HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ-PHI (Rick Nash rumors and proposed deals; update: traded to NYR, July 23)

Old
06-21-2012, 01:36 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Yes in my mind he didn't TRUST his GM (he meddled)...whether he should have or shouldn't is up for debate. In your mind you believe he doesn't hold veto power..that's fine but Snider is not exactly the type of owner who doesn't get involved. It's his team in a lot of ways. I don't buy that he lets his GM totally do what he wants..dude has control issues but I can't prove it however last year it just seemed to me he didn't trust his GM and maybe he shouldn't have....
He is, and has been way more involved in this team over the years than people are led to believe.

35NW8ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
Yeah but if that's the case and you sign based on what you are told, not based on history - why have the NMC?

To be fair, it happens to all teams - many teams have a great year (or good) then a few bad ones. It's rarer to find a team that is consistently great year after year. Does that mean you should lock yourself in forever? Then get all super particular about which few select teams you will go to?
In there 11 year history, they had one ok year.. And that year they were bounced out of the playoffs in 4 games..

Would you honestly stay there after getting told the team will get better but it just gets worse? Then your GM ****s around and trades good assets for a player who is traded a few months later?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:39 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
In there 11 year history, they had one ok year.. And that year they were bounced out of the playoffs in 4 games..

Would you honestly stay there after getting told the team will get better but it just gets worse? Then your GM ****s around and trades good assets for a player who is traded a few months later?
I mean I get what you are saying but come on now, nothing in life is definite, so having a NMC on your contract kind of puts you in a position to be your own worst enemy if things fall apart.

They did.

Guy makes 7+ mil a year to PLAY PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY. A job most people can only dream of and actually get paid that much too. At the end of the day, this "short list" of his is greedy and self-serving.

At this point, you can't get much worse than Columbus nor can you really know for certain which teams are going to be SCF contendors in the next few years. So what's the point?

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Prongo
Beer

https://twitter.com/D_LEED/status/215876385028321280

Quote:
I’m hearing some serious Rick Nash chatter this afternoon regarding the Flyers.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Krishna

Quote:
I mean I get what you are saying but come on now, nothing in life is definite, so having a NMC on your contract kind of puts you in a position to be your own worst enemy if things fall apart.

They did.

Guy makes 7+ mil a year to PLAY PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY. A job most people can only dream of and actually get paid that much too. At the end of the day, this "short list" of his is greedy and self-serving.

At this point, you can't get much worse than Columbus nor can you really know for certain which teams are going to be SCF contendors in the next few years. So what's the point?
You make it seem like playing hockey is as safe as an office job. It isn't. The players can get injuries that screw them over later in life. Look at primeau, still suffering from PCS.

And it's hard to say that it all fell apart in columbus, because it was never really together other than that one year where they made it to the playoffs and were swept.

The team sucks and constantly picks in the top 10 of the draft.. Yet, never seem to be able to do anything with those picks. If I was nash and we were sucking that hard for so long, I too would want out

Old
06-21-2012, 01:45 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Chatter? Does Leed work for NSA or DHS? I heard Nash is the new number 2 of Al Qaeda

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:45 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
You make it seem like playing hockey is as safe as an office job. It isn't. The players can get injuries that screw them over later in life. Look at primeau, still suffering from PCS.

And it's hard to say that it all fell apart in columbus, because it was never really together other than that one year where they made it to the playoffs and were swept.

The team sucks and constantly picks in the top 10 of the draft.. Yet, never seem to be able to do anything with those picks. If I was nash and we were sucking that hard for so long, I too would want out
I think you are missing my point. I have no problem with him wanting out of Columbus. My problem is with him having this short list of teams (as though he can honestly guess the future with any of them) - requiring the GM to have to work out things with one of these few teams, and get a decent return.

It's holding up progress with the rest of the NHL.

If he even had like 15 teams on his list that would be one thing but a handful makes this impossible.

It's like Lebron and the decision except that Nash couldn't single-handedly carry his town's team - he's not that high a caliber of player.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:50 PM
bennysflyers16

Only way I want nash is if the 2nd overall comes with him and Couts and Roo remain Flyers !

JVR
Read
Bob
Mezz
2012 1st
2013 1st

Nash, 2nd Overall

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Is he legit?

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Is he legit?
As far as I know yes.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:59 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Is he legit?
He works for a legit hockey media source - The Fourth Period.

One never knows. I want this whole Nash saga to end.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Is he legit?
In the sense of a valid source on HF? Yes.

