HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Simmons Want Kings To Get Parise

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2012, 03:36 PM
  #26
Ishad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
Considering they've got $16M in cap space next season with only depth players to sign (King, Penner, Stoll, Fraser), I'd say they'd be one of the favourites. Fresh off a cup run, strong young core, and plenty of cap space...the ideal fit for a top tier UFA.

And over the next 3-4 years, the only real raises will be Quick (probably from $1.8M to around $5M in 2013), Brown (maybe $3.175M to $6M in 2014), and Voynov ($817K to maybe $1.5-2M in 2013). Everyone else is either a veteran earning probably as much as they'd make on the open market, or else depth players who could be replaced internally or through the FA market.
Quick is going to get closer to 7.5 million then 5 million.

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:38 PM
  #27
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishad View Post
Quick is going to get closer to 7.5 million then 5 million.
quick will get more then richards 5.7 and less then kopi 6.8 look for him to sign around 6.5

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:41 PM
  #28
Ishad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
quick will get more then richards 5.7 and less then kopi 6.8 look for him to sign around 6.5
6.5 million is closer to 7.5 than it is to 5 million. I can see quick getting anywhere from 6.5 to 7+

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:45 PM
  #29
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishad View Post
6.5 million is closer to 7.5 than it is to 5 million. I can see quick getting anywhere from 6.5 to 7+
The frist thing i noticed with dean when he got to the kings he doesnt over pay and has a good grasp on how to manage the cap. Rumours was drew wasnt going to sign for less then 7.5 he signed for 7. Jack johnson was asking 6 millon according to rumours he signed for 3.47 ish my point is dean pays fair but doesnt overpay

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:47 PM
  #30
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 72,113
vCash: 50
Get in the queue.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:48 PM
  #31
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
quick will get more then richards 5.7 and less then kopi 6.8 look for him to sign around 6.5
His newest comps, Bryz and Rinne say otherwise.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:54 PM
  #32
Dr Swag
Banned User
 
Dr Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: T.
Country: Canada
Posts: 789
vCash: 500
Eklund confirms.

Quote:
I have been told the Kings are high on his list. Very high. Others will put in bids. Detroit has the money to make it happen...And they make logical sense, but I am told by sources close to Detroit that the Wings don't expect to have a great chance. The Flyers have Parise #1 on their list as well. The Flyers need defense, but they also know Suter is not coming to Philly. The Leafs are, and always have been high on Parise. burke's experience with team USA and Parise has him in love with Zach. They will make a HUGE push, but it is starting to look more like the Leafs are leaning towards Luongo and possibly Nash as their two targets. However both have contracts that Burke hates and this is no small issue.

Dr Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:54 PM
  #33
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 72,113
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
Eklund confirms.
The words Eklund and Confirms do not exist in the same sentence. Ever.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:03 PM
  #34
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
His newest comps, Bryz and Rinne say otherwise.
They said the same with weber for drew. Just cause they overpaid doesn;t mean the kings will. I think the nhl teams overpay for players Its the reason the cap is there to make it fair for others. There is something called loyalty to a team as long as the offer is fair ( 6.5 is fair) a player can and will resign. Take a look up and down the roster most of the team if were freeagents would make more then there money but to make a team fit and have security of a long term home they took less. It would be out of character for dean to pay more then kopitar

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:25 PM
  #35
KingsCourt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,565
vCash: 500
would love zach on the kings...but don't see it happen...i think they keep the current team with maybe penner gone, replaced by a young guy and stoll resigned...heck, we are the champs!

KingsCourt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:33 PM
  #36
sd1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
The words Eklund and Confirms do not exist in the same sentence. Ever.
Not true exactly. The problem is that the only time he can confirm it is when it happened the day before.

sd1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:35 PM
  #37
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain
 
GentlemanOfLeisure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East Windsor NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,004
vCash: 500
Watch him go the washington Captials.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:37 PM
  #38
Flames1217
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
They would have a disgusting top 6, if this happens they will no doubt have the best top 6 in the league.

Williams/Kopitar/Brown
Parise/Richards/Carter

Very,Very,Very, potent top 6

Flames1217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
  #39
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Penner and Stolls massive contracts coming off the books and they will be just resigned for cheaper contracts.
Plus the salary cap is going up.

