HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Guys who will not play for the Wild next season

Old
06-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Dr Jan Itor

vCash: 500
I've got Larsson making it. 3rd line LW with Brodziak and Clutterbuck/Johnson.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Dampland
YEO must GO

vCash: 50
I think MATT CULLEN will be traded before the season starts. and I am 100% behind that.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
^I'd be surprised if it happened but it's a possibility.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
I really hope this upcoming infusion of rookies will finally make our team relevant again. At the very least, Granlund will hopefully dazzle some people, and Bulmer will frustrate the hell out of opposing fans.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
The problem with Larsson making the team is the lack of room. There's 3 open spots in the top 9 with Granlund, Bouchard, Lats, and any free agent signing getting first crack at them. Even if either Butch or Lats isn't back, Larsson would still have to beat out Bulmer for that slot, and Bulmer basically earned it last year.
Except Bulmer didn't have as much competition, and he was out of his element after a while. The AHL will clearly do him a lot of good.

Larsson has been playing tougher competition for a while now, and can fit seemlessly in the bottom 6 and can move into the top 6 in case of injury and still have success. He's got a much wider range as a player from day one. Especially since he can play both Center and Wing if need be when the time comes.

TaLoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
I think MATT CULLEN will be traded before the season starts. and I am 100% behind that.
Depends on whether Granlund plays wing, Larsson is ready for 3rd line center duties, injuries, etc.

That's quite a few factors.

Old
06-13-2012, 08:32 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Except Bulmer didn't have as much competition, and he was out of his element after a while. The AHL will clearly do him a lot of good.

Larsson has been playing tougher competition for a while now, and can fit seemlessly in the bottom 6 and can move into the top 6 in case of injury and still have success. He's got a much wider range as a player from day one. Especially since he can play both Center and Wing if need be when the time comes.
But he won't play on the fourth line so there's still no room for him unless something opens up.

Also, he has a lot to learn playing in North America. He also has a good opportunity to develop more of his offensive game if he plays in Houston. I know he played some center last year, but IIRC, he didn't the year before, and there's huge differences in center from European leagues to North American ones so it's likely good for his development to start in Houston unless he absolutely blows the competition away. I don't see that happening.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Avder
Is only game.

Quote:
I am 100% behind this decision.

I really want to like the guy... cause I mean he comes out so strong to start every season, like he's dedicated his whole summer to learning how to kick ass and take names... but then December hits and he's like...I don't know if his conditioning is only good enough for two months or what, but he just checks out and then does a whole lot of nothing the rest of the year.

Avder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:10 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Cullen couldn't be traded last season BECAUSE HE HAS A NTC. This hasn't changed. The story on him hasn't changed. Matt Cullen will not be traded unless he wants to be traded. He seems to have absolutely no desire to leave, so it's safe to say he will not be gone.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:12 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
No he won't. Cullen has a NTC.

EDIT: squidz beat me to it.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:17 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
But he won't play on the fourth line so there's still no room for him unless something opens up.

Also, he has a lot to learn playing in North America. He also has a good opportunity to develop more of his offensive game if he plays in Houston. I know he played some center last year, but IIRC, he didn't the year before, and there's huge differences in center from European leagues to North American ones so it's likely good for his development to start in Houston unless he absolutely blows the competition away. I don't see that happening.
I disagree, Larsson is one of the few guys who I don't think it would harm his development if he played on the 4th line if need be.

Old
06-13-2012, 09:43 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Yeah, but how will he fit into the Sharks' roster?

I could see Fletch doing something interesting this summer again.

NHL1674 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Dampland
YEO must GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
No he won't. Cullen has a NTC.

EDIT: squidz beat me to it.
I know he has a NMC but Cullen can ok a move. And if the Wild tell him, "hey you are being replaced by a kid, so prepare to make popcorn all season" he could very well opt to be traded.

Plus he is nearly done with his career, and we are still a few years away from big success, so he might even request a change, to get final chance at the cup.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Highly doubtful.

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Would I like to see Cullen traded? Yes.

Will he get traded? No.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

Everybody hatin' on the water bug.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:04 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Everybody hatin' on the water bug.
Where does Richard Park fit into this discussion? Dude was the original water bug.

Old
06-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Dee Oh Cee

In regards to the thread title: Paul Deutsch.

(hope no one made this joke already)

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:05 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
In regards to the thread title: Paul Deutsch.

(hope no one made this joke already)
Yeah, but he was undefeated!

Old
06-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
The problem with Larsson making the team is the lack of room. There's 3 open spots in the top 9 with Granlund, Bouchard, Lats, and any free agent signing getting first crack at them. Even if either Butch or Lats isn't back, Larsson would still have to beat out Bulmer for that slot, and Bulmer basically earned it last year.
I think one of the reasons why Bulmer made the team was the lack of competition. I also believe that how he handled himself up here and what he did when he returned to junior shows that he is still capable of progressing in a big way. The AHL could still provide a major stepping stone for that development.

Same with Larsson but for different reasons. Being on the fourth line probably wouldn't hurt his development but it wont help it as much playing top minutes in the AHL, learning the North American game and continuing to work on his offense. I certainly don't see him in the A for long though.

I do believe that the third line spot is fully up for grabs (as the roster stands today) between Bulmer, Larsson, Coyle, and Zucker. Now I think the wild will want Coyle to play in every situation humanly possible. This probably makes him the long shot just because the wild will want to groom him for top line duty. Zucker looked good when he was up here (clearly could benefit from some time in the A) but I don't think that is any different from Bulmer unless they feel that Bulmer's ultimate ceiling is a 3rd liner. Larsson has played against men for over a year now but will have to adapt to a different style of play. If he adapts quickly i could see him coming out of camp as the clear front runner for that spot. If he doesn't than he should be given the time necessary to adjust in Houston.

Should be an interesting camp!!!

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Jagged Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Would I like to see Cullen traded? Yes.

Will he get traded? No.
But he's one of us!

Jagged Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:37 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged Ice View Post
But he's one of us!
He has no place on this team anymore. Granlund will be our 2nd line center, Brodziak is our 3rd line center, and there's a good chance that Larsson will be our 3rd line LW. Cullen is old and inconsistent.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:44 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

If injuries were to happen, we'd be happy he's here. He provides depth if nothing else.

Old
06-14-2012, 09:18 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Hopefully..... Prosser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
He has no place on this team anymore. Granlund will be our 2nd line center, Brodziak is our 3rd line center, and there's a good chance that Larsson will be our 3rd line LW. Cullen is old and inconsistent.
Even if Granlund starts at center (which I doubt), Cullen still fills a role on this team. I even think he's a much better fit at wing anyway but that's besides the point. The guy plays in all situations and is versatile. I'm not the biggest fan but he is what he is. He's an asset on the PK and is one of the few on the team that can QB a powerplay adequately. I certainly wouldn't be looking to move him right now.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Bulmer had no competition last year. This year there is a ton. Larsson is a much better player and prospect with a higher ceiling. Not to mention he's played pro hockey for a couple years now.

Bulmer should be a top six guy in the AHL while Larsson will likely be on the third line or in Sweden.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote