HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

46th Obsequious Banter Thread - Kimbi Daniels and his frequent FLYER miles

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2012, 04:36 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
So our cat got sprayed by a skunk last night, and of course we had a plumber coming in this morning to get out the layout of our new kitchen...so we had to have her scrubbed down early before he arrived and let her "bomb" the house.

We doused her with vinegar, then hot water, then tomato juice, then hot water again...then hosed her off with cool water, then non-rinse pet shampoo spray. She doesn't completely reek...but the smell still lingers a bit if you're close enough. Any other tips or ideas from those who've dealt with this?

Old
08-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Go For It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Oh look Hockkeyyyy Insiiderrrr went from 26K followers to 46 overnight. That is one hell of a leap for one night. I smell something fishy going on here.
Yep.

http://philadelphiaflyersnation.word...ght-followers/

Old
08-03-2012, 05:30 AM
Krishna

Got home from cosmic gate.. Was fun besides the little 4'9 girl who was trying to dance on me and ended up making my knee almost bend the wrong way..

Old
08-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Prongo
Beer

Or somewhere in space!!!! Whoa I witnessed it!

Old
08-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Krishna

Quote:

Or somewhere in space!!!! Whoa I witnessed it!

Old
08-06-2012, 01:46 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Makes me think of this

Old
08-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Prongo
Beer

Had to get stitches in my ear because of my St Bernard puppy. Playing with him this morning and he felt like it was a great time to jump on the back of my head. Still love the sucker though.

Old
08-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Phileeguy
Take it, Lou.

Quote:
Had to get stitches in my ear because of my St Bernard puppy. Playing with him this morning and he felt like it was a great time to jump on the back of my head. Still love the sucker though.
I'd probably be willing to get stitched up daily if that was the manner of the injury.

Old
08-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Codith

The Newsroom

Anyone else watch this show? It is pretty damn good, anyways one of the Characters on the show "Jim Harper" looks like Claude Giroux's twin, I swear I think it is him every time

Old
08-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Anyone else watch this show? It is pretty damn good, anyways one of the Characters on the show "Jim Harper" looks like Claude Giroux's twin, I swear I think it is him every time

I do not see the "twin" part of your statement. But I love the show! I thought it would suck but dam there is some very good writing and the top eight actors are very very good. I have to admit, some of the endings of the episodes are the best I have seen. I hope it gets picked up for next season. HBO and Max have some real talent and some great shows. You watch them and how the hell can you turn on regular tv? Glad to hear someone else loves the Newsroom.

Old
08-07-2012, 12:29 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

LOVE The Newsroom. Walked away with Goosebumps after the last episode. Episodes 1 and 4 were unbelievable too. The only part that concerns me is whether or not they're using up all their news stories over the past 2-3 years.

Old
08-07-2012, 12:46 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Just downgraded to 11.2 for Flash. My god is 11.3 Flash such a piece of ****. Not only does it constantly crash for me, but it can flat out freeze Firefox for no reason and can also do some sort of weird non-loading/smear effect when scrolling down a page.

Old
08-07-2012, 01:48 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Awesome.

Old
08-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Phileeguy
Take it, Lou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Awesome.
Two points:
1.) I didn't know Superman was such a Philadelphia sports fan.
2.) This would be about 3 times better if it were a TARDIS.

Old
08-07-2012, 07:48 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
LOVE The Newsroom. Walked away with Goosebumps after the last episode. Episodes 1 and 4 were unbelievable too. The only part that concerns me is whether or not they're using up all their news stories over the past 2-3 years.
Fantastic TV show. Jeff Daniels character is superb and the cast just seems to fit. I see this show having a particularly long shelf life. What I like or hope is that more TV stations will see quality programs like The Newsroom being created and that they'll start getting away from the reality programming crap.

Old
08-07-2012, 08:18 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Fantastic TV show. Jeff Daniels character is superb and the cast just seems to fit. I see this show having a particularly long shelf life. What I like or hope is that more TV stations will see quality programs like The Newsroom being created and that they'll start getting away from the reality programming crap.
AMC produces fantastic shows...Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Killing, Walking Dead, and Hell on Wheels are fantastically directed and well written shows. USA's shows aren't bad either just not as deep imo... I haven't watched any network shows since 24...cable programming just kills it. If you don't have hbo or showtime, AMC is where it's at for basic cable programming.

Old
08-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Phileeguy
Take it, Lou.

