HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Final Game #6 - NJD at LAK, postmortem edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2012, 05:30 AM
cfc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredBrathwaite View Post
Haha a Kings fan trying to be classy. Dichotomy! Get the hell out of here, and just don't say a word to any of us. Your intentions are good, but you don't realize that most of us don't want to talk to a King's fan until the next time we play you, now leave.
The only thing you are going to accomplish here is starting a flame war. You definitely read the guys post without first taking off the St.Louis Blues colored sunglasses, because he wasn't being rude or condescending in any way. You made that up in your head for whatever reason, possibly jealousy that an arch rival won the cup and you didn't.

You have no room to tell someone else to leave, because like the Kings fan and myself, you are a guest here.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:34 AM
SMoneyMonkey

Was a great series. Really too bad how it ended.

Bernier is a class act. It sucks what happened but it's a game of split seconds. There should be a double minor for boarding in the rule book. Even if the hit warranted a major, the missed call directly before really should have made it a double minor.

Kovalchuk was definitely hurt. Really too bad.

Parise is a warrior, wasn't connecting for him too well this series but the effort he puts in is inspiring. And he's got a full toolbag. I'm betting on him resigning with you.

Really hope Brodeur doesn't retire.

There was a lot about that game that I didn't like. The two misconducts were overkill, roughing should have been enough. The refs seemed to be really afraid of losing control of the Devils and it negatively affected the game.

I wish we had Henrique... so much... So muuuuch!

Wish you guys all the best next season!

Old
06-12-2012, 06:27 AM
B A T M A N
Risen

And Rangers fans are STILL going.

Really, was YOUR team in the finals? No, they were sitting at home, watching it on TV.

LA was a really good team this year. We lost against a really good team, but they went down with a really good fight, and I am very proud of them for coming back 2 games when they could have easily given up. Yeah this game was a really bad loss, but half of it was attributed to just one player, so I am 100% proud to be a Devils fan and 110% even prouder Marty fan because he was incredible this entire season.

Coming from a non-bitter Devils fans, I'm proud of my team and their outcome, unlike the seemingly 99% of bitter Rangers fans who should just be proud of their team because they made it so far into the playoffs, it was a good Cup Finals.

Old
06-12-2012, 06:37 AM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

I could care less what Rangers fans have to say. Like their style of play would've beat the Kings. Couldn't beat the Devils, which is why they've been golfing since May.

But anyway, I think I got spared some of the heartbreak by accidentally sleeping through the first half of the game. I missed the Bernier penalty and ensuing 3 goal barrage by LA. Still hurts a lot, but not as much as if I had to experience all that as it happened as opposed to hearing about all of it all at once from you guys.

Old
06-12-2012, 06:43 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

We're talking about Ranger fans?

Oh, I thought this was about the Stanley Cup Finals, you know, that thing the Rangers didn't play in.

Old
06-12-2012, 06:45 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Old
06-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post

Old
06-12-2012, 07:08 AM
hlaverty06

Read last sentence...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Devils.jpg‎ (34.0 KB, 37 views)

Old
06-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Nick0930

Who gives a **** about Ranger fans? In the end, we had 4 more wins than them in the playoffs.

Old
06-12-2012, 07:27 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
This stings, ****ing stings. I have a hard time believing that the Frasers and vanMassenhovens of years past would have allowed a game like this. 47 - 6? Really?
I'll be very anxious to see the next Fraser blog. Fraser had a rep for being a guy that wasn't afraid to decide playoff series and has no axe to grind (he said Clarkson got jobbed, among other things and showed class), but whether he would have gone 'that' far I have no idea.

Old
06-12-2012, 07:35 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

maybe im just in denial, but im really not that upset. we exceeded all expectations, and I can honestly say im proud of this team for the first time in a few years. good job boys

Old
06-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

I'm absolutely livid this morning. It's not about even feeling sad anymore. The fact that a deciding game got that out of control in 5 minutes just really eats at me like you wouldn't believe. All the damn time and money I invested into this season for it to end like that? WE HAD A PLAYER PICKED BY A LINESMAN IN THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All The missed calls on the Kings prior to and during the 5 min major. I don't even know what to say.

