Thoughts for next Season

Old
06-13-2012, 04:10 PM
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Dojji hates Lucic....80/20 rule applies on just about anything- puppies, ice cream, Disney Land, Santa Claus.....20% of the people (and it can change, I for one hate Santa Claus after not getting what I wanted one year) will dislike the topic, person, situation no matter what it is- even World Peace...beaverjc another poster here hates Bergeron

most posters though hate whoever had a bad shift, game, dived (Marchand dives against the Capitals in game 6 and you'd think it was him, not Fonzie who jumped the shark tank infront of Arnold's)....sports fans overall are like goldfish- they have very short memories

even 20% hate Lucic- Dojji is just up front about it
Actually - Fonzie jumped the shark in Hawaii... He jumped over trash cans in front of Arnold's (and I'm sorry I knew that.)

But the rest - right on... Ayyye.

TCDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
I admit it. I'm not fond of the way Lucic's skillset plays out. This team has moved in a direction of skaters and two way play, and Lucic is the opposite of the image I see this team trying to coalesce around. It means he works at cross purposes with what a lot of other players are out on the ice trying to do at times, and it makes him vulnerable to being exposed if we have to try to skate with a fast team. most of our players can do that now but the exceptions (Lucic and Boychuk mostly) are all the more obvious for that.

It's like Sox fans hating that their best player is an aging DH. It's a style preference thing.
Hilarious. A year ago you were calling him an "elite offensive first line winger". That was a 180 from saying he should have been sent to providence. Even after the 180, others and myself, tried to talk you down from the "elite" label. Now here you are again.

Redsox DH... yeah, ok. There are few baseball to hockey analogies that will ever apply, may want to avoid those in the future. Although, I will say baseball translates much better to radio than hockey does. Lucic hasn't even entered his prime. I'll simplify it for you and some others. We actually need more, and not less, of what Lucic brings. Furthermore, when Lucic is gone, what is Krejci going to do w/o seeing the puck twice in the offensive zone?

If you watched the games it would all be much easier to understand. Throw another dart, buddy. You missed again.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:09 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

1.) Feester is all over the map on his "rebuild". Iginla can veto any trade. They have not shown any inclination to "blow it up" the last 2 years when they should have, no one can predict if they really want to this year.

I'm not trading Krejci, a 1st, and one of Spooner/Knight/Koko for one year of Iginla. That would be absolutely ridiculous.

2.) Siggy will be a point per game player this year. That said, he needs to become more consistent and be more a presence on the powerplay.

3.) Our cap space is a mirage. the new CBA could alter it drastically and we have some BIG tickets coming due (Lucic, Siggy) next offseason. Keep our own house in order. Signing someone long term to silly money right now when there is a not a lot of quality is short sighted.

4.) I am perfectly fine with Tuukka being a #1. I expect 2.10, .930 and 6 shutouts.

5.) It's apparent the powerplay will be fixed "internally". I think Seguin needs to be more of a focal point. A healthy Horton will help. The backend is pretty key though, one of Hamilton/Krug could make a big difference.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:37 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Good thread!

1. Think Calgary keeps him until the deadline AND gets a huge return... so I kick the tires and all but expect others to offer more than I would (something akin to Hamilton not a Spooner+1st which is absolutely the most I do.)

2. First half of the season no, second half should be closer to finished product (Id say next year should be breakout one. This year hes not quite strong enough to use his strengths at all times and ramp it up physically (stop faking going hard into the corners when really bailing out) in all parts of the ice. Im ready to put him at center and force more responsibility on him but the team would need a better winger (and 100% Horton.)

3. I put in a bid for Suter on D. Don't hold my breath he accepts. Parise the same, I think you need to go over 7 mil per to get it done though. So doubt we get him. As for the other guys I love how Semin and Radulov fit into our team and want them bad. Honestly I put one of them on a line with Seguin at center and Kelly at wing and maybe switch for faceoffs. I also offer Jagr a spot next to Krejci. (Wonder if the haters of legendary non-NA players really think any of Jagr Rads Semin are worried about being on a top line for their country in Sochi lol?)

4. Were good, our D is awesome Khudobin should be good enough to have his share of wahoos wanting Tuukka benched no matter how good he does and I love Tuukka and have zero worries with him non injury related. As in none apart from him possibly getting hurt.

5. Seguin off the half wall will get you some goals hopefully he is never used elsewhere. At crunch time though I expect it to still suck. I try and get Streit or Visnovsky to replace Corvo and help our PP. Streit could play on the second line Luby would fill the role Kaberle did. Not yet time to ask Hamilton to help it but honestly I am sure he will be given a shot to improve it before he is ready to do so since it flat out sucks.

I don't think its that easy a solution because how can our PP be drastically different if Boychuk, Seids, Chara are out there and we know what Patrice at the point is like (Patrice's shot is the only weakness in his game right now.) I'd put Horton on the point (he looked dominant there first dozen games in Boston) if he is healthy but maybe his game has changed and hes too clunky to get back.

Sadly, the well below average PP is a product of our (very good) top 4 defensemen Boychuk Ference Chara Seids. They aren't great on the PP. Oh well. Ask Tuukka or Timmy if we should dump them for other guys to improve the PP?

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:41 PM
FROMSHORETOCHARA

FWIW in June, here goes;

Overall, 2012-2013 a great fun bounce back year for the club that suffered thru cup hangover this year. Bruins best record in league next year.

Individuals....

Idea that bruins will trade looch is nuts, he is an untouchable, he rewards chia with big year, just as big and tough and scary but ....with a few more goals, especially from improved PP. I will say about 35 goals for looch.

PP improves with seguin running show or at least splitting it with krejci....speaking of seguin, he takes another steps, close to 80 points. World class player.

Neither Thomas nor his cap hit remain bruins property by end of July at latest. 3 F's turn out a-ok when his rights are dealt to colo, chitown, or dallas.

Rask has sterling regular season, outplaying 2011-2012 version of boston TT and outplaying 2012-2013 of TT..wherever he is playing.

Krejci could be dealt but likely not. Has good bounce back season, at least 70 points. Might lose time as PP QB to seguin but when he does get out there he finally realizes he has to move his bleeping feet. I love krejci but the standing still and never threatening to shoot or cut to net has got to stop on PP. Wildly under-rated even strength player already and improved PP time shuts most critics up.

Z wins another norris. 2nd in a row, 3rd overall.

Potential crash of rubble worries khudobin greatly, leaves team mid year to build bunker in mother russia. Swede gets called up from Providence and does fine. Kid finishes the year as swedish currency remains stable.

Marchy back to pest self and chip in 25+ to boot.

Bruins win 2nd cup in 3 years.

2013, rask refuses to join team at whitehouse ceremony due to his increasing anger at US policy towards nordic countries, including a ban on swedish fish and finlandia cheese.

Cycle repeats...

FROMSHORETOCHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:45 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROMSHORETOCHARA View Post
FWIW in June, here goes;

Overall, 2012-2013 a great fun bounce back year for the club that suffered thru cup hangover this year. Bruins best record in league next year.

Individuals....

Idea that bruins will trade looch is nuts, he is an untouchable, he rewards chia with big year, just as big and tough and scary but ....with a few more goals, especially from improved PP. I will say about 35 goals for looch.

PP improves with seguin running show or at least splitting it with krejci....speaking of seguin, he takes another steps, close to 80 points. World class player.

Neither Thomas nor his cap hit remain bruins property by end of July at latest. 3 F's turn out a-ok when his rights are dealt to colo, chitown, or dallas.

Rask has sterling regular season, outplaying 2011-2012 version of boston TT and outplaying 2012-2013 of TT..wherever he is playing.

Krejci could be dealt but likely not. Has good bounce back season, at least 70 points. Might lose time as PP QB to seguin but when he does get out there he finally realizes he has to move his bleeping feet. I love krejci but the standing still and never threatening to shoot or cut to net has got to stop on PP. Wildly under-rated even strength player already and improved PP time shuts most critics up.

Potential crash of rubble worries khudobin greatly, leaves team mid year to build bunker in mother russia. Swede gets called up from Providence and does fine. Kid finishes the year as swedish currency remains stable.

2013, rask refuses to join team at whitehouse ceremony due to his increasing anger at US policy towards nordic countries, including a ban on swedish fish and finlandia cheese.

Cycle repeats...
Bloody classic!!!

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:49 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Hilarious. A year ago you were calling him an "elite offensive first line winger". That was a 180 from saying he should have been sent to providence. Even after the 180, others and myself, tried to talk you down from the "elite" label. Now here you are again.

Redsox DH... yeah, ok. There are few baseball to hockey analogies that will ever apply, may want to avoid those in the future. Although, I will say baseball translates much better to radio than hockey does. Lucic hasn't even entered his prime. I'll simplify it for you and some others. We actually need more, and not less, of what Lucic brings. Furthermore, when Lucic is gone, what is Krejci going to do w/o seeing the puck twice in the offensive zone?

If you watched the games it would all be much easier to understand. Throw another dart, buddy. You missed again.

The entire league is looking for the next Lucic. I am praying I see (scratch that I'd rather listen to Goucher and use my imagination) Lucic from the first period of the Flyers Game 7 regularly during the playoffs next year. Really really hope he has a big playoffs this upcoming season, he has done everything you could ask of him last two regular seasons playing through more attention from others teams best D man and numerous injuries and linemates.

Old
06-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Bloody classic!!!
Agreed. Brilliant.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:36 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Agreed. Brilliant.
Whether or not I agree with everything written when someone posts a well thought out (and in this case, hilarious) post, it has to be called for what it is/was, and this one is by far, one of the funniest and well thought out posts I`ve seen in a looooooooong time, I need to take lessons from it instead of posting my usual dribble with haste

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Killer B
Honey Badger

In my humble opinion, the Bruins biggest need is a competent power play.

It was nothing short of miraculous that we were able to win a Stanley Cup with
that PP (worst ever for a cup champ). The pathetic PP finally caught up with
us in the playoffs this year. You could argue that if our pp was clicking at a rate
of 20%, we advance over Washington...

09-10, 16.6%
10-11, 16.2%
11-12, 17.2% (8.7% in playoffs)

Too much dump and not enough chase. Way to much focus too on the perimeter,
feeding the points for shots, very little net front presence. Very predictable, very
frustrating.

They've brought in new players (Kaberle, Corvo) and switched up the personel.
The end result is a very bland, average at best power play.

Somebody once said - “the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over
and over and expecting different results”... How can Julien, Neely and Chia not
explore a better option than Doug Houda? Heck, Doug Jarvis ran the Montreal PP
for over 4 years. Over that time, they were clicking at a rate of over 21%...

With the players we have (right now), I can comfortable say, that we're the best
5 on 5 team in the league. Take out special teams and we could beat any team in
a 7 game series. As we've recently seen, with our crappy PP, we'll be lucky to
squeak by a 8th seed...

Something needs to be done, and from what I'm seeing, this is a coaching issue, not
a player issue.

Killer B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer B View Post
In my humble opinion, the Bruins biggest need is a competent power play.

It was nothing short of miraculous that we were able to win a Stanley Cup with
that PP (worst ever for a cup champ). The pathetic PP finally caught up with
us in the playoffs this year. You could argue that if our pp was clicking at a rate
of 20%, we advance over Washington...

09-10, 16.6%
10-11, 16.2%
11-12, 17.2% (8.7% in playoffs)

Too much dump and not enough chase. Way to much focus too on the perimeter,
feeding the points for shots, very little net front presence. Very predictable, very
frustrating.

They've brought in new players (Kaberle, Corvo) and switched up the personel.
The end result is a very bland, average at best power play.

Somebody once said - “the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over
and over and expecting different results”... How can Julien, Neely and Chia not
explore a better option than Doug Houda? Heck, Doug Jarvis ran the Montreal PP
for over 4 years. Over that time, they were clicking at a rate of over 21%...

With the players we have (right now), I can comfortable say, that we're the best
5 on 5 team in the league. Take out special teams and we could beat any team in
a 7 game series. As we've recently seen, with our crappy PP, we'll be lucky to
squeak by a 8th seed...

Something needs to be done, and from what I'm seeing, this is a coaching issue, not
a player issue.
The problem is there's a lot of average to below average skaters on that power play in terms of speed, and Krejci and Bergeron can make offense happen 5 on 5 better than they can against a tight formation on the PK. It means the D has a little too easy a time keeping up with what our PP unit can initiate. We need better playmaking on the power play, and better passing to speed up execution.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Killer B
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
The problem is there's a lot of average to below average skaters on that power play in terms of speed, and Krejci and Bergeron can make offense happen 5 on 5 better than they can against a tight formation on the PK. It means the D has a little too easy a time keeping up with what our PP unit can initiate. We need better playmaking on the power play, and better passing to speed up execution.

It doesn't make sense that the best team in the league, 5 on 5, would struggle on
the PP (much more space to work with). We just seem to move better at 5v5
(creating time & space). On the PP it seems like we all just stand still and pass the
puck around the perimeter (sometimes forcing it so bad, that everybody on the ice
and in the stands knows exactly where the puck is going to go).

Killer B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:49 AM
icyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROMSHORETOCHARA View Post
FWIW in June, here goes;

Individuals....

Cycle repeats...
Nice... how did I miss this last night?!

icyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:47 AM
Alan Ryan

GM Chiarelli says losing Horton and McQuaid to concussions messed up team balance. It looks like both are progressing nicely and restoring team balance will make a big difference next season.

Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli confirmed to CSNNE.com on Thursday that Adam McQuaid and Nathan Horton had both recently checked in with the team’s medical staff – and the news was good.

“I’m told by our doctors that McQuaid was in [Boston] last week and he was cleared,” said Chiarelli. “[Horton] was in last week as well and is close to being cleared. He’s starting some exertion exercises,” said Chiarelli. “But he looked great and there ‘should be no problems’ [being ready for next season].”

Chiarelli again stressed that both players were missed in a major way against the Capitals in their seven game defeat during the playoffs, and will be healthy difference-makers for the B’s this fall. It may be some time before a player like Horton is fully back to his snarling, edgy, physical self, but that’s the final hurdle once good health has been achieved.

“[Horton’s injury] was big. We’re a deep team, but we’re also a very balanced team. If you lose one thing from our team then it throws everything else off. That’s what happened to a certain degree,” said Chiarelli. “You missed his size, you missed his skating and you missed his shot. [Horton’s absence] takes away from that top line to throw them off-balance and one of our strengths from last year – the third line – they were thrown off-kilter as well.”

If all goes according to plan medically, then the Bruins should in perfect balance when they open next season with a healthy Horton and McQuaid.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...6&feedID=10428

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 05:04 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer B View Post
It doesn't make sense that the best team in the league, 5 on 5, would struggle on
the PP (much more space to work with). We just seem to move better at 5v5
(creating time & space). On the PP it seems like we all just stand still and pass the
puck around the perimeter (sometimes forcing it so bad, that everybody on the ice
and in the stands knows exactly where the puck is going to go).
The analogy would have to be made to soccer and how some teams can only create offense counter attacking and are confused when the other team goes ultra defensive. Or in basketball a team like the Heat who are much better in transition than the half court.

Our forwards aren't that dominant with the puck (they are ingrained to cycle and go to the net...there is no cycling on the PP you get possession on the boards automatically) and we miss a Savard to take control of the offense. Sadly Krejci isn't quite good enough nor is Bergeron to do what Savard did (and Seguins not an elite sniper yet.) Only someone that good can hide your D being well below average on the man up.

Boychuk Chara Seids Ference are all beasts but PP puck mover is none of their strengths. Chara does some things great on the PP and somehow puts up points on it but we need an aspect he will never bring. He gets PP points but makes our PP overall lethargic and unbearable when hes on the ice its a hard call if we shouldn't go back to sticking him in front of the net IMO.

Its a shame that last year it was OK statistically and this year that probably won't be the case

Old
06-15-2012, 09:16 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

I still think that something based around Krejci would get Iginla out of Calgary.

I don't see many changes otherwise, but I'd like to see them add another weapon to the top 6 just in case Horton isn't at full.

I'm pretty comfortable with the rest of the line-up, despite some obvious questions.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Oates2Neely

Forget Parise, likely won't pick Boston, + he's probably going to get a boat load of dough (deservedly) & imo Boston isn't in position to shell out that money to a winger considering Lucic Seguin Marchand Horton will be up for new contracts (although I cant see Horton or Lucic getting much of a bump in pay).

I would absolutely toss a 6yr $6.5m per offer Suters' way, he'd work magic either w/ Chara, or anchoring the 2nd pairing w/ Boychuk. Highly unlikely again, but certainly worth a shot.

UFA's: short term deals. Jagr looks like he may resign w/ Philly but he'd look excellent alongside Krejci & Lucic. He would improve PP. Radulov? Im on the fence w/ him. Seems like he has personality issues. BUT if he's looking for a "let me prove myself" one year deal I'd certainly entertain the idea. 1yr $3.5 to 4m? Maybe Smyth or Whitney if nothing else pans out in ufa.

Needless to say a healthy Horton would slot everybody in exactly where they belong. IF he comes back healthy & works out the rust quickly, he can be counted on for 25 to 30 goals.

I like the Mark Streit idea, although not sure what the Isles would want in return? They actually need dmen, not sure Snow would want to move their captain (although Tavares is probably ready to snag the 'C'). I'd offer Snow 24th overall & Krug. Probably not enough? Maybe toss in a prospect (Sauve?).