Been doing some light cleaning/organizing as I watched the Phillies game. Went through my video cabinet where I ran across a VHS (Yes, I still own VHS tapes, DVDs and their respective players. No Betamax though) that piqued my interest. All that was written on it was "Hockey." So, I popped it in, and what do my eyes spy? A pre-lockout Flyers game broadcast on ABC. It was an Emrick/Clement affair as it was a national game between the Flyers and the Devils on March 13, 2004, which I deduced after watching the game for a bit and used commercial promos to help me google. Flyers won 2-1 (classic pre-lockout Devils game score) on a Ragnarsson goal in the third. Good stuff.

Old
08-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Krishna

I bet you MSE can tell you everything about that game

Old
08-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Phileeguy
Take it, Lou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I bet you MSE can tell you everything about that game
He can probably project crisper mental images than an 8 year old VHS tape could, too.

Old
08-07-2012, 09:13 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
AMC produces fantastic shows...Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Killing, Walking Dead, and Hell on Wheels are fantastically directed and well written shows. USA's shows aren't bad either just not as deep imo... I haven't watched any network shows since 24...cable programming just kills it. If you don't have hbo or showtime, AMC is where it's at for basic cable programming.
FX also has some great shows. Rescue Me was (is?) great, and Sons of Anarchy is one of my new top 3 favorite shows. Then switch it up and go with some comedy, Always Sunny in Philadelphia obviously, and The League is absolutely brilliant, even if you don't like football/fantasy sports.

Old
08-07-2012, 09:18 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

In other important entertainment news, Joss Whedon's back for The Avengers 2, but wait...there's MORE:

(via Superherohype.com)
Quote:
During Disney's earnings call today, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger announced that Joss Whedon has officially signed on to write and direct The Avengers 2. He also revealed that Whedon will have a hand in the creation of the proposed Marvel TV show for ABC.

Old
08-07-2012, 09:57 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
FX also has some great shows. Rescue Me was (is?) great, and Sons of Anarchy is one of my new top 3 favorite shows. Then switch it up and go with some comedy, Always Sunny in Philadelphia obviously, and The League is absolutely brilliant, even if you don't like football/fantasy sports.
i totally forgot fx, probably because always sunny isn't on...but yeah FX is great, the league, always sunny, and archer are simply hilarious...some of the best comedies on tv. never got into sons of anarchy or rescue me but ive heard great things about both. i really liked american horror story but unsure how their going to do a second season.

Old
08-07-2012, 10:16 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
i totally forgot fx, probably because always sunny isn't on...but yeah FX is great, the league, always sunny, and archer are simply hilarious...some of the best comedies on tv. never got into sons of anarchy or rescue me but ive heard great things about both. i really liked american horror story but unsure how their going to do a second season.
I finally gave SoA a shot about a month or two ago, got sucked in immediately, and watched the first 3 seasons on Netflix in about two weeks. Completely hooked. Give it a shot if you've got access to it.

Old
08-08-2012, 12:23 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Have fun reading this: http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/j/joyc.../complete.html

Old
08-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Prongo
Beer

Had the urge to make a bet today in baseball.

Parlayed three bets for 100 bucks. Can win 650 if it works out

Angels vs Athletics-Over 7.
EDIT#1: Looking alright so far. Greinke is all over the place and thrown 60 pitches in the first 2 innings. 4-1 Athletics in the bottom of the second.
EDIT#2: Looking great so far. 4-2 in the bottom of the 4th and have Angels top of the line up coming up. Need two more runs and will wait for the last game.
EDIT#3: Winner winner chicken dinner. 5-4 in the top of the 5th inning. I just need it to go the full 9 and that will be the 2nd of 3 legs completed. Now I wait till 7 for the Yankees.

Red Sox vs Texas-Over 9 1/2.
EDIT #1: Looking good so far 1st inning and it's 3-2. Just five more runs.
EDIT #2: Looking excellent on this game so far. 6-3 Rangers in the bottom of the 5th. Should win the first leg of the bet.
EDIT #3: Winner winner chicken dinner 6-4 in the bottom of the 5th. Onto the Angels game now. 20 mins till start time.

Yankees vs Tigers- Over 8 1/2

Here's to winning people!! Well at least I hope I do!

Also I believe it was ShootNScore, did you ever make your parlay bet on USC and Barkley?

Last edited by Prongo: 08-08-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Closed Thread