HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Look Ahead: 2012 NHL Entry Draft Pt. 4

View Poll Results: Who do YOU want Minnesota Wild to draft at #7?
Jacob Trouba 22 32.35%
Griffin Reinhart 6 8.82%
Teuvo Teräväinen 10 14.71%
Morgan Rielly 20 29.41%
Matthew Dumba 7 10.29%
Radek Faksa 2 2.94%
Olli Määttä 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 02:41 PM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 500
the eff is with these boards

Old
06-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
What?

Old
06-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
"You don't want to get too cute." - Asst. GM Brent Flahr talking about taking the best player available at #7. ‪#NHLDraft
http://twitter.com/mnwild/status/213356801113063424

Old
06-14-2012, 03:01 PM
nickschultzfan

Not to get off topic, but Kane + Hammer for Miller, Roy, and Leopold would make some sense, but I'm not sure if that would make Buffalo better.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:05 PM
nickschultzfan

I wonder if the Wild will pick Grigorenko....

Interesting.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Al Lagoon

vCash: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I wonder if the Wild will pick Grigorenko....

Interesting.
Well, it would be hard to pass on that kind of skill if skill is what you are looking for. Still, kind of a risky pick.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:50 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Hence the + ?

This rumor probably has legs as that is also what the pundits are talking about Chicago doing.

With the addition of Oduya, Chicago may be set on D for next season.
Keith/Seabrook/Leddy/Hammer/Oduya/Montador. They'd probably try to sign a guy like Corvo to flesh things out so that they could sit a kid or Montador for a game or two.

Keith - Seabrook
Hammer - Oduya
Leddy - Montador/Corvo

I wasn't even thinking that it was Buffalo. I was thinking it would be Pittsburgh.

MAF +

For

Kane
MAF + Staal...

Good god, that actually makes a lot of sense. Pittsburgh gets the winger they need for Crosby. Chicago gets the 2nd line center they tried to turn Kane into last season and a goalie who isn't a complete disaster. Fleury would probably be much better in the Western Conference as well. Add to that the Vokoun trade and signing for insurance in net, and this all makes too much sense to be true.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:56 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I'd be extremely surprised if Grigs were available at 7. If he is, I would hope this team would pick him or trade down. He may be a risk, but he's a huge reward if he pans out. You just don't typically get that kind of player outside of the top 5.

Old
06-14-2012, 03:59 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Listening to it right now, but in regards to that "In the first round we draft skill" comment, I wonder what that means for a possible Reinhart pick. He's not really the sort of package you'd call skill like a Rielly or Galchenyuk would be.

And Flahr just came in saying that he doesn't care if the player selected plays for the next 3 years. They want the one with the best career. He also just added that he thinks everyone's top 12-13 players are the same, though they could be in a completely different order. Wonder if that indicates where he thinks there's a drop off in talent.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I'd be extremely surprised if Grigs were available at 7. If he is, I would hope this team would pick him or trade down. He may be a risk, but he's a huge reward if he pans out. You just don't typically get that kind of player outside of the top 5.
If hes still available at #5 there are going to be a few GMs hotlining for GMCF hopefully with some rewarding offers.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:09 PM
J22

vCash: 814
Quote:
I have reached the point where i would be surprised if Grigorenko isnt available when the Wild pick. I havent read/heard a positive quote about him from anybody "plugged into the NHL" in quite some time.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:31 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
I have reached the point where i would be surprised if Grigorenko isnt available when the Wild pick. I havent read/heard a positive quote about him from anybody "plugged into the NHL" in quite some time.
That's where I'm at too. In fact, I'd say he falls out of the top 10 entirely. Wouldn't be all that surprised with mid to late 1st round either.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
06-14-2012, 04:41 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
That's where I'm at too. In fact, I'd say he falls out of the top 10 entirely. Wouldn't be all that surprised with mid to late 1st round either.
I'd say you're both blowing the comments beyond proportion. My feelings on Teravainen at 7 are similar to the statements that have been made about Grigorenko at 3, but if Teravainen is available at 12 and we somehow have that pick, I'd go with him 9 out of 10 times. The concerns about Grigorenko are concerns about him being a top 5 pick, they're not concerns about him being a top 10 or even a top 15 guy. He obviously has the talent, there's no questioning that. I imagine almost any scout would argue that other than possibly Yakupov, Galchenyuk, and Forsberg, there is no other player in this draft that possesses the same level of skill that Grigorenko does.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:53 PM
J22

vCash: 814
Quote:
I'd say you're both blowing the comments beyond proportion. My feelings on Teravainen at 7 are similar to the statements that have been made about Grigorenko at 3, but if Teravainen is available at 12 and we somehow have that pick, I'd go with him 9 out of 10 times. The concerns about Grigorenko are concerns about him being a top 5 pick, they're not concerns about him being a top 10 or even a top 15 guy. He obviously has the talent, there's no questioning that. I imagine almost any scout would argue that other than possibly Yakupov, Galchenyuk, and Forsberg, there is no other player in this draft that possesses the same level of skill that Grigorenko does.
I'm not questioning his talent at all.

I dont know a thing about Grigorenko's intelligence,attitude,work ethic, etc., but if any of those qualities are questionable for Grigorenko, he will fall. Mckenzie has already stated that he wouldnt be surprised to see him fall out of the top 10.

FTR- I am not saying he should fall, just that I have followed enough drafts to have seen this before.

Old
06-14-2012, 05:46 PM
nickschultzfan

Habs, Toronto, and the Ducks are the 3 teams critical to Grigs.

Habs want big forwards. But they will have the option of Gal or Forsberg over Grigs.

Then, comes Toronto. Grigs seems like a perfect fit for what they need. But reports have been that Burke doesn't like Grigs. That could be a complete smoke screen. But this a pick to watch.

Finally, it's the Ducks. They need wings, centers, and dmen They could go any way.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1100
Pretty sure nobody's been raving about Grigorenko recently because he's pretty much a lock for the top-5.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:56 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Next in the 7 for 7 series - Slater Koekkoek

If you're wondering why Dan is Koekkoek for the defenseman and drafted him in the mock, all is revealed.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
06-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Surprise, surprise, the Wild won't be taking a goaltender in this year's first round.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/159117015.html

Also, how do you change the link to say whatever you want it to say again?

Old
06-14-2012, 07:06 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

^ Nor should they EVER!

Old
06-14-2012, 07:09 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Habs, Toronto, and the Ducks are the 3 teams critical to Grigs.

Habs want big forwards. But they will have the option of Gal or Forsberg over Grigs.

Then, comes Toronto. Grigs seems like a perfect fit for what they need. But reports have been that Burke doesn't like Grigs. That could be a complete smoke screen. But this a pick to watch.

Finally, it's the Ducks. They need wings, centers, and dmen They could go any way.
With the Habs, I still think Galchenyuk seems to be the favorite for them to select (Timmins seemed honestly opposed to a Grigorenko pick), but if they want a "big forward" they won't get that in Galchenyuk. He's officially 6'0.5" which is just a shade under average. He could still grow of course, but that's always a risky projection. Forsberg is 6'1.25" and Grigorenko is 6'3".

Old
06-14-2012, 07:11 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Surprise, surprise, the Wild won't be taking a goaltender in this year's first round.

Like this:

[url=http://www.webaddresshere.com]Put your text here.[/url]

Old
06-14-2012, 07:18 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post

Scroll over and use the link button - the one that looks like an Earth and paperclip.

Old
06-14-2012, 07:32 PM
OpRedDawn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
What?
the layout completely changed and is nearly unusable

Old
06-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
What? you mean HFBoards? Layout is the same as it was when I signed up last year.

Old
06-14-2012, 07:35 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
Go the the bottom of whatever page you're on at look at the bottom left of the page. It should say what "style" of the site you're using. When I'm on my computer, I just have it on the "Default" setting which is HFBoards Liquid. Maybe your's got changed somehow?

Closed Thread