HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Burke on George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight

Old
06-12-2012, 10:02 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
Brian Burke on George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight

Brian Burke on with George Stroumboulopoulos in a few minutes on CBC. I just found out, but I'm assuming this will be a new interview.

Show is suppose to start at 11:05

Don Cherry as well.

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

hopefully he says something interesting, not the usual "herp derp truculence herp derp"

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:07 PM
ecotone

looks like the same interview from few months ago

ecotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

WHY IS BURKE WASTING SO MUCH VALUABLE TIME WITH THE MEDIA?! IT IS SUCH A WASTE OF TIME! HE SHOULD BE WITH THE PROSPECTS OR WITH THE NHL DRAFT!?

06-12-2012, 10:15 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotone View Post
looks like the same interview from few months ago
Yeah pretty much except it's supposed to be the "extended interview"

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Sens Mile

Cherry is such a tool, god what I would be able to do with a couple minutes and Graduate level peer review statistics on Canadian crime

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:25 PM
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider

Here's the interview from February on PPP.

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...lopoulos-its-a

L Corncrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:27 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
WHY IS BURKE WASTING SO MUCH VALUABLE TIME WITH THE MEDIA?! IT IS SUCH A WASTE OF TIME! HE SHOULD BE WITH THE PROSPECTS OR WITH THE NHL DRAFT!?
You're breaking rules by posting in all caps..

DirtyDion03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

can anyone post a link or message me a link so i can watch it?

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:47 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Yeah, Burke has opened his mouth about his intentions in the past, and that's something he should probably curb in the future, but I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with him doing interviews, making public appearances, etc.

He's a great manager, and a great face for this organization. He's an ethical individual, and he has a solid vision for the future of this club, whether or not the nay-sayers see it. Some of the brightest minds in the hockey world praise his methods, and praise his work. They've talked of how devoid of talent and promise this franchise was upon his arrival, and how we're on track to getting back where we need to be.

I find it hilarious; some of the people on this board.

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 03:16 AM
DeathToAllButMetal
Let it all burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Yeah, Burke has opened his mouth about his intentions in the past, and that's something he should probably curb in the future, but I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with him doing interviews, making public appearances, etc.

He's a great manager, and a great face for this organization. He's an ethical individual, and he has a solid vision for the future of this club, whether or not the nay-sayers see it. Some of the brightest minds in the hockey world praise his methods, and praise his work. They've talked of how devoid of talent and promise this franchise was upon his arrival, and how we're on track to getting back where we need to be.

I find it hilarious; some of the people on this board.
What's hilarious is how you can spout off about great management and vision while somehow ignoring that Burke's teams have finished 26th overall, 22nd overall, 29th overall, and 24th overall.

DeathToAllButMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 04:32 AM
Aplayaz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
can anyone post a link or message me a link so i can watch it?
http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/guest-page/brian-burke-1.html

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:18 AM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathToAllButMetal View Post
What's hilarious is how you can spout off about great management and vision while somehow ignoring that Burke's teams have finished 26th overall, 22nd overall, 29th overall, and 24th overall.
Yeah well the Nordiques have finished.....true......

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:27 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Annnnnd... Who coached those gong-show squads? Who was the roster he had to work with?

You do understand that you cant fix a disaster over night.... Right? I mean, you wouldn't look at an empty lot, or worse, a run-down house, and say to yourself "i'll be moved in about a week... ".... Right? Unless you follow it up with "derrrp".

I agree, that it hasn't turned around fast, but his only mistake in this "rebuild" was feeding meladramatic fans the idea that it wasn't going to be 5 years. Any rational fan could look at the roster and the farm system he walked into, and know he was going to fall short on that claim.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:08 AM
feeel10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Annnnnd... Who coached those gong-show squads? Who was the roster he had to work with?

You do understand that you cant fix a disaster over night.... Right? I mean, you wouldn't look at an empty lot, or worse, a run-down house, and say to yourself "i'll be moved in about a week... ".... Right? Unless you follow it up with "derrrp".

I agree, that it hasn't turned around fast, but his only mistake in this "rebuild" was feeding meladramatic fans the idea that it wasn't going to be 5 years. Any rational fan could look at the roster and the farm system he walked into, and know he was going to fall short on that claim.
that is a good point that many of us fail to realize. I truly agree with you, Burke failed his fans by ''believing'' the leafs would make the playoffs and nothing happened. But look at the left-overs he got from JFJ when he signed here. Lets not lie, our organization was laughable, and our best players : kaberle, ponikarvski, kubina and maybe stajan, look where they are now. The marlies were a bunch of veterans and weak prospects who couldnt make the playoffs. Theres not many GM who can walk into a disaster like that and build a strong depth at almost every position like we have. Look at the habs, Pierre gauthier gets fired, some guy, marc bergevin, comes in with a 3rd overall pick, subban, price,diaz, emelin, a young club and many promising prospects.

still, if BB cant do anything at the draft table than draft another defenseman, hes the worst gm in the league. (sarcasm)

feeel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Johnny Bang Bang

Quote:
What's hilarious is your misinformed ignorance! Did you even see the mess that Burke inherited not only on the Leafs, but in their ENTIRE prospect system?

