HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ-PHI (Rick Nash rumors and proposed deals; update: traded to NYR, July 23)

Old
06-22-2012, 12:14 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i cant wait for this team to tank, be careful what you wish for, you want crap players to stay on this team well you got them.
I'm trying to figure out the thought process that went into this post...

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Claude Giroux, Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier, Jakub Voracek, Wayne Simmonds, Matt Read, JVR.

You tell me where the "crap" players are on that team right there. All young and getting better. Superstar Giroux though is crappy!
Giroux...kind of sounds like poo...or doo doo. He's ****!

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Giroux...kind of sounds like poo...or doo doo. He's ****!
Pepe le Roo?

Photoshop please...

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:27 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Claude Giroux, Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier, Jakub Voracek, Wayne Simmonds, Matt Read, JVR.

You tell me where the "crap" players are on that team right there. All young and getting better. Superstar Giroux though is crappy!

rangers and devils keep their *****, so they'll make them look pee wee hockey players, this team is not good enough, you want a cup this team needs a legit first line winger and a big defensemen, without them, the flyers are average team that's it, blame the goalie all you want but this team is not good enough, jagr is not coming back, that's worse, so how can flyers beat the rangers, devils without a big time winger?

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:28 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
dude, this team is going to go backwards with this roster, why are ignoring this? you didnt see the rangers sweep them or getting beaten against the devils in the playoffs? so standing pat is best thing?

bryz is not going to give the flyers a cup by himself, if they go with this roster next year, it's not going happen, moan and groan over bryz but you are ignoring that fact this team is not good enough

flyers have so many unproven players on this team, read, jvr, voracek, hartnell, courts, yeah i mean flyers fans are so deluded the offense is great, if these players struggle next year, then this team is going to go backwards, that's why i think nash or ryan will be a big upgrade, because it will make the other players better.

i know they need defense but of course media and fans are ignoring the fact that there's no big defensive out there in market or fa, they have to use a rookie or an inexpensive FA that's big and shoot to fix the defense, there's no other way. i wish people would get webber out of the heads because nashville isnt getting of him.
Are you trolling for people to rip you a new one? If so, congratulations on a job well done. If you are serious in what you said, then the only thing I can say (as someone who has watched the Flyers for over 30 years) is you are so wrong, it's not even funny to begin where you're so wrong. You want an honest comparison with this club, then look no further than the '84 Flyers. That was a club that had several first year players in the lineup as well and did quite well.

This club doesn't need Rick Nash or Bobby Ryan. Could they use an elite winger? Yeah, but at what cost? It's best to take the lumps and let the kids develop accordingly.

As for a defenseman, while it would be nice to land a Weber, the route that they'll probably go is a Keith Yandle or a Marc Eduoard Vlasic (who was put on the market this morning and San Jose has apparently offered him in a package for JVR). I don't think anyone would complain to add one of those guys to the lineup (my preference would be Vlasic, just because he is so good defensively).

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:29 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
rangers and devils keep their *****, so they'll make them look pee wee hockey players, this team is not good enough, you want a cup this team needs a legit first line winger and a big defensemen, without them, the flyers are average team that's it, blame the goalie all you want but this team is not good enough, jagr is not coming back, that's worse, so how can flyers beat the rangers, devils without a big time winger?
Maybe calm down and wait for the draft and FA period to be over? Do you expect Holmgren to make a singular move that fills every hole?

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:34 PM
ayshplaysh

Quote:
Why you heff to be mad?

ayshplaysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:51 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Are you trolling for people to rip you a new one? If so, congratulations on a job well done. If you are serious in what you said, then the only thing I can say (as someone who has watched the Flyers for over 30 years) is you are so wrong, it's not even funny to begin where you're so wrong. You want an honest comparison with this club, then look no further than the '84 Flyers. That was a club that had several first year players in the lineup as well and did quite well.

This club doesn't need Rick Nash or Bobby Ryan. Could they use an elite winger? Yeah, but at what cost? It's best to take the lumps and let the kids develop accordingly.
if you are taking about the staying pat approach, then you really are setting yourself up for a very bad team, because that's what clarke did in 06 offseason, he made no upgrades to this team and the whole team went downhill fast, that's the only reason why the flyers go in the playoffs every year because they make upgrades and make the team better,

you cant wait for players develop because they are too young and they will struggle, you cant do that, you need vet leadership to this team, that's the reason why the flyers went into the playoffs because they got jagr and it made a difference to this team.

which is why they need an upgraded player to this team. plus other teams like rangers, devils know their weaknesses now, maybe pittsburgh, they upgrade their teams and they get the upperhand over the flyers and it will kill them, im telling you right now, they have to upgrade.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Look for the "I'm just ****ing with you."
Why even post that?

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
if you are taking about the staying pat approach, then you really are setting yourself up for a very bad team, because that's what clarke did in 06 offseason, he made no upgrades to this team and the whole team went downhill fast, that's the only reason why the flyers go in the playoffs every year because they make upgrades and make the team better,

you cant wait for players develop because they are too young and they will struggle, you cant do that, you need vet leadership to this team, that's the reason why the flyers went into the playoffs because they got jagr and it made a difference to this team.

which is why they need an upgraded player to this team. plus other teams like rangers, devils know their weaknesses now, maybe pittsburgh, they upgrade their teams and they get the upperhand over the flyers and it will kill them, im telling you right now, they have to upgrade.
Dude, just stop.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabee View Post
why even post that?

vvvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish invictus View Post
you scared the living crap out of me

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:

It's going to be OK.

06-22-2012, 01:36 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Dude, just stop.

what a bunch of stupid ignorant fans. you want to waste money on a loser team, go ahead, when this team is out of playoffs, dont ***** at me, when i said i told you so.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:48 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
what a bunch of stupid ignorant fans. you want to waste money on a loser team, go ahead, when this team is out of playoffs, dont ***** at me, when i said i told you so.
We could ice Team Canada and it wouldn't guarantee us a Cup. Give it a rest. BTW, Clarke added a bunch in 06. Hatcher, Rathje, some guy named Forsberg. If you mean 07, then we still added Sanderson, York, and Calder...who all sucked

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Are you one of those fans who wants to completely explode the team every year they're eliminated? You know that's a recipe for failure, right?

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:54 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
And the way you're acting, well, you're acting like a used enema nozzle.......

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Hey guys I think he's mad

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:57 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:03 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Watch out Shelley is upset.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Jack de la Hoya

What the heck happened to this thread?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:06 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Rob Columbus of their #1 and GTFO. No Nash please.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:

MELTDOWN!!!

Aren't you like 13 years old?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:52 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
MELTDOWN!!!

Aren't you like 13 years old?
are you?

Old
06-22-2012, 02:57 PM
dawkins121

I think we all need to back away slowly from this one...

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 03:31 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
are you?
That's what I call a comeback.

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote