HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2012, 01:32 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Anyone can make them. I think because we won the Cup, we may have gotten lazy
Done. Haven't slept last night so if I made any errors, my bad. Most of it was copy paste from Hammond but whatevskis. These kids deserve their own threads, especially Prokhorkin.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
(not sure why the draft discussion is relegated to this thread...)
I think an interesting minor side note is that the LaDue pick must indicate that the Kings staff likes the way North Dakota is developing Forbort.
Right, I'd prefer a Draft thread.
But..

It looks like they got some quality players with their picks. Some that need more cooking time and others that can compete for roster spots in Manchester next season. I think they did a good job.

I'd like to read Tonellisghost's opinion.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:40 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Some interesting notes from Hammond.

Quote:
The Kings are still open to bringing back Dustin Penner, but Lombardi said Penner will require some type of wrist surgery this summer and that Lombardi and Darryl Sutter will discuss Penner at some point soon.

– Lombardi said it has not yet been determined who will replace Jamie Kompon on the coaching staff, but said he wanted Sutter to make his own choices in terms of building a staff.

– The Kings gave permission to the Philadelphia Flyers organization to hire Terry Murray, who is expected to be the head coach of the AHL affiliate. Lombardi said Murray would get a Stanley Cup ring from the Kings.
It'll be nice to know that playing the Phantoms next year will pad Jones/Zatty/Berube's stats

Old
06-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Interesting about Penner. Needs wrist surgery.

Seriously I hope we bring the guy back. He's been through such hell. Divorce, injuries, a pain-staking, confidence knocking season and a half....

I just think he should be rewarded for picking himself up in the playoffs and doing what the staff asked of him.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:52 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Interesting about Penner. Needs wrist surgery.

Seriously I hope we bring the guy back. He's been through such hell. Divorce, injuries, a pain-staking, confidence knocking season and a half....

I just think he should be rewarded for picking himself up in the playoffs and doing what the staff asked of him.
I may just be sleep deprived, or just wrong, but to me it seems like the Kings aren't really LEANING that way. Not saying they're leaning the other way but the Kings locked up Stoll and Fraser already. They were already negotiating with them before. They haven't even talked Penner yet? That has to show you the priority he has to this team, no? In the end I think it will come down to the confidence in Gagne/King and what SUTTER wants. If Sutter wants him back, and by want I mean actually want, not just be content with him, then I think he'll be back. But a lot of people sort of have been assuming/thinking he will be back and that quote makes me feel like right now his future really is up in the air.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:53 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Flyers and Kings should just enter an affiliate agreement.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Yes but you never know who would have played instead of King if King would have chosen a different sport 15 years ago. Though I'm not going to bash King. Just want to point out that we can discuss this to death. Everyone contributed in some way, but I think the Kings would still have won the SC if King would not have played. I do think it would have been difficult if we didnt have Quick, Doughty, Kopitar etc. So yes I'm serious about this. Why is this difficult for some ? Should we really pimp every 3rd/4th liner like he was playing like Gretzky ? C'mon for Christ sakes.

It's not pimping 3rd/4th liners like Gretzky. It's called credit where credit is due.

I am not saying anything about Nolan, I think he played admirable but in a sense, WITH HIM, you are correct. He could have been replaced by another journeyman 4th liner and we probably would have won the cup.

But King....he scored some big goals. His line had a mess of chemistry. AND HE'S ****ING 22.

I mean, that is huge. To have a ROOKIE, come in and play the way he did....you don't expect that. It's not "pimping him out like Gretzky" which I think is such an over-exaggeration to what people arguing with you are doing.

It's being real about it. There might not have been a 3rd liner in the playoffs who did as well as he did.

He was 19th overall in post-season goals, tied with the likes of Gaborik and Elias and Adam Henrique in a comparable amount of games played. People are acting like Henrique is the next big deal, and that he was integral, and he had the same amount of goals as King. So why can't we act like King was a big part of the run, and couldn't really be replaced without you saying we are pimping someone out like Gretzky?

Old
06-23-2012, 02:05 PM
bernmeister

Hey, Kings fans! Congrats again from bernmeister.
Grateful Rangers don't have to look at Devils with SC.

I gather this is your 'all trades here' thread. If not, please re-post.

I think we both did well at the draft today.

Rangers need help at LW and RD.
You got Pearson, who fits bill and could be NHL ready sooner than later.
Also got Alec Martinez, who can help out from point, though he's a lefty, and we're stocked there.

Please feel free to advise what your needs are, and what possible swap could be brokered with Pearson + maybe Martinez + X to Rangers for ___________ (suggest fill in blank).

Thanks,
Regards,
Bernmeister

Old
06-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
It's not pimping 3rd/4th liners like Gretzky. It's called credit where credit is due.

I am not saying anything about Nolan, I think he played admirable but in a sense, WITH HIM, you are correct. He could have been replaced by another journeyman 4th liner and we probably would have won the cup.

But King....he scored some big goals. His line had a mess of chemistry. AND HE'S ****ING 22.

I mean, that is huge. To have a ROOKIE, come in and play the way he did....you don't expect that. It's not "pimping him out like Gretzky" which I think is such an over-exaggeration to what people arguing with you are doing.

It's being real about it. There might not have been a 3rd liner in the playoffs who did as well as he did.