Please, do a little research before posting anymore drivel.

Johnny Bang Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Prophet Kadri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bang Bang View Post
What's hilarious is your misinformed ignorance! Did you even see the mess that Burke inherited not only on the Leafs, but in their ENTIRE prospect system?

If Burke kept his mouth shut and not spouting off that we wouldn't need five years to be a good team he wouldn't have this problem.

Problem is Burke has never been able to do that, I can't wait to see him say we need to be more truculent this off season again and watch him put a soft team on the ice again.

What exactly has Brian done that deserves such high praise from some leaf fans? He's improved our farm team moderately over the last 5 years despite being in a bottom 10 position each year. We've also stagnated into somehow ending up in a worse position in the standings then when he first arrived. He's barely improved anything.

Prophet Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:54 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Since the end of the season, Burke has been extremely quiet, by anyone's standards.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Talking is a bad thing. Why?

I think people read into and dissect every single word he says.
Would you prefer this, or Pierre Gauthier's MO.

I know, since many people here said, how come we haven't heard
from him?

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
If Burke kept his mouth shut and not spouting off that we wouldn't need five years to be a good team he wouldn't have this problem.

Problem is Burke has never been able to do that, I can't wait to see him say we need to be more truculent this off season again and watch him put a soft team on the ice again.

What exactly has Brian done that deserves such high praise from some leaf fans? He's improved our farm team moderately over the last 5 years despite being in a bottom 10 position each year. We've also stagnated into somehow ending up in a worse position in the standings then when he first arrived. He's barely improved anything.
Nothing to do, with how much or little he speaks.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Prophet Kadri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
Talking is a bad thing. Why?

I think people read into and dissect every single word he says.
Would you prefer this, or Pierre Gauthier's MO.

I know, since many people here said, how come we haven't heard
from him?
I would prefer a lou lamoriello, or Dean Lombardi approach. Burke can talk the talk but he should walk the walk to back it up. He hasn't been able to do that since he was hired.

Quote:
Nothing to do, with how much or little he speaks.
I disagree, his talking has done little to help him. It mostly bit him in the ass so he's shut up for now.

Prophet Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Johnny Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post

Nobody is saying that Burke is a "God" and "can do no wrong!" Has it even occured to you that maybe Ron ********** Wilson was the problem to start with? Let's be honest, Wilson is a crappy coach! And to say that Burke has "moderately" improved the Leafs' prospects is a joke. Go look at what the Leafs had in the cupboards in 2008... Tlusty (3rd) and Pogge (4th and best G prospect) were among the Leafs' TOP 5 PROSPECTS! (only behind Schenn and Kulemin!) Today, BECAUSE OF BURKE, (according to Hockey's Future) the Leafs crop of prospects rank 8th in the league!

Furthermore, I don't believe that there is a GM in the world that could have instantly fixed the mess that Burke had to deal with. Burke is slowly but surely building a solid foundation, let him continue!

Johnny Bang Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Nobody is saying that Burke is a "God" and "can do no wrong!" Has it even occured to you that maybe Ron ********** Wilson was the problem to start with? Let's be honest, Wilson is a crappy coach! And to say that Burke has "moderately" improved the Leafs' prospects is a joke. Go look at what the Leafs had in the cupboards in 2008... Tlusty (3rd) and Pogge (4th and best G prospect) were among the Leafs' TOP 5 PROSPECTS! (only behind Schenn and Kulemin!) Today, BECAUSE OF BURKE, (according to Hockey's Future) the Leafs crop of prospects rank 8th in the league!

Furthermore, I don't believe that there is a GM in the world that could have instantly fixed the mess that Burke had to deal with. Burke is slowly but surely building a solid foundation, let him continue!
To add to this, I don't think it's entirely fair to say Burke has been given three and a half years to turn things around. The first year or two of his time here was spent unburdening the wreckage of the former regime as much as it was adding pieces for the future (and stop-gap solutions for the time being). If you expected the guy to re-build this franchise from the ground up in a matter of a couple of years, you can only blame yourself for your disappointment.

Kyle Doobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 02:22 PM
CellarDweller0

Quote:

Clearly he thought that when the Leafs acquired Brian Burke it meant he was going to lace them up and win games himself.

CellarDweller0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:55 PM
mcleex

Wait .. so this is an interview from a few months ago?

Why the **** would they show this, talking about RW extension and **** smh

mcleex is offline   Reply With Quote