So the Kings have around 8-10 Million to spend after they give Quick a 6 mill contract
I don't think Stoll and Penner will get pay cuts. Some team will offer them the same money they have been making.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:42 PM
  #40
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
They said the same with weber for drew. Just cause they overpaid doesn;t mean the kings will. I think the nhl teams overpay for players Its the reason the cap is there to make it fair for others. There is something called loyalty to a team as long as the offer is fair ( 6.5 is fair) a player can and will resign. Take a look up and down the roster most of the team if were freeagents would make more then there money but to make a team fit and have security of a long term home they took less. It would be out of character for dean to pay more then kopitar
I'm not overly greedy, and if I were Quick, I would walk to free agency if 6.5 was on the table, unless it was something ridiculous, like a 20 year contract.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:42 PM
  #41
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Totally lost
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,690
vCash: 850
A Parise-Richards-Carter line would be a pretty scary second line, especially come playoff time. I don't see him going to the team that just beat him though, I'm going to guess the other team that always tries for the big-name free agent and also has plenty of cap space: NYR. Detroit is probably also in the mix with Lidstrom's retirement opening up plenty of cap space.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:44 PM
  #42
sabresfan129103
Registered User
 
sabresfan129103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,933
vCash: 500
That would be the ultimate troll job if they did.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:45 PM
  #43
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I don't think Stoll and Penner will get pay cuts. Some team will offer them the same money they have been making.
Stoll is rumour to love playing in la , has a brand new home and is willing to sign for cheaper to return As for penner i see him having to wait out the parise attempt to be signed If zach signs in la Penner is as good as gone ( only chance he stays is if gagne retires) If zach doesnt sign here Penner gets resigned for between 2.5 and 3. He loves cali and wants to stay playing for a winner.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:49 PM
  #44
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I'm not overly greedy, and if I were Quick, I would walk to free agency if 6.5 was on the table, unless it was something ridiculous, like a 20 year contract.
well that is you. I think quick isnt stupid enuff to think he would be as good outside of la defensive system. Imo hes a good goalie in a great situation good defence young core on a team that can contend for a long time. He move he risks loosing that. A jump from 1.8 to 6.5 is more then reasonable for a raise.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:50 PM
  #45
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
isn't lombardi after all the star players...always lol
Any GM would be a fool if they didn't try.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:51 PM
  #46
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Too bad the leafs already called dibs...

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:51 PM
  #47
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Stoll is rumour to love playing in la , has a brand new home and is willing to sign for cheaper to return As for penner i see him having to wait out the parise attempt to be signed If zach signs in la Penner is as good as gone ( only chance he stays is if gagne retires) If zach doesnt sign here Penner gets resigned for between 2.5 and 3. He loves cali and wants to stay playing for a winner.
Both guys love LA. But if LA is offering Stoll 2.5 per year and random team B comes up and offers him 3.5 or even 4 million, well...he wouldn't be the only player to live in LA over the summer. There's a home town discount, and there's being a fool. Penner has won a cup on 2 different teams...and the other was rebuilding. Someone will offer him 4 - 5 million as well. It is unfortunate, but free agents from cup winners (and finalists) almost always command a huge premium. Its the curse of being successful.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:54 PM
  #48
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
well that is you. I think quick isnt stupid enuff to think he would be as good outside of la defensive system. Imo hes a good goalie in a great situation good defence young core on a team that can contend for a long time. He move he risks loosing that. A jump from 1.8 to 6.5 is more then reasonable for a raise.
Unfortunately, NHL agents don't follow your logic. They point at comparable players. Like Lundqvist, Rinne, Bryzgalov and Cam Ward. Keeping in mind that Lundqvist and Ward were signed to thier deal years ago and the cap has exploded since.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:56 PM
  #49
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
The words Eklund and Confirms do not exist in the same sentence. Ever.
pretty much ahahha

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:00 PM
  #50
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Unfortunately, NHL agents don't follow your logic. They point at comparable players. Like Lundqvist, Rinne, Bryzgalov and Cam Ward. Keeping in mind that Lundqvist and Ward were signed to thier deal years ago and the cap has exploded since.
well dean has signed people to alot cheaper deals then others think. look at drew and jack johnson for example. Also as every seems to think goalies value arent as much as forwards so with that if kopi is making 6.8 i expect quick to make 6.5 ish

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.