HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parade and Fan Rally 6/14/2012

Old
06-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LombardiTool View Post
I got tickets for the following location: Section E-8, Row GA. I looked on a staples center map and didnt see it. Does anyone know where this is?
Edit* Nevermind, TonySCV got it.

Last edited by Wildturkey12: 06-13-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:16 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Turns out they held enough tickets so that they could offer 1 per employee, so now I get to go.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Cat1025

Quote:
I got tickets for the following location: Section E-8, Row GA. I looked on a staples center map and didnt see it. Does anyone know where this is?
Sounds like a suite to me.

Cat1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:46 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
You lucked out.

E8 is an event suite. The seats aren't numbered in the suites so it just shows GA (or SRO as you're allowed several SRO tickets for each suite). You have suite tickets.

E8 is on the same level as the C level suites. Head to the VIP entrances and ask the ushers to guide you.

You can see E8 on the map above. Right side.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:54 PM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Got 2 tickets. Friend and I will be in attendance. What time are people congregating?

cyclones22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:13 PM
lak4ever

Anybody know about how the driving situation will me be? My dad said something about a bunch of roads being closed and parking being raised to about 25 bucks?

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lak4ever View Post
Anybody know about how the driving situation will me be? My dad said something about a bunch of roads being closed and parking being raised to about 25 bucks?
I updated Post #1 w/ the INFO ...

PARKING and PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION

There will be numerous public parking lots available for fans along the parade route. Prices will vary. With no major event scheduled, ample parking will be available in the Los Angeles Convention Center lots. STAPLES Center lots will also be open. Exact locations and parking rates can be found at www.staplescenter.com

Fans and media are encouraged to take advantage of the plethora of public transportation options that serve downtown, STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE. Of particular note are the light rail stations at Pico and Flower serving both the Blue and (new) Expo Lines and the 7th & Figueroa St. Metro Station located mid-way of the parade route. Members of the downtown business community as well as residents can reach the parade route by taking the Dash bus line operated by Metro.

STREET CLOSURES - beginning at 4 AM

Besides the Figueroa Street parade route between 5th Street and 11th St./Chick Hearn Ct., the LAPD and DOT will close the following streets in the immediate STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE area:
•Figueroa Street between 3rd Street and Pico Blvd.
•11th Street/Chick Hearn Court between Figueroa and Cherry Street
•L.A. LIVE Way (formerly Cherry Street) between Olympic and Pico Blvds

LAPD/DOT will begin closing the immediate area surrounding STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE approximately 4 AM (PDT) on June 14th.

NOTE: L.A. Live Plaza will be closed to non-ticketed patrons, so we suggest you watch along Figueroa.
Please note, Fans with tickets for the SOLD OUT STAPLES Center Rally event scheduled later in the day may show their tickets to enter special viewing areas along Chick Hearn Ct. on the south side of the street in STAPLES Center’s Star Plaza or on the north side of the street in L.A. LIVE’s Nokia Plaza. Only those with tickets for the Rally can enter these areas due to the plaza's limited space.

Kings fans planning to attend Thursday's victory parade are highly encouraged to line the one-mile Figueroa Street parade route between 5th Street to the north and Chick Hearn Ct. to the south (on both sides of the street), as all the immediate areas adjacent to STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE will be controlled by the Los Angeles Police Department and Department of Transportation with limited access.

The parade is expected to last 30-45 minutes.

Fans with tickets for the STAPLES Center Rally event scheduled later in the day may show their tickets to enter special viewing areas along Chick Hearn Ct. on the south side of the street in STAPLES Center's Star Plaza or on the north side of the street in L.A. LIVE's Nokia Plaza. Only those with tickets for the Rally can enter these areas.

Restaurants within L.A. LIVE will remain open during parade hours, yet access will be limited to the district's northern entrance off Olympic Boulevard.

FAN RALLY - begins at 2:30 inside STAPLES Center

The Los Angeles Kings will produce a special "Championship Rally" inside of STAPLES Center for their fans. Beginning at 2:30 PM, the 60-minute ticketed event will include specially-produced video highlights from the season, introductions of the entire team, coaching staff and executives with speeches and reactions from many of the players in addition to special presentations and surprises.

STAPLES Center will open at approximately 1:00 PM on Thursday to fans with tickets. All refreshment stands and TEAM LA locations will be open until the end of the rally.

Last edited by Puck U: 06-13-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Parking is a no go. I didn't even consider driving.

I am taking Amtrak in from Fullerton and back out again. Connect up with the red line at Union Station and it takes you to the 7th Street redline/purpleline station.

The purple line is supposed to take you on to Chick Hearn court but I doubt it...considering all the security, I am not sure about that. Looks like a walk from the 7th street station but if purple is open I will go that route.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:52 PM
lak4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post

I am taking Amtrak in from Fullerton and back out again. Connect up with the red line at Union Station and it takes you to the 7th Street redline/purpleline station.

The purple line is supposed to take you on to Chick Hearn court but I doubt it...considering all the security, I am not sure about that. Looks like a walk from the 7th street station but if purple is open I will go that route.
Coming from Burbank, what do you think is the best option?

Old
06-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Coming from Burbank, what do you think is the best option?
Looking at metrolink, it appears you have yellow line service at the airport.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/sched...e_id/1145.html

I would have taken metrolink, but for the fact that the orange line schedule sucks and I have to get back in time for my son's graduation at 5:30 p.m., so I opted for Amtrak, which has a friendlier schedule for me (it's going to be a close call anyway).

Old
06-13-2012, 11:07 PM
kingscup
MBML

Send a message via AIM to kingscup
Quote:

What time you leaving from Fullerton? I live in Anaheim Hills, and considering doing this.

Last edited by kingscup: 06-13-2012 at 11:16 PM.
kingscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:08 PM
lak4ever

Quote:
Looking at metrolink, it appears you have yellow line service at the airport.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/sched...e_id/1145.html

I would have taken metrolink, but for the fact that the orange line schedule sucks and I have to get back in time for my son's graduation at 5:30 p.m., so I opted for Amtrak, which has a friendlier schedule for me (it's going to be a close call anyway).
Sorry never been on the metro so this is all new to me lol. Thank you though!

Old
06-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingscup View Post
What time you leaving from Fullerton? I live in Anaheim Hills, and considering doing this.
It's the 10:19 a.m. train, parking there sucks terrible, might have to park a few blocks away.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

I'm going to drive there, cos I have never been on a metro and I'm not gonna risk tomorrow learning how lol. How early are some of you going?

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:52 PM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I'm going to drive there, cos I have never been on a metro and I'm not gonna risk tomorrow learning how lol. How early are some of you going?
I'm driving too. I'd take the train, but I'm going with a friend who has no station near him. We plan to arrive between 9:30am and 10am.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:05 AM
lak4ever

Quote:
My dad wasn't to big on taking the metro so it looks like will be driving as well. We're leaving at 9:45.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
It's the 10:19 a.m. train, parking there sucks terrible, might have to park a few blocks away.
I'll be on the 9:20 from Fullerton (Metrolink).

The 10:14 Amtrak is fine of course, but you'll get to Union Station at 10:50, then take red line to 7th / Metro, and it'll be around 11:15 or so. I'm not taking a chance that Figueroa will be ultra crowded by 11:30 - parade starts at 12:00, right? I'm guessing a HUGE crowd - better be safe than sorry.

Yeah, parking at Fullerton Station does suck after the 6:18 train - all the spots at the station are full. I'm not even sure where to park that late, somewhere north of Commonwealth I guess.

Maybe I'll see you guys tomorrow am.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Shellz

Quote:
My friends and I are leaving around 5am which should put us in LA around 9. Hopefully parking won't be too much of a problem.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:22 AM
William H Bonney

I have to drive through Southern California to head to San Diego tomorrow morning for a wedding. Need some help from the locals. I'm planning on taking the 210 and 57 to bypass the 5 for the most part (and hopefully a lot of the traffic) but do you all think the traffic is going to be bad on that route if I'll be getting on the 210 around 10:30 to 11?

06-14-2012, 01:32 AM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
I'll be on the 9:20 from Fullerton (Metrolink).

The 10:14 Amtrak is fine of course, but you'll get to Union Station at 10:50, then take red line to 7th / Metro, and it'll be around 11:15 or so. I'm not taking a chance that Figueroa will be ultra crowded by 11:30 - parade starts at 12:00, right? I'm guessing a HUGE crowd - better be safe than sorry.

Yeah, parking at Fullerton Station does suck after the 6:18 train - all the spots at the station are full. I'm not even sure where to park that late, somewhere north of Commonwealth I guess.

Maybe I'll see you guys tomorrow am.
I used to live in Fullerton and took the train all the time to work in Hollywood. Don't park at the station. Hell, I'd park at on any street off of Harbor between Chapman and Santa Fe and walk for 5 minutes to the station. You should be able to find street parking on Wilshire or Amerige, easy.

Old
06-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

This should be interesting...I'm driving solo tomorrow.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Change of plans, my siblings and i will get dropped off. Yayy no parking hassle.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:03 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Driving there solo myself ... never been a problem before, and if leaving early ... I plan to arrive in around Staples by 9:30-10:30 sometime to get decent close parking ... so I don't see why it should be an issue ? there's no other major events going on, it's not on a Friday, and it's not "during work rush hours" so it should be fine.

As for Will.H.B ... the 210 usually has very light traffic on it, I used to live along it in the Foothills area, Pasadena/Glendale/Burbank and as a roofing contractor travel it ALL THE TIME for 20+ years at all hours, it rarely has traffic, with the exception of the Pasadena City section, but you usually make your way through that fairly fast during the morning hours, you mention 10:30-11 am, should be clear by then.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:15 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Really don't get why they don't give STH their seats. I'm in section 218 but my rally seats are 304 I think. Kinda bummed about that.

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:21 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Sorry never been on the metro so this is all new to me lol. Thank you though!
there'll be enough kings fans everywhere that you can just follow the leader.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote