HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rick Nash - All Purpose Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
If Girardi is in, the 1st and the prospect are out.

Girardi and Dubi for Nash.

Thoughts?
If it's Staal instead of Girardi, does that same restriction apply?

Old
06-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
If it's Staal instead of Girardi, does that same restriction apply?
Personally I wouldn't move Staal for Nash straight up. I wouldn't really want to move Girardi either.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:30 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
If Girardi is in, the 1st and the prospect are out.

Girardi and Dubi for Nash.

Thoughts?
I like that offer alot more than *insert decent prospect* *insert top prospect that likely will bolt if traded* *insert late and likely worthless 1st round pick* *salary dump* and *another mediocre prospect* for Rick Nash.

Rangers obviously won't do it. I mean, do you really think they will considering trading a guy who iced that much time on that good of a team?

Old
06-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I don't think Erixon has much value to Columbus or most other teams.
Depends on what you define as 'much value'.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
The Carter argument is invalid, he played what, 30 games with the Jackets? Half of which were spent on a seperate line from Nash. Not to mention he isn't a prototypical first line 'pass first' center.

The second argument would have been valid... Until Nash scored 40 under Ken ****ing Hitchcock. And what evidence shows that Nash isn't a team player?
I'm going to go by the fact that he captained multiple lottery teams and struggled immensely this year.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
well than you sir would make a horrible GM. You're comments have all been degrading. We get it, you hate Nash.

What did Carter do with CBJ? Nothing

What did Nash do with CBJ? Much much better

You can't sit there and say Carter is better because of the goals he scored for another team when you have stats and proof that Carter preformance is based on how he 'feels'. With that attitude and inconsistant playing...how can you take Carter over Nash?
Great logic here. Carter is much better 2-way player and has a game breaking shot. Without hesitation I take Carter at his cap hit over Rich Nash.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
He played 17 fricken games the year before he got to free agency. He had a very long history of injuries and had 1 40 goal season yet the Rangers gave him 7.5 million. Dont try to use some circular nonsense logic to try justify spending 7.5 on Gaborik while saying Nash is overpaid at the same 7.5 million because it doesnt work.

PS. Gaborik's numbers before he was signed in NY:

GP 502 G 219 A 218 P 437 PPG .087

Nash's numbers:

GP 674 G 289 A 258 P 568 PPG .084

WOW Gaborik is a MUCH better player then Nash
Gaborik had 4 straight good PPG years, Nash is coming off of a 59 point season, do you not see the difference?

Old
06-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

The only way the Rangers would even consider moving one of Staal or Girardi is if the 2nd overall is coming back with Nash, and even then, probably not.

This is getting ridiculous. Nash has ASKED for a trade. He's severely overpaid. Columbus isn't going to get anything close to actual value for him. If they were, he would've been traded easily at the deadline. Nobody's going to give up the kind of assets Howson and CBJ fans are asking for.

Nobody is going to overpay(assets) just to then...overpay(contract), and since the contract is already there, theres no way anyone's giving up those kinds of assets to acquire him. It's that simple.

Either Howson accepts Sather's offer or another GM's offer, or Nash doesn't get traded. The only one "bluffing" here is Howson, and he made the huge mistake of already showing his hand by admitting that Nash approached HIM and asked to be traded! Just awful. If I was a CBJ fan, I'd be beyond pissed.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
That says a lot about your knowledge. At the last Olympics Nash had indisputable spot on the team Canada roster, Carter didn't make it at all. Nothing has changed since then in terms of value. But you probably know better than all the best Canadian hockey minds. Who care that Babcock called Nash top-5 forward in the league. We all have to ignore those facts and ask only you about player evaluation.
Babcock was simply pumping up Nash's tires since he was coaching team Canada. There is no way in hell he's a top 5 player in the league. Never has been. Never will.

Making international tournament, while a good individual accomplishment does not really tell the whole story. Chris Drury made the 2010 USA team that won silver and he was awful that season.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
In the last three years, Columbus has dealt with the headaches of Nikita Filatov and Jeff Carter. The possibility of acquiring someone who basically pulled a Lindros just 12 months ago is not particularly appealing on that basis.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
In our case, "any value whatsoever." He represents a redundant asset that's unlikely to stick around.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Go Wings

Obviously getting to the conference finals for the first time since 1997 has clearly broken some Ranger fans minds. I wouldnt trade Staal straight up for Nash? Give me a break. Oh yah Columbus will take Dubinsky, Erixon and a pick for Nash. I wouldnt take that pathetic package for Filppula. That fact that you throw Erixon in any package is laughable at best, the guy didnt want to play in Calgary and wanted to play in NY yet he's somehow going to want to play in Columbus...********. And if Dubinsky is sooo good (he isnt) then why is thrown in every single Ranger proposal on this board, is it because of his amazing 10 goals and 1190 penalty minutes. The guy is overrated and overpayed that's why nobody wants him.