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
I'm guessing there will be three more signings...

1. Tuukka RASK;
2. A depth defense-man/#7 type veteran (probably MOTTAU coming back); and
3. A veteran winger with PP skills/leadership ability/Mark RECCHI type on a short term deal (guessing Ray WHITNEY).

This is what I think our 12-13 Bruins will look like:

LUCIC-KREJCI-HORTON
MARCHAND-BERGERON-SEGUIN
WHITNEY (3ish)-KELLY-PEVERLEY
PAILLE/CARON-CAMPBELL-THORNTON

CHARA-BOYCHUK
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
FERENCE-MCQUAID
MOTTAU(850 k)

RASK(4ish)
KHUDOBIN

Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

I am as big a fan of fantasy trades as anyone and ive already made a few posts this year proposing some of my own favorite ideas... Iginla is right up at the top of the list... BUT as I try to read into the minds of Chiarelli and the decesion makers for the team, I think its pretty clear we made our moves last year and the year before and before that all with a plan in place...

stability does count some in team sports and this club was put together with stablity in mind.

So what does that mean for the team this year?

We have to remember we won a cup 2 seasons ago... and last year we tore the league apart while healthy. The Tim Thomas situation came out of left field and even though several people screamed and screamed and screamed that it didnt effect the team... it clearly did.

We still took Washington to 7 games.. they took NY to 7 games... the year we won the cup we went to 7 games with 3 of our 4 opponents. 3 years ago we went to 7 games in the second round against philly and the year before that we went to 7 games in the second round against carolina.

basically we are like 1 goal away from 4 straight seasons into the final 4...

bounces of pucks... questionable officiating calls... injuries and health make a huge difference in a series that goes 7 games with overtime deciding a couple of the contests.

Our team is right there with a fighting chance to win the 7 game series... but no team is going to go into the playoffs as overwhelming favorites and just crush the opposition on the way to a cup win anymore.

Vancouver was a favorite and made it round 2 years ago but they were on the ropes in round 1. Pittsburgh was probably the favorite this year and became road kill in round 1. Vancouver and St Louis folded like tents against the 8 seed in the west... but that same 8 seed was one Calgary Flame collapse away from not even making the playoffs.

It depends who gets hot at the right time... who is healthy when it matters... who gets some quality goaltending when its needed... who stays away from the big mental mistake...

so I dont see the team making any moves to radically mess up the stability/chemistry they are forming here... and the lineup actually is good as it is.

If Seguin does take another step up in his development then he clearly repersents our game breaking talent we wanted to add the last couple years... and it seems likely he will play with Bergeron/Marchand and this line is a line we can put out there 20 mins a night against anyone in the NHL and expect to at least hold our own.

When Horton is healthy with Krecji and Lucic this line presents so many problems for opponents to deal with. We were good enough to win a cup with this as our top line. If they slot into a 2 role and get lesser quality matchups then this is a line that is more then good enough to win another cup with.

then we got peverly/kelly to give us some really great depth. I guess i expect pouliot to be resigned and him and caron will probably share the third spot on this line and having some competition isnt so bad. Both pouliot and caron have room for growth if their get more constistient but overall this is a great third line that will win most of its matchups.

4th line has all been brought back on long term deals... and for good reason... they win most their matchups and provide needed grit/energy to the lineup.

I guess we cant expect savard to ever play again... but concusions are so tricky and no one knows how they respond long term. there is a chance he will pass his medical and will have to choose between a return and retirement.

its a very good forward group even without adding any outsiders and we got spooner and knight that could suprise us with a strong camp and make the team. we signed bourque to step in if injuries hit. we got lane macdermid around who probably will improve some this year.

this is a deep deep group of forwards that if it stays healthy will be even better then last years group cause a few of these guys are still young and improving and none of them are so old to be on the decline yet.

as for the defense... it has more potential holes but the truth is that it has the potential to be much better too.

Chara and Seidenberg arent young but they shouldnt fall off the face of the earth yet... we got 2 very good guys at the top of the food chain here.

Boychuck is signed and has played some very quality mins for us in the past couple years and he actually still has room to improve despite the age cause his only real fault is some of this decesion making.

Ference isnt going to improve but we hope for health with him cause he seems to get hurt a bit too often. When healthy he is a good locker room guy and a very capable 4/5 depth guy for us.

