HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Ryan Tesink Trade

Old
02-15-2013, 12:02 AM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Ryan Tesink Trade

Copied from the SJ board ... This happened ...

Quote:
LEAGUE HEARING CALLED

Ryan Tesink deal with Boisbriand to be discussed

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February 14, 2013,

SAINT JOHN – The Saint John Sea Dogs announced today the team has been summoned to a hearing to discuss the deal that sent Ryan Tesink to the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada in exchange for the Sea Dogs’ own 2013 1st-round pick.

The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League is hosting the hearing in Montreal on Monday to discuss the case put forward by the Armada.

“We have always made the health and safety of our players a top priority,” says Sea Dogs President Wayne Long. “We will be reiterating our point on Monday, but ultimately this is a league matter.”

The Sea Dogs are back in action tonight against the Shawinigan Cataractes at 7 p.m. Tickets for the game are available at tickets.harbourstation.ca, by calling 657-1234 or by visiting the Harbour Station box office.
Interesting.

A) Do you think anything will come of this in your opinion?
B) What can be done at this point, if anything?

I don't believe there's anything that can be done now. The trade has happened and we're over a month past when the deal went down .. Ryan's first two games with the Armada were fine including being named 1st star in each ... His pre-existing knee problems, including surgery this past summer were common knowledge to any knowing GM ... So, it comes down to, the Armada did not do their homework; there is blame to be put on each teams medical staff; or he got injured while playing in Blainville, which is normal and not out of the ordinary ... We don't know it all, but it could be Ryan got injured on his own while playing in BLB, and the Armada believe that because he will not be available for much of this season anymore, they feel like there was tampering/something not told to them from SJ ... Sour grapes, or a legitimate complaint?

We will see how it plays out.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:41 AM
JohnnyB11

37 points in 35 games this season with the Sea Dogs. 2 games mssed to suspension, no time missed to injury. Traded to BLB, named first star of the first two games he plays with his new team, plays 6 in total. Now is sidelined with injury and BLB feels they're owed something.

You tell me. What a farce.

I would hope the league would have a short, stern talk with the GMs and dismiss the complaint. But then again, this is the Q investigating a dispute between a Quebec based team and Saint John so who knows...

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:52 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

sore losers. Nothing more.

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Arthur Broussard

As discussed early inthe BB Armada thread. The fans of the Armada were talking of this quite a while ago. It will be interesting to see the league's findings and what action will happen. It is curious that St. John released the statement. The Armada organization has been very quiet on this matter. No talk of any return of Tesink.
The rumours at CESR were that he arrived injured and played.
Being named first has not bearing on anything. It will be determintation of injury and how long and what was shared between teams. Mr. Courteau will make a just decision.

Arthur Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:12 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Broussard View Post
As discussed early inthe BB Armada thread. The fans of the Armada were talking of this quite a while ago. It will be interesting to see the league's findings and what action will happen. It is curious that St. John released the statement. The Armada organization has been very quiet on this matter. No talk of any return of Tesink.
The rumours at CESR were that he arrived injured and played.
Being named first has not bearing on anything. It will be determintation of injury and how long and what was shared between teams. Mr. Courteau will make a just decision.
If that is true, and he came to BLB injured, why in the world would BLB let him play?? That's idiotic of them, and if that were the case I'd love to hear how that could be spinned in their favour. It only makes sense that if a deal for a player is agreed upon, and upon examination he is deemed injured by the team he is dealt to, the deal would never happen. But then again, if I'm hoping to make a run and find one of my key pieces goes to the NHL and another I dealt for goes down with an injury, one option is to cry foul to anyone who will listen and hope I can get a pat on the head. the New Jersey Devils will laugh, but maybe Papa Courteau could do some consoling?

And one thing history shows is that, in dealing with Saint John, Mr Courteau has been anything but just.

But I'll reserve judgement until I hear what comes of this.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:13 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Broussard View Post
It is curious that St. John released the statement. The Armada organization has been very quiet on this matter. No talk of any return of Tesink.
Not curious at all. I would do the same - I'd want everyone to know that a hearing is taking place on this subject. The Sea Dogs need all the help they can get to have fair treatment in something like this. There is no denying that the relationship between the Commissioner and the Sea Dogs is strained, at best. At the same time, it does nothing for BLB to discuss this, they'd want to keep it as quiet as possible so as not to garner any criticism from other clubs or the public in general.

