HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parenteau NOT Retained, Signed with Avs

Old
06-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Hip Of Rick

vCash: 50
Surprise surprise Snow craps the bed again by not moving PA at the deadline. Snow as usual proves he is an incompetent jackass. Snow only does on thing well and that is contracts with guys who have been here. He must have known PAP would not come back at the deadline and as usual Snow was stupid, incompetent, and inept. He is always asking for way too much for his players in deals thus he never makes one. He did it with Biron and other UFAs in the past that slip my mind right now. Im waiting for the Snow defenders to come in and say Wang prevented the deal because...

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Trots19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Surprise surprise Snow craps the bed again by not moving PA at the deadline. Snow as usual proves he is an incompetent jackass. Snow only does on thing well and that is contracts with guys who have been here. He must have known PAP would not come back at the deadline and as usual Snow was stupid, incompetent, and inept. He is always asking for way too much for his players in deals thus he never makes one. He did it with Biron and other UFAs in the past that slip my mind right now. Im waiting for the Snow defenders to come in and say Wang prevented the deal because...
what were the deals he passed up???

Trots19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:59 PM
stranger34

LOL

What school did Garth Snow get his MBA from again?

whoever it was should be ashamed.

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:02 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

I would go jones contract 4/16. I dont think thats so bad. Especially since the isles will be at the cap floor ( below it wwith on ice product). Gonna be ahrd to replace his almost 70 pts.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:05 PM
TheBigBadCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
LOL

What school did Garth Snow get his MBA from again?

whoever it was should be ashamed.
MBA = Master of BS Administration

TheBigBadCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Hip Of Rick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trots19 View Post

No matter what we should all agree deals were offered to Snow for PAP, we will probably never know who was offered. We do know (if this thread is right) we will lose a 1st line player for nothing. Snow is always looking to rob other teams and if he can't he would rather sit on his hands to make himself appear "stonger" in that its his offer or no offer to other GMs.

Wang did not stop this move , it would have saved Wang money this year! We may have been 6 points out but most people here agreed the 6 points was a huge mountain that this team was incapable of overcoming. We also had 3-4 teams separating us from 8 if I remember.

Snow is the worst GM in the league period

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Symon Asher

PA is not worth 20 mill over 4 years. Snow gambled last year and signed him to a 1 year 1.4 mill contract.
No way he scores 60 points without JT.
Unfortunatley the money saved will not be put to good use.
Next year we will get Rolston 2.0 to take his place.

Symon Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Isles4ever82

Quote:
You are so right, I could not have said it better. Snow is by far the worst GM in the league.

Last edited by Isles4ever82: 06-12-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Sheva7

Quote:
No matter what we should all agree deals were offered to Snow for PAP, we will probably never know who was offered. We do know (if this thread is right) we will lose a 1st line player for nothing. Snow is always looking to rob other teams and if he can't he would rather sit on his hands to make himself appear "stonger" in that its his offer or no offer to other GMs.

Wang did not stop this move , it would have saved Wang money this year! We may have been 6 points out but most people here agreed the 6 points was a huge mountain that this team was incapable of overcoming. We also had 3-4 teams separating us from 8 if I remember.

Snow is the worst GM in the league period
Ahhh give it up man. You're way off on this one dude.

PAP was a big part of that room. They were 6 points out. I know you thought they'd never make it, but you try explaining that to JT and co. who bust their ***** every night. They believed they could get there.

This is a young team that needs to believe in each other. And they need to know that their leadership group believes in them.
Trading away your 2nd highest scorer at a time like that doesn't exactly send that message. It sends the exact opposite of that.

What do you think JT would think about having his line mate traded when their only 6 Pts out?

This is a young group an they need to know that Snows got their back.
The hole will be filled from within. I can live with having one less prospect in the system.

Snow is doing fine. Good will come.

Sheva7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Isles4ever82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trots19 View Post
He sat on his A** and kept Biron knowing he was gone in the offseason. Last year Snow sat on his A** again teams were calling Snow about Konopka and that moron tried getting either a 1st or 2nd round pick for Konopka. Im a Konopka fan but I would have laughed at Snow if that was his price.

Snow, knowing he had no intention of keeping Konopka lets him walk for nothing when multiple teams were calling and asking about him but the moron snow wanted a high pick for Konopka, other teams obviously laughed at us and would not cave for Snows demands, so in turn Snow sits on his hands and lets him walk and get nothing in return.

Teams were calling about Martinek last year at the deadline, again Snow the idiot wanted way too much for Martinek so he sits on his a** and Martinek walks getting nothing in return when he clearly could have gotten something for him.

The PA move takes the cake, I called this earlier in the year when Snow decieded not to move him, I called it a huge mistake and blunder by Snow. Snow s*** the bed on this one. He gambled that PA would take a hometown discount or deceide to play longtern for this pitiful franchise.

There were also reports that at the deadline this year teams were interested in Reasoner(dont know why) but Snow would not move him. If this is not telling enough for the Snow lovers I dont know what is. If these reports were true and Snow passed on letting someone take Reasoner off our hands for next year he is even worse then I thought.

Those are just some of the players off the top of my head, Im sure I will find more examples.
Those are just the players off the top of my head that he had a chance to move and did not.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Hipietro

Yawn...

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Isles4ever82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheva7 View Post

I am sorry but this is the most absurd comment I have read around here in a long time.

Finishing in the lottery 5 straight years does not = "Snow is doing fine".

Letting guys walk without getting anything in return does not = "Snow is doing fine"

Being afraid and scared to ever make a trade does not = "Snow is doing fine"

His ineptitude to actually draft talent outside of Martin and Hamonic has been non existant.
He gets no credit for JT, NONE. Just about any moran could have figured that one out. I dont want to hear a peep out of anyone defending Snows drafts with crap like "he has filled our prospect pool with great talent". Talk to me when one of those guys developes into a major contributor to this team. Until then he gets no credit until those guys prove themselves at the NHL level. The rush job to the NHL of Bailey and Nino has been nothing short of inept. This does not = "Snow is doing fine".

Old
06-12-2012, 08:34 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Snow blows. Wang blows even more.

Old
06-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Isles Junkie

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT PARENTEAU, NOT GARTH SNOW'S TENURE AS GM. WANT TO DISCUSS SNOWS NYI GM CAREER? GO TO THE PROPER THREAD LINKED BELOW.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ire+garth+snow

Isles Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:47 PM
LeapOnOver

The most the Isles would have gotten for PA is a 3rd round pick. I would have passed on a 3rd round pick with even a remote chance of retaining a 60 pt + guy. The Isles had more of a "remote" chance at signing him. This is a silly conversation and to blame Snow is ridiculous...

There is no "poor asset management" it's just the way the cookie crumbles and sometimes you can't control what your employees do.

LeapOnOver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:49 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

I agree that it was worth the risk of losing PA. I am sick and tired of getting picks. Sick of it.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:30 PM
19 in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
The most the Isles would have gotten for PA is a 3rd round pick. I would have passed on a 3rd round pick with even a remote chance of retaining a 60 pt + guy. The Isles had more of a "remote" chance at signing him. This is a silly conversation and to blame Snow is ridiculous...

There is no "poor asset management" it's just the way the cookie crumbles and sometimes you can't control what your employees do.
THIS... I remember agreeing with comments that unless we got a high 2nd at the deadline, the risk was worth it and we weren't completely dead yet. I am not happy if he goes, but will not monday morning quarterback this one. A 3rd rounder would not have been worth it.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:32 PM
JKP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
It looks like it all came from Friedman. Honestly, I can't imagine how she could ever find that out with SBS. Pure speculation once again results in a media spasm.
First, Elliotte Friedman is a dude.

Second, he's got a whole bunch of GMs, agents and players in his BlackBerry contacts and is pretty dialled in - he's basically the Bob McKenzie of CBC HNIC

Thirdly, I'm glad Garth isn't interested in paying the "JT Premium" for PAP. Yes, he's a decent player. But I sincerely believe that JT makes the players around him a lot better, probably 20-25% better. I'm guessing PA wants the next contract to include that 20-25% premium.

I'd rather put someone else on JT's line that we don't have to pay that premium to and then have them perform 20-25% above expectation.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:02 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheva7 View Post
Ahhh give it up man. You're way off on this one dude.

PAP was a big part of that room. They were 6 points out. I know you thought they'd never make it, but you try explaining that to JT and co. who bust their ***** every night. They believed they could get there.

This is a young team that needs to believe in each other. And they need to know that their leadership group believes in them.
Trading away your 2nd highest scorer at a time like that doesn't exactly send that message. It sends the exact opposite of that.

What do you think JT would think about having his line mate traded when their only 6 Pts out?

This is a young group an they need to know that Snows got their back.
The hole will be filled from within. I can live with having one less prospect in the system.

Oh, you went there. Ok, let's go there all the way then:

What does JT and the boys say when the Islander organization uses fake bonuses, buyouts, and perpetual injury money to reach the cap floor instead of hiring real players to help them?

What does JT and co. say when the Islander organization is unwilling to spend what is necessary to bring in something, anything, to fix the worst defense in the NHL when even average players would improve everyone's stats, and by proxy, the team's overall shot at a playoffs?

What do JT and his bro's think when the Islander organization parades Ricky in and out of the lineup because he is someone's favorite player who shouldn't be playing to begin with?

What do the boys think when they get their nuts handed to them by every physical team in the league, humiliating them as men on the ice game after game, all because the organization doesn't like it's nerdlings sticking up for themselves or supporting them with actual MEN?

Oh, all of that is ok but moving one pending UFA for something to help for the future is going to send the wrong message? I'm stunned the guys in the room care so much for PA. I wonder how they will feel now that he has effectively told them he prefers a few more bucks over their company next season?