He was 19th overall in post-season goals, tied with the likes of Gaborik and Elias and Adam Henrique in a comparable amount of games played. People are acting like Henrique is the next big deal, and that he was integral, and he had the same amount of goals as King. So why can't we act like King was a big part of the run, and couldn't really be replaced without you saying we are pimping someone out like Gretzky?

Yes fair enough, I exaggarated a bit. It just seems like every player on the Kings roster was irreplaceable. I do like King too but we still have to see if he isnt another Chris Kontos or Pisani.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Yes fair enough, I do like King too but we still have to see if he isnt another Chris Kontos or Pisani.
You're right, unfortunately there is always that fear.

He is still young and may go nowhere. Let's hope not.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:08 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Hey, Kings fans! Congrats again from bernmeister.
Grateful Rangers don't have to look at Devils with SC.

I gather this is your 'all trades here' thread. If not, please re-post.

I think we both did well at the draft today.

Rangers need help at LW and RD.
You got Pearson, who fits bill and could be NHL ready sooner than later.
Also got Alec Martinez, who can help out from point, though he's a lefty, and we're stocked there.

Please feel free to advise what your needs are, and what possible swap could be brokered with Pearson + maybe Martinez + X to Rangers for ___________ (suggest fill in blank).

Thanks,
Regards,
Bernmeister
Highly, highly doubt the Kings trade their latest first round pick, especially this close after the draft. Honestly, not trying to be rude, but not worth even discussing. If Dean/Mike Futa weren't high on Tanner, he wouldn't have been drafted. As for AMart, we have tons and tons of puck movers in the system. The problem is right now we really have a full roster going forward. Biggest hole would probably be a 3rd line RWer to push Trevor Lewis down to the 4th line. Not sure who you have that'd fit that role though.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:31 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

It's interesting that this draft class is considered weak, and most of DL's picks were passovers from previous draft classes

Old
06-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

In my opinion, for the picks we had, we did pretty damn well! Fantastic draft!

Old
06-23-2012, 03:09 PM
losingsand

I think an indication that this draft was weak was due to the lack of movement within the draft... there were hardly any "i need this guy" kinda guys where teams were trading up. There were mostly teams trading DOWN it seems.

Still like the picks the kings made.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:13 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingsand View Post
I think an indication that this draft was weak was due to the lack of movement within the draft... there were hardly any "i need this guy" kinda guys where teams were trading up. There were mostly teams trading DOWN it seems.

Still like the picks the kings made.
UMMMM, you realize you can't have one without the other right....

Old
06-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Richie10

It's unbelievable that we win the Cup for the first time in 45 years with a team that had contributions from literally every player and people can't wait to tear it apart. Give your heads a shake. King isn't going anywhere. Nolan isn't going anywhere. The organization just made a three year commitment to Stoll, who was all but gone earlier this season. This is the team we're going to have for a while.

I know everyone is used to an exciting offseason where we speculate about all the potential roster moves, but give your heads a shake. We just won a Cup. Enjoy our boring offseason for a change.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:42 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
It's unbelievable that we win the Cup for the first time in 45 years with a team that had contributions from literally every player and people can't wait to tear it apart. Give your heads a shake. King isn't going anywhere. Nolan isn't going anywhere. The organization just made a three year commitment to Stoll, who was all but gone earlier this season. This is the team we're going to have for a while.

I know everyone is used to an exciting offseason where we speculate about all the potential roster moves, but give your heads a shake. We just won a Cup. Enjoy our boring offseason for a change.
I agree 100% with this but do you not want the team to get better? To win more? I know we have to keep the team intact but want them to stay competitive forever, teams around us are only getting better, we can't just sit back and not make any moves. Re-signing Stoll and Fraser is key but we still have a hole at LW (we all know Gagné won't last a full season - we also all know how much Dwight King looked out of place on the 2nd line too)

Old
06-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
we also all know how much Dwight King looked out of place on the 2nd line too)
Where did you get this idea from? In the push for the playoffs, King and to a lesser extent, Carter were carrying the 2nd line. He only got demoted to the 3rd line in the playoffs because Penner was playing too good not to give more icetime to

Old
06-23-2012, 03:53 PM
cubsfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I agree 100% with this but do you not want the team to get better? To win more? I know we have to keep the team intact but want them to stay competitive forever, teams around us are only getting better, we can't just sit back and not make any moves. Re-signing Stoll and Fraser is key but we still have a hole at LW (we all know Gagné won't last a full season - we also all know how much Dwight King looked out of place on the 2nd line too)
We don't want to get TOO much better this off-season, cause then we might have home ice disadvantage through the playoffs.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:57 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post

You'd think that after watching and witnessing a Kings Stanley Cup that HF posters would learn and understand this...

That, and everyone's delusional of grandeur: Fantasy team baby!

Old
06-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Philly traded JVR for Luke Schenn. Like it for Philly.

Old
06-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Shellz

Love it for Toronto.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Shellz

I wonder if they're going to flip jvr for lu

Old
06-23-2012, 04:01 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Philly traded JVR for Luke Schenn. Like it for Philly.
Opposite for me.

Old
06-23-2012, 04:05 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

It seems like a good deal for both sides, fills needs. Or is Schenn really that bad?

On another note, 2 years ago who would've thought the Schenn brothers would be together in PHILLY?

Closed Thread