I wonder if TSN might pick this one up if they get the word... I'd love to see the reaction to it.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:15 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

If the league overturns it I can see the Sea Dogs appealing hard...

If they do overturn the trade look for SJ to Manipur the draft hard.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:02 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Even if it's determined SJ is at some kind of fault , I can't see how the league can fix things. Plus there must be an appeal process that SJ can follow up with. It's going to be an up hill battle for BLB if they're argument is that Tesink came injured. How can they prove he didn't re-injure himself in his games with the Armada ? Maybe they're getting cold feet about buying then losing a player like Matteau , probably not but you never know. Does anyone know the extent to his injury ? Timeline ?

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:00 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Even if it's determined SJ is at some kind of fault , I can't see how the league can fix things. Plus there must be an appeal process that SJ can follow up with. It's going to be an up hill battle for BLB if they're argument is that Tesink came injured. How can they prove he didn't re-injure himself in his games with the Armada ? Maybe they're getting cold feet about buying then losing a player like Matteau , probably not but you never know. Does anyone know the extent to his injury ? Timeline ?
this is what I'm left wondering ... would both pieces (the player and pick) be returned at this point in the season? Seems absurd like anything of that nature could happen ... With Courteau though ...

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:48 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

if you're good enough to play and dominate two games you're probably healthy enough to pass BLB's medical. If they didn't give him a medical then it's their own damn fault. Crying only because Matteau made the Devils

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Anything new on this?

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:22 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Nothing so far.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:09 AM
hfboardfanatic

Has this kid been cleared to practise, atleast?

hfboardfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:42 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

St.Louis dosn't seen to concerned as they signed him to a 3 year ELC.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:26 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I guess nothing is going on with the trade ?

Old
03-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I guess nothing is going on with the trade ?
What did you expect them to do about it?

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:29 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
What did you expect them to do about it?
Nothing.

Old
05-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Starscream

apparently there is suppose to be a decision on this tomorrow

http://stationnation.blogspot.ca/201...-tomorrow.html

Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:10 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Aparrently there will be no action against the SeaDogs.

Old
05-29-2013, 09:33 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Aparrently there will be no action against the SeaDogs.
We'll find out tomorrow when the league announced their decision. I doubt we'll see anything change. It's kind of hard to do at this point in time.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:12 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
We'll find out tomorrow when the league announced their decision. I doubt we'll see anything change. It's kind of hard to do at this point in time.
I agree.

Old
05-30-2013, 06:50 AM
ClemQ

this has to be the dumbest thing i've ever seen come out of the Q.....if they do anything, that will confirm this is an absolute bush league.
The player gets traded - He plays 6 games, and actually gets a 1st star in one of those games, gets injured - and returns to play in the playoffs. And BB has actually asked the league to get compensated because the player was injured!!!
I can't even believe the league looked at it this much, and feel they have to make a statement to announce what the result will be.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 07:41 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
this has to be the dumbest thing i've ever seen come out of the Q.....if they do anything, that will confirm this is an absolute bush league.
The player gets traded - He plays 6 games, and actually gets a 1st star in one of those games, gets injured - and returns to play in the playoffs. And BB has actually asked the league to get compensated because the player was injured!!!
I can't even believe the league looked at it this much, and feel they have to make a statement to announce what the result will be.
I agree with you about it being a fruitless effort from BB, however, the league has to look into it if there is a formal appeal no?

I think the leagues findings will be my deciding factor. If they were just waiting for the Mem Cup to be over, and find that its a baseless claim, then its all good with me. From the league's point of view there is no point in making a media blitz and taking away from the playoffs and Mem Cup about something as silly as this.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 08:40 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
I agree with you about it being a fruitless effort from BB, however, the league has to look into it if there is a formal appeal no?

I think the leagues findings will be my deciding factor. If they were just waiting for the Mem Cup to be over, and find that its a baseless claim, then its all good with me. From the league's point of view there is no point in making a media blitz and taking away from the playoffs and Mem Cup about something as silly as this.
your right...i guess i just dont understand hockey people like Bouchard and Houle even coming up with this. Baseless doesnt even begin to describe it in my opinion

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 10:58 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Anyone know when the announcement is supposed to be made ?