defenseman right in the mouth in front of the referee right before the whistle blew.

I'm sorry, but that makes all the difference in the game. You guys were simply not given a fair shake in that period, and nothing you did afterward would have made a difference after LA scored their goals. It was a screw job of epic proportions, and I hope DeBoer comes out next week and says something about it.

Heck, even though the game was already over, what business does a linesman have standing at the circle when it's anything but an icing call when he runs into Volchenkov?

I haven't gone through the entire thread to get everyone's opinion, but man oh man I'd be bouncing off the walls right now if it was the Pens.

Old
06-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
The 'Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion' board has been re-named the 'All Hail The Kings!' board.
i'd really like a mod's explanation of this. this is sour grapes, i don't give a ****...having to scroll through the menu and seeing that garbage is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. it's just disrespectful...all hell would have broken loose last year if boston was given that....it's a joke.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:00 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

lol that's one of the many reasons why I don't have the main page bookmarked, only 'this' forum. Occasionally I wind up going there for the hell of it to lurk, but I ain't going there now while they're gloating.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:01 PM
MadDevil

Quote:
Apparently you're not allowed to question the title change on that board either.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
Apparently you're not allowed to question the title change on that board either.
I saw that as well "oh the board will be gone soon" i don't care...it's dumb. no another champion was given that, what makes the kings so special? garbage

Old
06-12-2012, 05:04 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Yeah the thread lasted seven posts before it was locked lol

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1206661

Old
06-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
As someone who was pretty neutral this series, I believe you guys got absolutely jobbed, and not just in this game.

I know it's been vogue for a while for media and even fans to dismiss horrible calls that directly influence games and say how if they just did this, that, or the other, a good team should be able to overcome bad calls.

It's complete nonsense.

No, you shouldn't have allowed 3 PP goals, but why should you have had to kill a 5 minute penalty to begin with? The play should have been called dead after the Stoll hit, and to make matters worse, Penner forearms a Devil's defenseman right in the mouth in front of the referee right before the whistle blew.

I'm sorry, but that makes all the difference in the game. You guys were simply not given a fair shake in that period, and nothing you did afterward would have made a difference after LA scored their goals. It was a screw job of epic proportions, and I hope DeBoer comes out next week and says something about it.

Heck, even though the game was already over, what business does a linesman have standing at the circle when it's anything but an icing call when he runs into Volchenkov?

I haven't gone through the entire thread to get everyone's opinion, but man oh man I'd be bouncing off the walls right now if it was the Pens.
Thank you for the kind words. It's been hard to have this point of view here because for some reason I guess it's not classy or something to question how a game was officiated in a losing effort against a good team?

I don't have the stomach to review the plays leading up to and during the fateful powerplay, but like you said, they let so much go for the Kings during that stretch. I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching.

I'd like nothing more than to tip my hat to the winning team. There is no shame in losing, but I honestly feel like I have been robbed of that opportunity. I absolutely cannot stand behind some of the decisions that were made on the ice yesterday. I just can't.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:13 PM
drewbee30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's Koolaid View Post
I'd do this all over again. Holding my head up high and will still be watching the Henrique goal over and over. This is a far cry from the 2001 SCF loss. That year I expected to win and wanted Marty to beat Roy head to ead and all that Bourque this Bourque that crap was making me sick. Plus spoiled ass bandwagon Avs fans got another cup. You gotta be happy for L.A's diehard fan and let's face it they were the better team.

Loved this Devils team and I trust Lou to do everything to get us back in this position soon. Again the bar has been raised for the organization. LGD in 2013!!!!

Old
06-12-2012, 05:14 PM
battlingBard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post

It's complete nonsense.

I just wanted to say, thanks a lot for your support from the Philly series on and for the classy posts and discussion through these playoffs. You're kick*** people.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
Well, I'm sure they would have named it some pro-Devil title had WE won, right? Right?

Old
06-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
That really annoys me too. No way they would have renamed it if we had completed the comeback.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

I for one will be happy when this post game thread is closed. I'm ready to bury this corpse and move on.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
And with the team back home. The trip is over.

Time to do laundry.

Series discussion thread is still open.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Closed Thread