It's been 2 days and you're still throwing out garbage expecting that Columbus fans are going to want it for a top forward...GIVE IT UP.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Moore, Savard, and Atkinson would definitely be in front of them both. Goloubef would have a chance of hopping past Miller as well. Thomas would be about level with Tynan, behind the likes of Jenner and Calvert.

Top 10? Sure. But they're not nearly as impressive (relatively speaking) as you suggest, and Thomas is redundant in our system.
Right..... It is far too early to assess Miller right not since it was his first OHL season and is 2-3 years younger than the players you mentioned.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:53 PM
lundy

Really doesn't matter what we all think. If the deal goes down, either CBJ fans are going to be disappointed that they didn't get the haul they desired in this thread, or Rangers fans are going to be disappointed in what they gave up.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Gaborik had 4 straight good PPG years, Nash is coming off of a 59 point season, do you not see the difference?
When Gaborik signed, he had just finished a year where he played 17 games because he was injured. And since most of the early part of his career relied on speed, and it was a major muscle injury that he'd suffered that stood a very good chance of hampering his speed for the rest of his career, it was a massive risk.

Do you not see the difference?

Old
06-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
For the record the Jackets got signed Michael Chaput. You know, the recent Memorial cup MVP. And Miller is what? 5th best scorer for his OHL team?

You definitely forgot someone I've mentioned above.
You can't be serious to tell me that Chaput is a better prospect than Miller.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:58 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Quote:
I'm going to go by the fact that he captained multiple lottery teams and struggled immensely this year.
So its Nash's fault that Steve Mason can't stop a beachball? That's a new one..

Old
lundy

Quote:
Obviously getting to the conference finals for the first time since 1997 has clearly broken some Ranger fans minds. I wouldnt trade Staal straight up for Nash? Give me a break. Oh yah Columbus will take Dubinsky, Erixon and a pick for Nash. I wouldnt take that pathetic package for Filppula. That fact that you throw Erixon in any package is laughable at best, the guy didnt want to play in Calgary and wanted to play in NY yet he's somehow going to want to play in Columbus...********. And if Dubinsky is sooo good (he isnt) then why is thrown in every single Ranger proposal on this board, is it because of his amazing 10 goals and 1190 penalty minutes. The guy is overrated and overpayed that's why nobody wants him.

It's been 2 days and you're still throwing out garbage expecting that Columbus fans are going to want it for a top forward...GIVE IT UP.
While I dislike your tone , I agree with this. I think Erixon is a tremendous prospect, but why should the CBJ want him when he refused to play in Calgary? He could very well pull the same stunt. Additionally, I think Dubinsky is solid, and if a trade is made for Nash, he could very well be the center piece. Do I think he's enough with a pick and a prospect? No. But will Columbus have better options after rejecting deals at the deadline? Not sure.

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
In the last three years, Columbus has dealt with the headaches of Nikita Filatov and Jeff Carter. The possibility of acquiring someone who basically pulled a Lindros just 12 months ago is not particularly appealing on that basis.
It was in part of Erixon's right to test the waters of FA. Blame the CBA for this loophole.

What I find ironic about this is that Jack Johnson was acquired by the Blue Jackets, and he full on refused to sign with the Carolina Hurricanes.

Old
06-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Right..... It is far too early to assess Miller right not since it was his first OHL season and is 2-3 years younger than the players you mentioned.
All of those folks save Moore did significantly better in their first seasons after being drafted too - Savard, in particular, won several league-wide awards in his first post-draft year, and Atkinson was scoring obscene amounts of goals. Sure, Miller could improve. But we're more interested in what his upside looks like now.

Old
Kershaw

Quote:

You seem pretty mad at Rangers fans for not wanting Nash. Tell us how you really feel.

Old
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:

I think you're the first Red Wings fan that I love. And that list includes my aunt, uncle, four cousins, my own brother...

Old
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
It was in part of Erixon's right to test the waters of FA. Blame the CBA for this loophole.

What I find ironic about this is that Jack Johnson was acquired by the Blue Jackets, and he full on refused to sign with the Carolina Hurricanes.
No he didn't. Just at that point.

Old
06-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
All of those folks save Moore did significantly better in their first seasons after being drafted too - Savard, in particular, won several league-wide awards in his first post-draft year, and Atkinson was scoring obscene amounts of goals. Sure, Miller could improve. But we're more interested in what his upside looks like now.
Like I said, junior acolades are nice, but it's his size, speed and work ethic that the scouting staff is excited about. St. Croix from the Oil Kings is obviously the better CHL player than Miller, but that means very little when predicting how he'll do in the NHL. Miller is a much safer bet to make the NHL.

Old
06-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
So its Nash's fault that Steve Mason can't stop a beachball? That's a new one..
Some of the blame should go to Nash too for the team's unsuccessful seasons. One in particular is that it's Nash's fault for not adjusting to play with Jeff Carter.

Closed Thread