HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

the 14th

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2004, 02:39 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
the 14th

of January is probably the drop dead date from the owners meetings

what are your opinions of the outcome.

1) boths sides stand firm , no meetings happen, season cancelled
2) owners bend a bit, they appear closer , they play 1/2 year , with the intention to complete deal before next year.

3) players cave in , from player pressure to Goodenow
4) both Bob and Gary ultimatley get axed if nothing gets done

Old
12-27-2004, 03:08 PM
HABitude

you forgot:
5) Seven millions of angry canadians from St-Johns NFD to Victoria B.C. will get a riot in the streets on jan 6th screaming: ' WE WANT HOCKEY! WE WANT HOCKEY!! ', so both parts will have to make an agreement (politicians will get involved in this negociation rush) and there will be an 1/2 season starting jan 14.

... I think I'm dreaming.

edit: and part of that dream: Habs will have an miserable season finishing 28th. They are gonna win the first choice draft lottery and will proudly select Sydney Crosby.

Old
12-27-2004, 03:36 PM
High flyin' Habs*

Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
you forgot:
5) Seven millions of angry canadians from St-Johns NFD to Victoria B.C. will get a riot in the streets on jan 6th screaming: ' WE WANT HOCKEY! WE WANT HOCKEY!! ', so both parts will have to make an agreement (politicians will get involved in this negociation rush) and there will be an 1/2 season starting jan 14.

edit: and part of that dream: Habs will have an miserable season finishing 28th. They are gonna win the first choice draft lottery and will proudly select Sydney Crosby.
:lol

Old
12-28-2004, 01:25 AM
Form and Substance

Quote:
you forgot:

then Crosby dashes ch fans' hopes and decides to pursue his dream of tent knitting and albatross watching in the alps, which consequently has been linked to the suicide of a diehard habs fan who posts on hfboards.

Old
12-28-2004, 10:01 AM
It Kills Me

Quote:
you forgot:
:lol anyone actualy want to organise something like taht? Too bad Canadians are peaceful, otherwise someone may have assisinated Bettman and Goodenow by now.

Old
12-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

The NHL season finally, mercifully ends, but hockey goes on.

Old
12-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Medicine Twin

You know what really pisses me off?! The fact that I can count how many times the NHL and NHLPA have talked over the past year on one hand!

Someone should lock Betteman and Goodenow in a room until they reach an agreement! Give them food and drink once in a while... and hope they're not in there a month!

Old
12-29-2004, 06:03 PM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
then Crosby dashes ch fans' hopes and decides to pursue his dream of tent knitting and albatross watching in the alps, which consequently has been linked to the suicide of a diehard habs fan who posts on hfboards.
So your saying Crosby is a friend of Rickey Williams?

Old
12-29-2004, 06:04 PM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
You know what really pisses me off?! The fact that I can count how many times the NHL and NHLPA have talked over the past year on one hand!

Someone should lock Betteman and Goodenow in a room until they reach an agreement! Give them food and drink once in a while... and hope they're not in there a month!
I agree with locking them in a room, I question the food and drink and I say we never let them out (even after a deal is reached).

Old
12-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Blackshad

I think there will be no season this year. Both side doent seem to want to reach an agreement.
Go watch some junior games.. its really good. The Q is well balanced this year.
off topic ... 1000 posts

Closed Thread