HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

All things Parise! Proposals, speculation, rumors

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2012, 12:37 PM
caniac247

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
has this ever happened before: a player states publicly he wants to come back to the team he's played for then leaves during free agency. That ever happened before?
Yes. Happended to the Canes twice recently. Both Whitney and Cole publicly stated they want to come back and they love the area, but money talked on both accounts. JR wouldn't budge on his price and they get offers elsewhere giving them the money they want.

I'd love to have Parise on the Canes, but it'll never happen. I still thinks he signs with Jersey whether its prior to July 1st or on July 1st.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombi View Post
Guys, he was interviewed at the team picture event. Do you really think he would have said that he wanted to become a free agent in front of his teammates and the NJ media?

There was absolutely no way he would give an honest answer when put in that situation. Notice how he "wants to come back", not "I'll definitely be back, Don't worry".
He can't say he'll be back 100%, because it's not entirely up to him. Lou has to approach him with a contract to get it started.

Note that Marty essentially said the same thing. He wants to come back, but he can't be 100% sure because nothing ever is. Nobody is starting rumours about him wanting out.

Quote:
has this ever happened before: a player states publicly he wants to come back to the team he's played for then leaves during free agency. That ever happened before?
Parise isn't Gaborik, if that's what you're thinking.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Jerzey Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalchukFistPump View Post
Don't bother. Just look at the location of the poster you're replying to.

If the finances are set and Parise wants a cap hit that makes sense (aka around 7 million), then he's back in NJ next year, no doubt. Still a few questions, but it's looking good.
Haha, Good point.

And yeah, lets hope the rumors are true about that new owner and we'll hear something in a week or two.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeStarve4Success View Post
His response on joining the Rangers: "NO WAY!"

lol. Looks like a no go for the Rangers.
so you realize Parise talking about not going to the Rangers means he will look into other teams , not the Devils right? bye bye. Watch him go to the WILD

Old
06-13-2012, 12:41 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
While not the exact same situation, Kovy stated that he wanted to remain in Atlanta when it was all but guaranteed he was leaving as a free agent if he wasn't traded at the deadline.

Quote:
"Yeah, hopefully because I’ve been here all my [professional] life," he said. "My family is excited to be here and my daughter is starting [pre-] school. Hopefully, we get it figured out."

Old
06-13-2012, 12:49 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

He's not going to the Rangers. Lou was smart making him the C, he just wouldn't do that to the fans. Even though he's a great fit with the Rangers, with equal deals out there I just don't see him doing that to the NJ fan base.

Doesn't mean Sather won't drive his price up passed the Devils ceiling.... His agent will definitely use Sather as a firestarter.

But who could fault a guy for going home to Minny for more $$$? He just built a sweet house, his fiance is from the Midwest, the family is there...the $$$$ is there.

He's earned the right to choose.

06-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombi View Post
Again, given the situation, what would you expect him to say?
Could always pull what Suter is pulling.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:52 PM
HTT3*

If Devils don't get him inked before July 1st, I think he signs with another team he likes for more $$$.

I think it is in Devils best interest to get him signed as soon as possible, if not, they not only lose Zack, but possible picks/prospects for trading his negotiation rights.

Time is in the essence in New Jersey.

Old
06-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Parise: "“That’s a pretty special thing to be a captain of a team and I think it went pretty well in the first year."

Emphasis mine. This is not a player who is planning to leave as soon as possible.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:02 PM
MountainGoat

vCash:
"Zach will be a Ranger next season, He loves playing for Torts"

LOL

serious question, do we even have the cap space to sign Parise and Suter?

Old
06-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post

Parise: "“That’s a pretty special thing to be a captain of a team and I think it went pretty well in the first year."

Emphasis mine. This is not a player who is planning to leave as soon as possible.
I am sure he wants to come back, I am sure he wants a lot of cash, I am sure he wants to play close to home and family. All truths, we will find out which is most important in the next couple of weeks. I have no idea why he would sign before July 1st though.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:03 PM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
He's not going to the Rangers. Lou was smart making him the C, he just wouldn't do that to the fans. Even though he's a great fit with the Rangers, with equal deals out there I just don't see him doing that to the NJ fan base.

Doesn't mean Sather won't drive his price up passed the Devils ceiling.... His agent will definitely use Sather as a firestarter.

But who could fault a guy for going home to Minny for more $$$? He just built a sweet house, his fiance is from the Midwest, the family is there...the $$$$ is there.

You think Lou made him captain just so he wouldn't sign with the Rangers?

What makes that idea even funnier is that DeBoer named Parise the captain, not Lou

Old
06-13-2012, 01:07 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post

LOL

Cap space? Sure. I think the problem is actual dollars as Kovy's contract goes through the roof next year

Old
06-13-2012, 01:08 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Obiviously as a Leaf fan I'd like him to sign with us but he won't. So there are 3 places I'd want to see him go.

Pens to play with Sid,Hawks and Kings I think he'd be great with either team and with Hossa Hurt I could see the hawks being interested

Old
06-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm View Post
I am sure he wants to come back, I am sure he wants a lot of cash, I am sure he wants to play close to home and family. All truths, we will find out which is most important in the next couple of weeks. I have no idea why he would sign before July 1st though.
He can get two out of the three in NJ. And he's lived in NJ for six years, it's as much home to him as anywhere.

This does not feel like lip service, literally everything he said to the media today indicated that he unequivocally expects to be with the Devils next season. Obviously the money has to work out (and Devils fans remember well that Rafalski was saying the same things before Lou lowballed him and lost him), but this is not a player who is looking elsewhere for a contender to play with.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Jerzey Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post

LOL

According to cap geek we have over 28 million in cap space as of right now.

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=20

Our UFA's:

Zach Parise
Alex Ponikarovsky
Ryan Carter
Petr Sykora
Cam Jannesn
Stephen Gionta
Steve Bernier

Bryce Salvador
Peter Harrold
Mark Fayne (only RFA we have this year)

Marty Brodeur
Johan Hedberg

I'm guessing we sign Parise, Poni, Carter, Bernier, Gionta, and Marty. Plenty left for Suter but it's definitely a pipe dream that probably won't happen.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:19 PM
The Green Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post

Sure the family is there, the sweet house is there, the $$$ too... But hockey ? sorry for the Wild but currently, not that much.

Parise wants the cup, he's playing for a good team right now, his teammates love him, he's their "C" and seems to be a pretty down to earth person. He will make a safe choice to win it all before thinking about money, houses, wifes and dogs.

Don't hold your breath, He's already made his choice. Unless Lamoriello totally disrespects him, Parise will re-sign with the Devils.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:19 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
He can get two out of the three in NJ. And he's lived in NJ for six years, it's as much home to him as anywhere.

This does not feel like lip service, literally everything he said to the media today indicated that he unequivocally expects to be with the Devils next season. Obviously the money has to work out (and Devils fans remember well that Rafalski was saying the same things before Lou lowballed him and lost him), but this is not a player who is looking elsewhere for a contender to play with.
You may very well be right, but I think it's impossible to say that until he either re-signs or goes elsewhere and we hear what the Devils offered. If everything you are saying is true, he should be re-signed before July 1st. The problem I see is that Parise also said today that he will now follow the advice of his agent. I have little doubt his agent will want to wait to see what is out there and when that door is opened, who knows what happens.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:21 PM
BeersHockey

Quote:

Parise on being a Devil: "This is a great place to play and I love playing here. I love being here.”
You don't burn a bridge until you are on your way out of town.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
You may very well be right, but I think it's impossible to say that until he either re-signs or goes elsewhere and we hear what the Devils offered. If everything you are saying is true, he should be re-signed before July 1st. The problem I see is that Parise also said today that he will now follow the advice of his agent. I have little doubt his agent will want to wait to see what is out there and when that door is opened, who knows what happens.
Ya, that's the only thing I'm worried about. If his agents get greedy and Lou doesn't budge from his number, he could still walk despite saying all this stuff. Parise did say it's possible that he re-signs before July 1, but nothing is ever 100%.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:24 PM
The Green Unit

Quote:

I thought Rafalski wanted out to play a few season for hometown.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
I thought Rafalski wanted out to play a few season for hometown.
No, he said leading up to July 1 that year that he wanted to come back, and expected to come back. Lou offered him too little, and he decided to take Detroit's higher offer, and rationalised it after the fact by saying he was going to his hometown team.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:27 PM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

This is probably the green light for negotiations to begin. We'll see what happens.

Old
06-13-2012, 01:34 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Everything I've gleaned over the past year+ on the situation has always been that Zach indeed wanted/wants to stay in New Jersey. The next question would always be where that franchise is headed and what they could/will feasibly offer him to retain his services. This year the Devils proved a lot and with their deep run, I'm sure they're moving in the right direction towards fiscal stability. Over that same time frame, I've shared on the Wild board that there is zero chance Parise would play for the Rangers/Hawks and I still believe that to be the case.

Moving forward, we'll see what happens with this whole situation. Zach has always said the "right" things in public because that's the type of character he has and anyone expecting any different outcome out of today clearly isn't all that familiar with him. For Devils fans, it certainly was positive. Though, there's a lot of work that needs to be done and knowing how Zach's representation operates, I'm not exactly sure he'll be coming to a decision soon.

Personally, I've been of the belief that he'll re-sign with the Devils and there's nothing that would sway me from that. If he does play elsewhere next year, though, I do believe it will be in a Wild sweater.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
06-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Missionhockey

I think the best thing for the Devils (and the worst thing for Zach's agent) is that he just shot down the likely biggest bidder. NYR logically makes the most sense. They are a playoff team, they would most certainly through a ton of money at him and they are close enough that he wouldn't have to move.

I think that is certainly a good omen for the Devils.

Closed Thread