HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

James van Riemsdyk

Old
06-12-2012, 11:39 AM
SeriousHabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Wanna laugh at Kadri the bust?

Career:

Kadri on a terrible non-playoff team: 51GP 8G 11A 19PTS -2, Approx 14:30 Average ice time
Schenn on one of the best teams in the league: 63GP 12G 8A 20PTS -9, Approx 14:00 Average ice time

Ya what a ****ing bust, only out scoring your future star with essentially the same amount of ice time
Listen, Kadri is considered a bust here because the Leafs fans are constantly trying to add him in every single possible trade. If he is so good, just keep him.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:40 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Listen, Kadri is considered a bust here because the Leafs fans are constantly trying to add him in every single possible trade. If he is so good, just keep him.
I don't want to deal Kadri, Schenn, Gardiner, Kessel or the 5th overall, no one listens to me

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
May I derail this thread? What would it take for the Habs to trade for JVR?
JVR + 20th + ___ for the 3rd overall--but only if Columbus passes on Murray or the Flyers are high enough on Dumba. No reason to move JVR and the 20 for Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, or Forsberg.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
I don't want to deal Kadri, Schenn, Gardiner, Kessel or the 5th overall, no one listens to me
I'm with you. You can add Gunner, Phaneuf, Grabo and Lupul tp my list as well.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:50 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
JVR + 20th + ___ for the 3rd overall--but only if Columbus passes on Murray or the Flyers are high enough on Dumba. No reason to move JVR and the 20 for Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, or Forsberg.
Well, we have no reason to pass up Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, or Forsberg for JVR. Management just can't pass on the chance to land a skilled C.

How are the Flyers D prospects? JVR for 2012 2nd (32nd), a 2013 2nd and Nathan Beaulieu? (17th 2011)? We have quite a few 2nds to spare JVR is expendable, the Flyers are stacked up front. I know the draft is near, but there is no obligation to add 1sts to every proposal

Old
06-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Inverted

Quote:
its funny people on hfboards say leaf fans over vaule schenn just because he was drafted 5th overall so by their logic JVR should be a superstar being drafted 2nd overall 5 years ago but he has performed no where close to his drafting slot not to forget hes already had a concussion and serious injuries to me hes a tad overrated and injury prone

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:52 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well, we have no reason to pass up Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, or Forsberg for JVR. Management just can't pass on the chance to land a skilled C.

How are the Flyers D prospects? JVR for 2012 2nd (32nd), a 2013 2nd and Nathan Beaulieu? (17th 2011)? We have quite a few 2nds to spare JVR is expendable, the Flyers are stacked up front. I know the draft is near, but there is no obligation to add 1sts to every proposal
We don't keep 2nd's, so it doesn't make sense. We waste 2nd rounders on trades for Kubina. Or use them wisely on Grossmann. But usually the 2nd rounders are throw in's, like pieces of candy.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:54 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
its funny people on hfboards say leaf fans over vaule schenn just because he was drafted 5th overall so by their logic JVR should be a superstar being drafted 2nd overall 5 years ago but he has performed no where close to his drafting slot not to forget hes already had a concussion and serious injuries to me hes a tad overrated and injury prone
punctuation and capitalization generally helps with the readability of a text i mean i am sure you had good points but i couldnt really grasp what you were trying to say because it seemed as if you were writing and endless sentence containing many different ideas and i forgot what i was talking about but i appreciate that you are still reading this

Old
06-12-2012, 11:57 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
We don't keep 2nd's, so it doesn't make sense. We waste 2nd rounders on trades for Kubina. Or use them wisely on Grossmann. But usually the 2nd rounders are throw in's, like pieces of candy.
Well, the 32nd overall could very well be a Malcom Subban or a [insert name of that good Russian G prospect here]. You could probably use that!

Old
06-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
punctuation and capitalization generally helps with the readability of a text i mean i am sure you had good points but i couldnt really grasp what you were trying to say because it seemed as if you were writing and endless sentence containing many different ideas and i forgot what i was talking about but i appreciate that you are still reading this
Mr.Comma...meet Mr.Period.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Well, the 32nd overall could very well be a Malcom Subban or a [insert name of that good Russian G prospect here]. You could probably use that!
We have a surplus of Russian goalies as it is.