Last edited by A Pointed Stick: 06-12-2012 at 11:53 PM.
A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Trots19

i might be in the minority here, but I wouldnt mind if he is gone. here is why,
while he did have a great season pts wise, he is not a 1st line player and unfortunately if he stays he will stay on that line preventing someone who is more capable of taking that spot (wishful thinking that either KO steps up like I think he can or somene else).
If he was to play on the 2nd line i would love to keep him but I dont have confidence in Cappy to put him there. Too many times he would cough up the puck while JT was busting his butt to keep the puck down low.

It is pretty easy for us to sit here and say what the isles could have gotten or what was offered, and snow asked for too much or what the case might be, but the truth is, we will never know.

Trots19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:13 PM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post

What does JT and the boys say when the owner uses fake bonuses, buyouts, and perpetual injury money to reach the cap floor instead of hiring real players to help them?

What does JT and co. say when the owner is unwiling to spend what is necessary to bring in something, anything, to fix the worst defense in the NHL when even average players would improve everyone's stats, and by proxy, the team's overall shot at a playoffs?

What do JT and his bro's think when Wang parades Ricky in and out of the lineup because he is the owner's favorite player who shouldn't be playing to begin with?

What do the boys think when they get their nuts handed to them by every physical team in the league, humiliating them as men on the ice game after game, all because the owner is like a sun-deprived librarian and scolds and punishes them for protecting themselves, and hurries players off the team who actually dare stick up for their team mates succesfully?

Oh, all of that is ok but moving one pending UFA for something to help for the future is going to send the wrong message?

Really?
lol, when did he mention Wang? Every single thread we have to be reminded how cheap are owner is. We all get it.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:19 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
lol, when did he mention Wang? Every single thread we have to be reminded how cheap are owner is. We all get it.
We are talking about the message being sent, but hey, fair enough. I will do my best to amend it.

Last edited by A Pointed Stick: 06-12-2012 at 11:53 PM.
A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:54 PM
StumpNYI

Quote:
We are talking about the message being sent, but hey, fair enough. I will substitute Wang with "Isles Organization". That is still 100% truthful, and more appropriately includes his flying monkey enablers.

FYI - The last two I could do nothing about as they are what they are. Hey, I did my best. Don't get angry and trade me. We are only 10 days out of the draft! LOL!!!
I don't know the answers to any of your questions or can argue any of the facts in your post. And I don't know what message trading PAP would send. But, what I do know is the Isles core has signed very good deals to stay together. So the Locker room (the recipient of "the message") which he was talking about may not be as hostile and negative as you made it seem and they may be an important part in the teams decision process. They don't sound like disgruntled employees too me and possibly thought it was best to keep him around. So I can see why he went there.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:39 AM
periferal

I'm no Snow apologist, but if you're going to crap on him for not trading Parenteau (of all people) before the deadline, then you need to show up at Lou Lamorillo's house and set him on fire for not doing the same with Parise...

Seems to me that the people bashing Snow now for not resigning/trading Parenteau are the same ones who were killing Snow for signing that "4th line/AHL castoff" in the first place.

People who try to have it both ways are the ones you can never please.

You want to have a gripe with Snow, then your gripe should be leaving Nino on the roster last season. In terms of PAP you've got nothing to say unless you refuse to be happy with anything Snow does.

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Sheva7

Quote:

What does JT and the boys say when the Islander organization uses fake bonuses, buyouts, and perpetual injury money to reach the cap floor instead of hiring real players to help them?

What does JT and co. say when the Islander organization is unwilling to spend what is necessary to bring in something, anything, to fix the worst defense in the NHL when even average players would improve everyone's stats, and by proxy, the team's overall shot at a playoffs?

What do JT and his bro's think when the Islander organization parades Ricky in and out of the lineup because he is someone's favorite player who shouldn't be playing to begin with?

What do the boys think when they get their nuts handed to them by every physical team in the league, humiliating them as men on the ice game after game, all because the organization doesn't like it's nerdlings sticking up for themselves or supporting them with actual MEN?

Oh, all of that is ok but moving one pending UFA for something to help for the future is going to send the wrong message? I'm stunned the guys in the room care so much for PA. I wonder how they will feel now that he has effectively told them he prefers a few more bucks over their company next season?
All good points. But, those are ownership issues. Fake bonuses, injury money, unwillingness to spend, Dipietro etc etc etc all boil down to politics and ownership.

Obviously, it's still tough to ignore for the players. But what matters most for JT and the boys is what goes on in the locker room. What's going on with his team mates. The guys he goes to battle with.

Hearing that their buddy PAP (who at times was their 2nd best player) got traded for a 2nd round pick when the team is 6 pts out of a playoff spot would not go over well.

I get what your saying....all that stuff you mentioned is terrible and it's all true, but, it's different.

Taking away a key cog from a team when theyre so close to achieving a goal will be recieved as even worse than all that stuff you mentioned. The guys worked hard last year and to throw playoff hopes away 3/4 through the season for a 2nd round pick would not be recieved well by the guys on the team.

Try to sign him to a fair deal in the off season. If he decides to walk? Let him.

Last edited by Sheva7: 06-13-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Sheva7 is offline   Reply With Quote