HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ-PHI (Rick Nash rumors and proposed deals; update: traded to NYR, July 23)

Old
06-22-2012, 01:47 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
JVR+Flyers 1st +Mez+Bob for 2nd overall is an easy trade to make for the Flyers.
Lol what! JvR's value has sunk THAT low? JvR was a 2nd overall himself. I'm not ready to send him along WITH Mez Bob and our 1st for an unproven prospect, I don't care how can't miss he is. That package looks like a Package for Nash.

BTW if its between Nash or Ryan, in a vacuum I take Nash hands down every time. Ryan already plays with an elite center, and a passing one at that. What you see is what you get. Nash plays with no one and puts up better numbers and he doesn't have the benefits of playing with a guy who consistently puts up 50+ assists or a Rocket Richard winner.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:59 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Lol what! JvR's value has sunk THAT low? JvR was a 2nd overall himself. I'm not ready to send him along WITH Mez Bob and our 1st for an unproven prospect, I don't care how can't miss he is. That package looks like a Package for Nash.

BTW if its between Nash or Ryan, in a vacuum I take Nash hands down every time. Ryan already plays with an elite center, and a passing one at that. What you see is what you get. Nash plays with no one and puts up better numbers and he doesn't have the benefits of playing with a guy who consistently puts up 50+ assists or a Rocket Richard winner.
Did you ever consider the possibility that Getzlaf and Perry put up those numbers because they are on the same line as Bobby Ryan??????

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:16 AM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Did you ever consider the possibility that Getzlaf and Perry put up those numbers because they are on the same line as Bobby Ryan??????

You might have an argument with Corey Perry since he only had 54 pts in 07-08 (a year where Ryan only had 5 goals and 5 assists) and then the next year jumped to 72 pts when Ryan started to get going. But Ryan Getzlaf had an 82 pt season in 07-08 so his production had nothing to do with Ryan.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Schenn10

Quote:

From most of the Ducks games I watched last year, I noticed that Bobby Ryan was playing on the 2nd line with Koivu, not playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

Schenn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:

True, as evidenced by all those assists Ryan racks up.

Oh wait.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:53 AM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

How does Rick Nash make the Flyers better?

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
How does Rick Nash make the Flyers better?
He would allow Hartnell to move back to the second line with Briere and possibly re-gain the chemistry they had. He'll help on the backcheck which should improve the overall team defense. He can kill penalties as well.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:02 AM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
He would allow Hartnell to move back to the second line with Briere and possibly re-gain the chemistry they had. He'll help on the backcheck which should improve the overall team defense. He can kill penalties as well.
I agree very skilled player, but th 7.8 million dollar cap hit is just not worth it IMO.

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:03 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
vanRiemsdyk can do all of that theoretically...for half the price and zero loss of assets...

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Schenn10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
vanRiemsdyk can do all of that theoretically...for half the price and zero loss of assets...
I want JvR to realize his potential as much as anybody, but there is that indescribable thing about him that is telling me its never gonna happen.

What really drives me crazy is how he cant finish breakaways. He gets a ton of breakaways but never seems to finish them, great players are supposed to finish breakaways at a very high %.

Even when he was a beast in that Boston series in 2011, how many times did Thomas stone him on breakaways? I just remember him getting like 5 or 6 in game 2 alone that he didn't score.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Quote:
I love how you (intentionally I assume) left out the obvious offensive boost.

G scored 93 points with Hartnell and a 41 year old Jagr. Yea hes going to break 100 easily with Nash and whoever else is lucky enough to play on Giroux's other wing if he stays healthy not to mention he adds needed size to that line.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:13 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
You might have an argument with Corey Perry since he only had 54 pts in 07-08 (a year where Ryan only had 5 goals and 5 assists) and then the next year jumped to 72 pts when Ryan started to get going. But Ryan Getzlaf had an 82 pt season in 07-08 so his production had nothing to do with Ryan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn10 View Post
From most of the Ducks games I watched last year, I noticed that Bobby Ryan was playing on the 2nd line with Koivu, not playing with Getzlaf and Perry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
True, as evidenced by all those assists Ryan racks up.

Oh wait.
I really thought adding that picture to the post would indicate the sarcasm...

Old
06-22-2012, 08:15 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

I really think that none of these trades being rumored are going to go down (however I could see them trading up or down, involving only picks and/or minor roster players or prospects).

Old
06-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Well theoretically, if Chris Pronger comes back we don't need a #1 defenseman.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:24 AM
IrishSniper87

I'd be down for Nash for JVR, Read, Bob and 1st. I would like a top scorer in his prime on Giroux's wing. Jagr might have been old but he has scoring ability and he drew a lot of coverage. A JVR-Giroux-Voracek line is good but certainly not elite.

Nash-Giroux-Voracek (powerforward/sniper, playmaker, speedster/support)
Hartnell-Schenn-Briere

Boing!

I still want to see a move on defense, but I think Homer sticks with signing a vet depth guy on the cheap and re-signing Carle, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I agree with some of the beat guys, no use destroying the team for anything less then Shea Weber. Although I like the Yandle/E Johnson trade options.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
I really thought adding that picture to the post would indicate the sarcasm...
It actually made it seem more serious.

Quote:
Jvr can score goals, but he isn't going to PK or add D. Maybe down the line if he works on it, but as of now he hasn't shown the ability to be a two-way player.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:46 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
It actually made it seem more serious.
even with all those question marks?

Old
06-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Prongo
Beer

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...61706643173376
Quote:
Hoping this isn't the case, but could be quiet day on trade front. Not many top end guys avail and too many teams involved. ‪#TSN‬
Well this is a bummer

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Too many pieces in play, no one wants to move first.

Still, I think this weird sense that Columbus might want to get Nash done sooner than later--to offset te visual of his departure with a few shiny new draft picks, etc.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Schenn10

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
This would make me happy. The Flyers need to be patient with their young players and let them develop, not ship them off in deals that could come back to bite us in the ass hard.

Let the team develop, give Bryz another chance, sign a few depth defenseman, and defensively responsible forwards, take a run at the cup with this roster. Then we can make a splash next year in the free agent market without giving up all our young assets.

Old
06-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
That is the issue in a nutshell. I do not want Nash because of what we would have to give back plus he is not what this team needs. JVR needs to step his game up and be a man in this league. Weber is the man for this team. You land a stud like that and with this lineup. I could see the promise land

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 09:32 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
This would make me happy. The Flyers need to be patient with their young players and let them develop, not ship them off in deals that could come back to bite us in the ass hard.

Let the team develop, give Bryz another chance, sign a few depth defenseman, and defensively responsible forwards, take a run at the cup with this roster. Then we can make a splash next year in the free agent market without giving up all our young assets.
It's not like the year ends tonight.....they can always make moves up until the start of the season and during the seaon although not ideal.

Flyers should be fairly patient and not get too drawn into the horse race but unfortunately their competition (like Pitt and NY) is not going to stand pat either so they can't really not put their best foot forward. Fine line they have to walk. I'm sure they are working things the best they can.

If we stand pat and pick at 20..I'm kind of leaning towards getting Dansk the goaltender if still available..he sounds like a very good prospect.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Schenn10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
It's not like the year ends tonight.....they can always make moves up until the start of the season and during the seaon although not ideal.

Flyers should be fairly patient and not get too drawn into the horse race but unfortunately their competition (like Pitt and NY) is not going to stand pat either so they can't really not put their best foot forward. Fine line they have to walk. I'm sure they are working things the best they can.

If we stand pat and pick at 20..I'm kind of leaning towards getting Dansk the goaltender if still available..he sounds like a very good prospect.
The thing with the Flyers more than the NYR or Penguins is that we are going to get better naturally with the progression of all the young forwards on this team. Giroux, JvR, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier, Wellwood are all under 24 years old.

Its not unreasonable to expect a large scoring increase from Couts, Schenn, JvR, and a slight increase from Voracek, along with all of these young players becoming better defensively as they become veterans of the league.

Old
06-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
The thing with the Flyers more than the NYR or Penguins is that we are going to get better naturally with the progression of all the young forwards on this team. Giroux, JvR, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier, Wellwood are all under 24 years old.

Its not unreasonable to expect a large scoring increase from Couts, Schenn, JvR, and a slight increase from Voracek, along with all of these young players becoming better defensively as they become veterans of the league.
The Rangers are only going to get better defensively. Staal, Del Zotto, McDonagh, Erixson all under 25. Then they have Stephan, Kreider, Hagelin all under 23. They're gonna get better too. They're in a great position going forward.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Schenn10

Quote:
The Rangers are only going to get better defensively. Staal, Del Zotto, McDonagh, Erixson all under 25. Then they have Stephan, Kreider, Hagelin all under 23. They're gonna get better too. They're in a great position going forward.
I dont think its possible for the Rangers to get much better defensively, they were around 2 goals against per game this year. All those guys block a ton of shots and are solid defensively I don't see that much improvement there.

I like Kreider, but he is getting massively overrated on these boards. He's fast, big, and has a good shot, but he doesn't have great hands (doesn't deke that well) and his vision and passing aren't elite. People make his playoff appearance to be god-like but he only scored at a 32 point pace prorated to 82 games, and he was the freshest player on the ice due to the shorter college season. The guy is gonna be good, but I don't think he scores more than 45 points next year, and becomes a 25 goal, 50-60 point player max in his career.

The Rangers are a great team no doubt, but I like the Flyers roster over theirs with a few tweaks to the defensive corps, and improved goalie play from bryz.