I don't think the value of what you proposed above (Beaulieu, 32nd +) is bad, but I don't think the Flyers will trade JVR solely for futures. It just seems to run squarely against the organization's mantra.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:10 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
We have a surplus of Russian goalies as it is.

I don't think the value of what you proposed above (Beaulieu, 32nd +) is bad, but I don't think the Flyers will trade JVR solely for futures. It just seems to run squarely against the organization's mantra.
What if Pronger isn't fit to come back? That would certainly put brakes on the ''win now'' talks. And let's be reality, JVR isn't the centre piece of a ''win now'' team.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:34 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Wanna laugh at Kadri the bust?

Career:

Kadri on a terrible non-playoff team: 51GP 8G 11A 19PTS -2, Approx 14:30 Average ice time
Schenn on one of the best teams in the league: 63GP 12G 8A 20PTS -9, Approx 14:00 Average ice time

Ya what a ****ing bust, only out scoring your future star with essentially the same amount of ice time
I was just about to post something like this.

Here on HF Kadri is a complete bust and B Schenn is still an elite prospect yet Kadri has a better ppg and better +/- despite playing on a much worse team.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
These proposals from Leafs fans are brutal. Just stop.
it wasn't even by a leafs fan but a ducks and a habs fan ! lol

As well I dont see us as good trading partners unless Homer wants Schenn brothers united.

06-12-2012, 12:54 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
it wasn't even by a leafs fan but a ducks and a habs fan ! lol

As well I dont see us as good trading partners unless Homer wants Schenn brothers united.
I never wrote the OP was a Leafs fan. I was commenting on the direction of the thread.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:30 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
What if Pronger isn't fit to come back? That would certainly put brakes on the ''win now'' talks. And let's be reality, JVR isn't the centre piece of a ''win now'' team.
That's already the case. And that doesn't mean the Flyers can't win, it just means they have to turn their abundance of young forwards into the defensemen they need to fill in Pronger's minutes. That's why trading JvR, Schenn, etc for futures doesn't line up. The value in the offer isn't bad, it's just not what they're looking for.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I never wrote the OP was a Leafs fan. I was commenting on the direction of the thread.
Still don't understand how JVr is on the trading block after signing with you guys.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Smif

Quote:
I don't want them traded either, I only want to add to that group. I want to trade guys like MacArthur / Armstrong / Lombardi for picks so we can get our youth in there.

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
I don't want them traded either, I only want to add to that group. I want to trade guys like MacArthur / Armstrong / Lombardi for picks so we can get our youth in there.
OFC Automatically they are a waste of space since we dont want them in the team or something.

Regardless I am pretty sure Macarthur will be on the move. He's been sticking out recently with the group, don't see the flyers interested in him though.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:37 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
Picks for Mac is posible but nobody would give us a 7th rounder for Army or Lombardi at this point. Both have negative value right now.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Picks for Mac is posible but nobody would give us a 7th rounder for Army or Lombardi at this point. Both have negative value right now.
Debatable, it's possible we might get a project prospect for them. Army might be the one who might not garner much as he's been injured way too often but Lambo might intrigue others who need help in the center area.

Old
06-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Smif

Quote:
8th Rounders obviously.

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:06 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Quote:
Armstrong could be used to acquire another similar contract, but maybe of a player that poses more use to us than Armstrong.

Lombardi I think still has a lot more value than nothing. He could fetch a pick or prospect, but I think he has even more value as a cap hit in a big name player acquisition, as another team could use him on their roster on most teams in the league.

Maybe in a deal for a guy like Nash or Luongo, or to a team needing to hit the cap floor.

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Gardiner is becomming Kadri 2.0. So unbelievably overrated.

I mean JVR is pretty damn overrated himself, but Gardiner is on a whole new level.

Gardiner + 5th is not enough from the Leafs, simply put.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Gardiner is becomming Kadri 2.0. So unbelievably overrated.

I mean JVR is pretty damn overrated himself, but Gardiner is on a whole new level.

Gardiner + 5th is not enough from the Leafs, simply put.
How can JVR be "overrated" when the consensus around here is that he's already a bust?

Ditto Kadri?