And ****ing Scuderi. You hate to wish injury on a player but damn I'm a piece of **** than, I guess. I'd be lying to all of you if I said that it didn't bother me that he finished that game. He ****ing turned on that hit. He turned, and if you're willing to leave yourself that defenseless and eat glass like that, well...... But the Kings don't play an honest game. Not with the way they flop around. Brown running Sykora of all people late in the game. They're a very solid team, but they just make me ****ing sick to my stomach. No honor there at all and that's a shame when you're the champions of a league.

Tell you this much. If there is any form of a work stoppage, and especially if Marty is forced to retire because of it, I'm probably almost certainly done with this league. It gets to a point where you just can't accept what goes on and after last night, I think I had my fill. Losing is one thing, but to be treated like that? Everyone involved with this team worked too hard this last year for that to have gone down.

Last edited by Sir Fenwick Corsi: 06-12-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old
06-12-2012, 08:14 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
maybe im just in denial, but im really not that upset. we exceeded all expectations, and I can honestly say im proud of this team for the first time in a few years. good job boys
Me neither, but the voice of reason is always drowned out by the voice of analfury

Old
06-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Even before the season ended unceremoniously as it did, I was feeling the NHL is starting to get ridiculous and will become unwatchable if it continues to follow this trend. The new dead puck era with many teams playing the "defensive zone turtling" system, or whatever you want to call it. Even harder to watch than the trap of old. Goals per game down to late '90's levels. Officiating that boggles the mind. Suspensions handed out in a seemingly arbitrary way.

Maybe I'm just getting old and bitter, and longing for the "good old days". I wish they'd make hitting legal again. Imagine Scott Stevens playing in the "new NHL"? My goodness...

Old
06-12-2012, 08:25 AM
martyisgod

and this is why I should stay off of Facebook for a while.. this is just one of a few face-palming posts of last night:

atleast the rangers lost with class.. the devils are playin like dirty babies as they are. they just cant except that they r beaten

Old
06-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

The voice of reason doesn't exist me for today because what went down last night is a joke. I mean this is a Cup clinching game for this league and it was nothing more than a circus show out there. It's sad.

I'm very proud of the Devils this year. That won't change. But I feel they deserved better than what they got last night.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Nick0930

I've been bottling in my feelings so far about this loss. Not quite sure how to react.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:29 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

oh god please…im not trying to be a dick…but I just want one thread that doesn’t get filled with ‘annoying facebook things that piss me off’. some of us don’t have facebook for a reason, and avoiding morons is a big one

Old
06-12-2012, 08:34 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Devils in 2003 had a similar game 6 in Anaheim. Only difference was they werent down 3-2 but up 3-2 and were able to rebound from a ref-home-team love fest.

The team needs a new goalie. It's time to turn the page. Let Marty either backup here for 1.5 mill or let him go. Salvador had a great playoff but a lot of that was fluky. 4 goals, 1 was an empty-netter, the other three were fortunate bounces. Because of his stats he's going to get a big contract on the open market. Whomever gives him that contract has my sympathies. He's 34, has a history of concussions and played over his head for the past 2 months.

Time to turn the page with him.

I'd re-sign Gionta and Carter. They'd come cheap and played exceptionally well. Gionta is a perfect spare parts kinda guy. Carter is a very good 4th line center. Bernier I wouldnt have wanted to bring back before the 5 minute major. Just never scored and brought little else.

Sykora I'd let go elsewhere. He was finished as a productive player and we were fortunate to get 21 goals out of him. Just too slow, too old, too small.

Ponikarovsky just didnt score enough. I like him, if he comes real cheap i'd re-sign him but someone else will give him 2 mill a year.

As for Parise, I'd offer him a 7 y 49 mill contract, maybe up it to 7 y 53 Mill at most, if he walks away so be it. Whomever gives him 8 mill AVV will come to regret it. The only problem with letting him go is for one thing, you get nothing for him. For another thing, there is literally nobody else out there to sign to replace him. I would make it a priority to sign Paul Gaustad. Him alone fixes the faceoff problem. I'd see if Shane Doan would be willing to leave Phoenix and if he isnt, I'd look to sign a Mikeal Samuelsson and or P.A. Parenteau.

Kovalchuk Zajac Parenteau
Elias Henrique Zubrus
Clarkson Gaustad Josefson
Gionta Carter Samuelsson

Fayne - Volchekov
Greene - Zidlicky
Larsson - Tallinder

??
Brodeur

Last edited by GentlemanOfLeisure: 06-12-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old
06-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

You can't help but be in awe at what the Devils did this year and appreciate it. Yes, it hurts whenever your team's season ends, even the long despair of when the team is out of it come February and you have to watch the team slog til the end. Getting this close and being teased with a potential Game 7 only to have an embarrassing Game 6 will and should leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

But it was a pretty spectacular year. It's difficult to even get to a conference final, nevermind a Cup final.

I also think this was potentially the last Cup Final hurrah for some guys like Elias, Brodeur, Zubrus. We all want to be optimistic, but one must be a realist. I don't expect the Devils to become a cellar dweller, but this team may have a rough year next year if Kovalchuk is out and Parise doesn't come back. I also wonder how well Brodeur will handle a full load again after being worked so much. Lot of issues surrounding the team's future, which is why you have to sigh about coming so close.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:43 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Roast View Post
You can't help but be in awe at what the Devils did this year and appreciate it. Yes, it hurts whenever your team's season ends, even the long despair of when the team is out of it come February and you have to watch the team slog til the end. Getting this close and being teased with a potential Game 7 only to have an embarrassing Game 6 will and should leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

But it was a pretty spectacular year. It's difficult to even get to a conference final, nevermind a Cup final.

I also think this was potentially the last Cup Final hurrah for some guys like Elias, Brodeur, Zubrus. We all want to be optimistic, but one must be a realist. I don't expect the Devils to become a cellar dweller, but this team may have a rough year next year if Kovalchuk is out and Parise doesn't come back. I also wonder how well Brodeur will handle a full load again after being worked so much. Lot of issues surrounding the team's future, which is why you have to sigh about coming so close.
Why would Kovalchuk be out? Lets say he has back surgery. Season probably wont start anyway till Thanksgiving because of lock out. He'll be back by then.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
The team needs a new goalie. It's time to turn the page. Let Marty either backup here for 1.5 mill or let him go
I agree with this. I'd like Brodeur back as a backup or splitting time, but with whom -- that's the problem. Nobody NHL-ready in the system. No real good starters on the FA market. Hedberg is even older and not as good. This worries me more than anything.

And do any of us really think Clarkson will be a consistent 30-goal scorer? I expect him to be down to his usual 15-20 next year.

Parise perhaps gone.

Elias, Salvador, Zubrus, Sykora == all old and nearing the end of the line. Still haven't had a #1 defenseman since Niedermayer.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but there are lots and lots of questions. Who knows when we'll have a run like this again. Makes it that much harder to swallow.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:48 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
I agree with this. I'd like Brodeur back as a backup or splitting time, but with whom -- that's the problem. Nobody NHL-ready in the system. No real good starters on the FA market. Hedberg is even older and not as good. This worries me more than anything.

And do any of us really think Clarkson will be a consistent 30-goal scorer? I expect him to be down to his usual 15-20 next year.

Parise perhaps gone.

Elias, Salvador, Zubrus, Sykora == all old and nearing the end of the line. Still haven't had a #1 defenseman since Niedermayer.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but there are lots and lots of questions. Who knows when we'll have a run like this again. Makes it that much harder to swallow.
Send Winnipeg something for Pavelec. He's been talking ish about signing in the KHL which is essentially code for he wants out of Winnipeg. Send the Jets Henrik Tallinder and Mattias Tedenby for him.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:50 AM
CerebralGenesis

So we're planning for Kovalchuk to miss time, Brodeur to not start after carrying his team in the finals, and for a lockout til November now? Ya I def need a day or 3 to get away from hockey...

Old
06-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Sarge18

So are Dan O'Rourke and Chris Rooney gonna get their names engraved on the Cup? They earned it.

Closed Thread