In the source of believable... well, I'd guess he's somewhere on a spectrum between Eklund and Bob McKenzie.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:08 PM
FlyersMania2

via Ryan Kennedy of the Hockey News:

Quote:
@RyanKennedy: Via Ken Campbell, Rick Nash's agent is meeting with CBJ GM Scott Howson at 3pm - Howson will talk to the media at 5pm

Old
06-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
via Ryan Kennedy of the Hockey News:
I bet he's rescinding his trade request.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I bet he's rescinding his trade request.
I'd bet it is almost the exact opposite.

Also, if Columbus had worked out a deal with a team not originally on the list, they might want a sit down to persuade him to expand his options...

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Prongo
Beer

https://twitter.com/tpanotchCSN/stat...83589840154624

Quote:
Buzz here at the draft continues to be whether Flyers go for Nash or B. Ryan. They need defense - not scoring.
I'll just keep posting stuff when it pops up for those who don't have access to twitter or don't have an account.

https://twitter.com/MarkSeidel/statu...84499710513152

Quote:
The talk about B.Ryan going to Philly is VERY interesting..Please don't underestimate the relationship that Bob Clarke has with Ryan family!

Old
06-21-2012, 02:13 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
https://twitter.com/tpanotchCSN/stat...83589840154624

I'll just keep posting stuff when it pops up for those who don't have access to twitter or don't have an account.
Who makes the hiring decisions for CSN Philly?

I mean for real?

Earlier this week, Sarah Baicker said odds of Jagr signing here were 50/50.

Really? I mean flipping a coin gives you the same odds...soft journalism.

And Timmy...well of all people, he seems to know nothing just gets on board with the general consensus IF it fits Homer's agenda.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Krishna

Quote:
I think you are missing my point. I have no problem with him wanting out of Columbus. My problem is with him having this short list of teams (as though he can honestly guess the future with any of them) - requiring the GM to have to work out things with one of these few teams, and get a decent return.

It's holding up progress with the rest of the NHL.

If he even had like 15 teams on his list that would be one thing but a handful makes this impossible.

It's like Lebron and the decision except that Nash couldn't single-handedly carry his town's team - he's not that high a caliber of player.
Since he has that NMC, he can pick where he wants to get traded.. If he has a chance to go anywhere, why would he potentially pick another **** team to continue the losing trend?

Also, basketball is a lot easier to carry a team than it is in hockey..

Old
06-21-2012, 02:19 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Since he has that NMC, he can pick where he wants to get traded.. If he has a chance to go anywhere, why would he potentially pick another **** team to continue the losing trend?

Also, basketball is a lot easier to carry a team than it is in hockey..
Agreed about the second part.

But you can't seem to agree that his VERY limited list of choices are causing a lot of other things to be held up?

Old
06-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Jtown

If we trade nash, i'm going to cry. Can we please focus on getting a legit top pairing dman.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:23 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Agreed about the second part.

But you can't seem to agree that his VERY limited list of choices are causing a lot of other things to be held up?
How is that Nash's problem? He has a NMC and he has every right to use it for his own best interest.

Not to mention Howson could have traded him before the deadline...Nash isnt the one holding anything up.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
If we trade nash, i'm going to cry. Can we please focus on getting a legit top pairing dman.
Like?

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:25 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
How is that Nash's problem? He has a NMC and he has every right to use it for his own best interest.

Not to mention Howson could have traded him before the deadline...Nash isnt the one holding anything up.
I could care less.

I respectfully agree to disagree with you and Krishna.

I am not a big Nash fan, I think he is overrated and overpaid. I just see this whole circus act as yet another reason to hope we don't sign him.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Krishna

Quote:
I could care less.

I respectfully agree to disagree with you and Krishna.

I am not a big Nash fan, I think he is overrated and overpaid. I just see this whole circus act as yet another reason to hope we don't sign him.
It's 'I couldn't care less'

And if he gets traded here and comes in and puts up 40+ goals and finishes the year with 90+ points, would you say he is overpaid and overrated then?

Old
06-21-2012, 02:31 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
It's 'I couldn't care less'

And if he gets traded here and comes in and puts up 40+ goals and finishes the year with 90+ points, would you say he is overpaid and overrated then?
Who knows but unlike a lot of Flyers fans I have interacted with, I will admit it.

I hated that we got Briere when we signed him...sadly at that time, he was the one of the three available "big name" centers that I wanted the least.

Based on his PO performance and such, I admitted it - I was wrong.

I have never booed him at the WFC either.

It's all hypothetical. I just don't care to try to do this big name dealing way of culture again