HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All things Parise! Proposals, speculation, rumors

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 03:01 PM
PuckInTheNards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Lol If Zach wants more than 7 maybe 7.5

Bye Bye
I think even if he re-signs with the Devils, most people are going to be shocked at what he gets in this contract. Everything he and his agent have done so far has been to position himself to be in the strongest position possible during this upcoming negotiation. He may not even get to free agency but he still has a ton of leverage. I'd guess he's leaning towards staying in Jersey - with Marty on the tail end of his career, this is his team now but if someone throws him a million more a season than Jersey's willing to give then he'll probably have to consider that.

I'd love to have him in Minnesota but I suspect that to get him, we'll have to overpay him by so much that we'll regret the contract. Better option in my opinion is to make a reasonable pitch to him and move on. I'm convinced we have a very bright future regardless and these huge contracts generally tend to bite teams in the butt.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:15 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Who would want to sign a long-term contract to play in the armpit of America?

Old
06-14-2012, 03:33 PM
rafterman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Today one came out saying 8-9 Million Annually
I'm pretty sure that's the various writers interpreting Nanne's comments after the fact. He didn't bite when asked specifically what the number would be (he also commented he knew what Sather would be offering).

Here are links to the two radio interviews he did this week locally in Minnesota. He doesn't put a number out there for what the Wild are willing to offer, just that if Zach signs elsewhere it will be for less money than the Wild offered.

The only time he puts any number out there is when he mentions in one of the interviews (the first one below) what teams he thinks are interested/in the running and says they could all make $7.5-8.5mil work/fit under the cap.

http://podcasts.doubletwist.com/Reus...&id=24Eh7PHbqc

It's the 6/12 Tues Hour 2 segment, hockey talk starts at 22:15, Parise stuff at 27:43

http://www.kfan.com/player/?station=...l&mid=22173455

Same day, different station. Hockey talk starts at 21:45, Parise stuff at 30:00

Old
06-14-2012, 04:03 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Ilya Kovalchuk, Martin Brodeur, Patrik Elias....ho-hum those guys stink.

And honestly, who at this stage would want to sign a long-term deal in what could very well be the armpit hair of American in Long Island?

Last edited by MadDog172430: 06-14-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old
06-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
What the Wild likely (and I do believe this was a calculated move) did was certainly grimy, but I'm not so sure there's a case for tampering. Though, I'm not all that well versed in the inner workings of tampering cases.
That's why I'm saying it's tampering without tampering. Nothing can be proven, and they are following the letter of the law, if not the spirit, but the Wild essentially undermined the Devils' exclusive negotiating rights by deliberately floating this out there. You can't put the genie back in the bottle; Parise and his agents can't "unhear" the rumour that the Wild want to hand him the keys to the bank vault.

This surely will affect Parise's negotiations with the Devils, even if it shouldn't. Parise's agents might try to get more out of Lou, knowing they have a big offer to compare. Parise might get intrigued and decide he wants to see what is out there when before he might have been content to take a reasonable offer from Lou.

As a Devils fan, this really annoys me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
That 8.9 for 12 years better not be true. Desperate does not begin to describe that contract
I'm just hoping that Parise can smell desperate and decides that he doesn't want to jump ship from a Cup Finalist in order to join a team in the middle of a rebuild. But money talks.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:32 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
That's why I'm saying it's tampering without tampering. Nothing can be proven, and they are following the letter of the law, if not the spirit, but the Wild essentially undermined the Devils' exclusive negotiating rights by deliberately floating this out there. You can't put the genie back in the bottle; Parise and his agents can't "unhear" the rumour that the Wild want to hand him the keys to the bank vault.

This surely will affect Parise's negotiations with the Devils, even if it shouldn't. Parise's agents might try to get more out of Lou, knowing they have a big offer to compare. Parise might get intrigued and decide he wants to see what is out there when before he might have been content to take a reasonable offer from Lou.

As a Devils fan, this really annoys me.

I'm just hoping that Parise can smell desperate and decides that he doesn't want to jump ship from a Cup Finalist in order to join a team in the middle of a rebuild. But money talks.
I feel pity for you if you think a beat write claiming an owner is willing to throw money at a highly desirable player (whether true or not), is going to dramatically increase what Parise and his agent think he will be able to get in free agency.

Ho hum! The Wild owner said he would be willing to throw money at Parise. Instead of the 7mil the Devils were offering, we're sure to get 8!. Puh-lease. They already have an idea of what teams would be willing to pay for his services. This doesn't change a G.D. thing.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Nocashstyle

Quote:
I take it you have never been to the suburbs of NJ

Old
06-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
I feel pity for you if you think a beat write claiming an owner is willing to throw money at a highly desirable player (whether true or not), is going to dramatically increase what Parise and his agent think he will be able to get in free agency.

Ho hum! The Wild owner said he would be willing to throw money at Parise. Instead of the 7mil the Devils were offering, we're sure to get 8!. Puh-lease. They already have an idea of what teams would be willing to pay for his services. This doesn't change a G.D. thing.
There's a difference between "they're going to throw a big offer at Parise" and "he could probably buy the team at the end of the contract with all the money they're offering." The first is something everyone already knew, Nanne literally said the second one.

Presumably Nanne has seen the offer and deliberately leaked this to help Leipold out. Now this $8-9 M/yr figure shows up unattributed to any source on Russo's blog, and that's no accident either. It's a way of revealing the offer before they are legally allowed to by the CBA. You'd better believe that unfairly influences Parise's negotiations with the Devils.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:57 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Edit: what's the point

Old
06-14-2012, 05:01 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
There's a difference between "they're going to throw a big offer at Parise" and "he could probably buy the team at the end of the contract with all the money they're offering." The first is something everyone already knew, Nanne literally said the second one.

Presumably Nanne has seen the offer and deliberately leaked this to help Leipold out. Now this $8-9 M/yr figure shows up unattributed to any source on Russo's blog, and that's no accident either. It's a way of revealing the offer before they are legally allowed to by the CBA. You'd better believe that unfairly influences Parise's negotiations with the Devils.
I don't think you know what that word means...

Where exactly does he say that?

Old
06-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
I don't think you know what that word means...

Where exactly does he say that?
I misquoted him slightly, but the gist of the quote is the same:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...tbid-the-wild/

Quote:
“I had dinner with [Wild owner] Craig Leipold on Wednesday night,” Nanne said. “I know Chuck Fletcher and Leipold really want Parise, and what Craig told me is how hard he’s going to go after him, and the kind of money he’s going after him [with] — I don’t see how Parise’s not coming here.

“I can tell you this: No one is going to outbid the Wild. So if Parise goes somewhere else, you can bet he’s going for less money. What I said is, ‘the kind of money that they’re going to offer him, he might as well just come here and own the team and in his later years, win the Stanley Cup as an owner.”
But if you want to quibble with me on the meaning of the word "literally", that's fine too.

Old
06-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Missionhockey

Quote:
A Hall of Fame goaltender, and two of the current top 10 point getters in the NHL.

Old
06-14-2012, 05:37 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Parise was going to look at free agent offers no matter what. That seemed about as clear as his broadcasting his intention to stay in NJ with the language he was using. So IMO he would have fielded Minnys assumed crazy offer anyway. Bargaining tactic? why not? Maybe Lou has already put an offer out there that Parise and his agent are disinclined to accept and just want the proof of offers from other teams to bolster their side of the negotiation. You guys don't seriously think he was just going to take the first $6m Lou threw at him out of loyalty?

Old
06-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Parise was going to look at free agent offers no matter what. That seemed about as clear as his broadcasting his intention to stay in NJ with the language he was using. So IMO he would have fielded Minnys assumed crazy offer anyway. Bargaining tactic? why not? Maybe Lou has already put an offer out there that Parise and his agent are disinclined to accept and just want the proof of offers from other teams to bolster their side of the negotiation. You guys don't seriously think he was just going to take the first $6m Lou threw at him out of loyalty?
No, obviously not. But it is still subverting the process. The Devils no longer have exclusive negotiation time now, because Minnesota has essentially made their offer known two weeks before they should have been able to.

Lou might be doing anything and he'd never tell the beat writers, but Parise said no offer or negotiation had been made yet. I expect they'll start soon, if not already.

Old
06-14-2012, 05:46 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog91730 View Post
Ilya Kovalchuk, Martin Brodeur, Patrik Elias....ho-hum those guys stink.

And honestly, who at this stage would want to sign a long-term deal in what could very well be the armpit hair of American in Long Island?
Those would probably be more valid points if Brodeur wasn't a UFA who will play only one more season (according to him) and Elias wasn't 36.

Surprised you chose to pimp NJ with them instead of Henrique and Larsson?

Old
06-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Jerzey Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Those would probably be more valid points if Brodeur wasn't a UFA who will play only one more season (according to him) and Elias wasn't 36.

Did you actually read the post he quoted?

Old
06-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post

You realise that because both Elias and Brodeur are Devils lifers, that necessarily means they must have chosen to stay long term in NJ on previous contracts, right? That was the point being debated, not who the Devils have for Parise to play with in the future.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:08 PM
One7nine

My guess is 8 to 8.5 cap hit for 8 years

Old
06-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by One7nine View Post
My guess is 8 to 8.5 cap hit for 8 years
Then it sure as hell better not be with NJ

Old
06-14-2012, 06:18 PM
One7nine

Quote:
Then it sure as hell better not be with NJ
If he stays he will have a higher cap hit than Kovy, guaranteed.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
He isnt worth 1 penny over 7.5

Old
06-14-2012, 06:24 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
I hope Lou shares that sentiment.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:24 PM
PuckInTheNards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocashstyle View Post
I take it you have never been to the suburbs of NJ
Dude - don't feed the trolls. I grew up in Minnesota but spent plenty of time every summer on the Jersey Shore - Avalon, Cape May, Wildwood, etc. Best roadside produce stands west of the Mississippi. Jersey's a cool place.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:25 PM
One7nine

Quote:
Im sure he will end up with more, not saying i disagree with you

Old
06-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Almost certainly. I expect him to get a contract with a reasonable structure, which all but rules out a lower cap hit than Kovy's deal. The team that gives him a retirement contract will regret it once his speed goes.

Closed Thread