MacQuaid brings game and compete at an affordable price in a 6 role and that has value as long as we dont end up needing him for a more challanging 3/4 role.

depth is a bit of an issue here cause the other 2 guys likely in our top 7 are both raw rookies.

Hamilton seems a lock for at least a 9 game tryout. the good news here is Hamilton has PP qb talent and PP qb talent is what we have been desperately needing for the past couple years.

Krug seems to have some pp qb talent too... his size doesnt wow me but we got plenty of size to go around and might be able to get by with one smallish guy if we protect him. Having Krug and Hamilton around to alternate into the lineup should keep either guy from being overwhelmed and both bring the needed puck moving/pp skills that we are hoping to add.

without one single chance to the lineup we have 22 guys here that have every reason to give us faith that they can win a cup if the breaks go their way again... and we know that even super loaded teams like pittsburgh and vancouver can go out in the first round just as easy as not...

thats the curse of the cap era in the nhl. adding parise and suter would make us better on paper and its fun to imagine but it really wont make us that much better at playoff time unless we are healthy and have good goaltending and work hard and dont make critical mistakes with brain cramps or bad penalties.

so in the final anaysis if i was going to wish to add to the lineup... id be looking for chemistry needs more so then talent needs. Adding a really solid vet leader to replace recchi might be a very good idea. Specially one that might end up being a good example to look up to for seguin and lucic cause these two guys seem to have the most brain cramps on the ice for our young kids.

Jarome Iginla does scream out as the exact right package of talent/intangibles that would fit right in for us. His 7 mill cap hit is steep but he might resign for a friendlier cap hit in future seasons. If we move someone like Krecji to pick up Iginla then the overall cap hit might balance out.

We lose a little youth and playmaking but add leadership and goal scoring.

for me that would be the one move i hope management is seriously considering...

and secondly i wish we can add a 3/4 dman who can play 20+ mins a night in the case that seidenberg or chara got hurt at playoff time. Someone that can help a pp. Someone that can play with hamilton to free up seidenberg and chara to stay together.

Jason Garrison is the name that intrigues me more then any other for this role. Cap hit would have to be right though... i dont want to pay him like a 1/2 guy cause for us he would have to be a 3/4 guy or the deal doesnt make any sense.

im really happy though having chiarelli and the guys he surrounds himself with making the decesions cause they sure havent made many mistakes for us the past few years. i think we got a damn good chance to compete for another cup even with the lineup as is

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Johnny4778

Ignila is old, and I think Calgary would need a lot just to justify to their fan base.

My offseason moves would be trading Krejci, Thomas, 1st rd pick to islanders for 4th overall then I draft Morgan Reilly, and offer Parise 7 mil per over 5 years.

If Parise move fails I look at the kids or a veteran to fill the void. ie Whitney/Smyth.

Johnny4778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 03:58 AM
YotesFan47

I figured it would be better to post here than to start a new thread and I didn't see an "official" off season thread for Boston. I'm trying to gain some light on what bruins fans would see as a fair trade for Marchand. You would be trading with Phoenix.. Try and keep it fair and justify your thoughts on who you would want. Things like OEL for Marchand straight up without a well thought out reason isn't really going to help. I was thinking along the lines of Rundblad, Brule, 2012 2nd (no. 81), and another player/prospect for him but I have a feeling that Boston fans hold Marchand's value fairly high. Anyway let me know on your thoughts. If it helps, players like OEL, Yandle, and Boedker are held pretty high for Phoenix fans so any offer with them included might be skewed.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

What's the best way to explain this?

Ever had a rookie who probably isn't the best player in the world, but came up and had a huge impact for your team and led it to a deep playoff run? Maybe Smith is a good example for PHX fans.

Marchand is one of those. He's considered greater than the sum of his parts among Boston fans, all the while recognizing that he is a bit of a dirty cheapshotting punk, he's also a fantastic skater with high end puckmoving ability and excellent on D, which is the three points this front office seems to value above all others in a player.

It is less likely that Marchand is really available for trade, than it is that some of our higher end forwards are available. Only Bergeron and Big Z are definitely more respected on this forum right now. and I expect the FO is more than prepared to overlook his warts as well.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:56 PM
YotesFan47

Yea I expected it would probably be something like that, and I agree his value is something special in its own right. That is also a reason I want him for Phoenix haha. I'm imagining him centering a top line for us while still being able to buy into and flourish in Tipps system and I really like it. That is why I was curious.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote