HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - San Jose

Old
06-14-2012, 01:02 PM
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?

vCash: 500
Big fan of this trade!! I would be a little disappointed to see Leopold leave, but with big guys like Murray and Clowe coming back...i am sure i could manage.

As noted, the peace in this thread is eery. It's like the eye of a storm: very calm but my baser instinct has me waiting for the **** to start flying.

1point21Gigawatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Danish Pastry
this is dream!

i like it...

Danish Pastry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Der Jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Both sides win in this case. Sharks get younger and fill some holes. Stafford would be great with Thornton and Leopold makes our d-core more mobile. Clowe and Murray basically can run around for Buffalo bringing the pain train (and in Clowe's case also score) to anyone who tries to **** with guys like Miller, Vanek, Pominville, etc. Like with those two I'm 100% confident guys like Lucic won't be able to completely **** Buffalo's **** up anymore.
Buffalo's got plenty of smaller, skilled players. Players that other teams abuse regularly. I don't like losing Stafford, but this trade goes a long way to balancing Buffalo.

Der Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaSHian View Post
I feel like Murray is everything Mike Weber could have been. And Clowe is a much tougher version of Stafford. I'd do this deal in a heartbeat. Just for fun, we should expand the deal.

Marleau
Clowe
Murray

for

Roy
Stafford
Leopold
possibly a pick to even out Marleau =/= Roy
No. We don't need another center in Roy and Marleau is better than Roy.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:46 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Both sides win in this case. Sharks get younger and fill some holes. Stafford would be great with Thornton and Leopold makes our d-core more mobile. Clowe and Murray basically can run around for Buffalo bringing the pain train (and in Clowe's case also score) to anyone who tries to **** with guys like Miller, Vanek, Pominville, etc. Like with those two I'm 100% confident guys like Lucic won't be able to completely **** Buffalo's **** up anymore.
But then you guys would be lacking in the toughness department. Clowe and Murray are two of (if not THE) toughest guys on your roster.
Add in Vandermeer, Winchester and White all going to free agency and you gain discipline but lose hits and fights.

Guys like Galiardi and Braun are there but you'd still prob have to go out and sign some one like Tootoo.

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
But then you guys would be lacking in the toughness department. Clowe and Murray are two of (if not THE) toughest guys on your roster.
Add in Vandermeer, Winchester and White all going to free agency and you gain discipline but lose hits and fights.

Guys like Galiardi and Braun are there but you'd still prob have to go out and sign some one like Tootoo.
They aren't tough. We have big Matt Pelech in the system. We can also sign a guy to take care of business.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:

Vlasic and Wingels are developing mean streaks. Burns, Jumbo and Marleau have the size. Desjardins can drop the gloves, hell even Boyle will throw down if it comes to it.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:14 PM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
Vlasic and Wingels are developing mean streaks. Burns, Jumbo and Marleau have the size. Desjardins can drop the gloves, hell even Boyle will throw down if it comes to it.
Wingels and Desi are good fighters. If anyone in Woostah is ready for the NHL, that whole team can fight basically. Especially Sena haha, but we would need to sign some more toughness for sure.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 05:14 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
do this and there's no one left to fight
That's one of the easiest things to find. Worst comes to worst we already have MClaren, and Thornton can drop if needed.

I can't read one of your posts without hearing Tyrion saying it in my head, and it's really disconcerting...

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 05:17 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
Wingels and Desi are good fighters. If anyone in Woostah is ready for the NHL, that whole team can fight basically. Especially Sena haha, but we would need to sign some more toughness for sure.
I'm pulling for Sena to crack the roster.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:

Desi and Wingels are pretty good fighters and Thornton can crush most guys but it's almost never worth him sitting in the box. Boyle's also a bit of a hothead gremilin who'll **** your **** up. So yeah while it'll suck in the toughness department to lose those two we won't be completely weaksauce.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 05:55 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Desi and Wingels are pretty good fighters and Thornton can crush most guys but it's almost never worth him sitting in the box. Boyle's also a bit of a hothead gremilin who'll **** your **** up. So yeah while it'll suck in the toughness department to lose those two we won't be completely weaksauce.
Possibly the best description of Boyle I've ever read.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 356
I like this trade. If the Sabres don't like the new player's output in 2012, both players are UFA and the free agent pool next year has the potential to be outstanding.

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:44 PM
mbahr

Quote:
Quote:
Possibly the best description of Boyle I've ever read.
Agree, great description. Also, like this trade.

mbahr is offline   Reply With Quote