HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Some of Columbus's upper tier d-men to the Flyers

Old
06-14-2012, 07:23 AM
SIDGENO8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
JJ for voracek maybe.. But idk why we'd move couturier if we don't get the 2nd overall.
JJ>Couturier
2012 1st<Voracek

Stop wanting every good defenseman and only giving up s*** like Voracek and JVR. Think Schenn and Couturier if you want a good young defenseman.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Take Methot.
Please.

Last edited by Matt Foley: 12-19-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:52 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Tyutin and Nikitin not... probably Methot will be aivalable. Or Wiz it is possible too.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Just curious. What makes you think columbus can afford to give up any of their best dmen?
You could make the case that Columbus can't afford to move D, forwards, whatever. You could also easily say that Columbus can't afford to do nothing. The fact is they can't get any worse. The only thing I wouldn't do if I ran the Blue Jackets is trade picks or prospects.

That said what the blue jackets can or can't afford to do is irrelevant - it's more like what are they stupid enough to do.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Pigs On The Wing

Columbus doesn't have enough good defenseman to be dealing them out. JJ, Nikitin, and Tyutin would be off limits. I think CBJ should be looking to deal Methot and Wiz but I doubt anybody wants them with those contracts.

Pigs On The Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Not quite what the OP is suggesting--but I posted this on the respective teams' boards a few weeks ago:

Bobrovsky

for

Savard / Goloubef
CBJ 2012 3rd (62nd overall)

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
? What would the price be for Moore? You always seem to have good insight.

I'd assume we'd want a forward in the deal.
Pretty much. The problem is that the forward in question would have to be similarly young with similar upside. And locating someone like that on the Flyers at present is a bit... awkward. Off the top of my head the only one I can think of is Schenn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
I think that Johnson, Moore, Tyutin and Nikitin would be off-limits (or should be anyways). That leaves Wizniewski (who I think Columbus is stuck with) and Marc Methot (who is as good as gone, imo) as available pieces. It's far from an all-star lineup, but it's a group that can get the job done, and more importantly in this case, are worth more to the BJ's then anyone else. I'm interested to see if they play JMFJ and Wiz together or seperate.

Jack Johnson - xxxxxxxxxx
Nikita Nikitin - Fedor Tyutin
John Moore - James Wizniewski

I think that's what I would do.
Wisniewski found chemistry with JMFJ early last season, which surprised us all. They were calling themselves "Controlled Chaos" before too long.

Dunno if that will last, but it was fun to watch.

Quote:
Lol 4 'off limit' players on a team that finished last. Gretzky wasn't off limits, so no one on your team is "untradeable"
Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
I think JJ would be tough to move for political reasons, but the rest are just prospects and CBJ are officially in rebuild.

OMFG. I can't believe I just read that.

Hon, of the five top-four defensemen we have, JMFJ is the youngest. He's 25. Nikitin turns 26 in two days, Methot already is 26 (turns 27 soon), and Wisniewski and Tyutin are both 28.

That's got to be the biggest "no ****ing clue what you're talking about" blunder I have ever seen here. Seriously.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Many people apparently don't realize that CBJ defensemen missed significant portions of last season which was a huge factor in the disappointing results.

Wisniewski, Tyutin, and Methot all missed good amounts of the season due to injury (and one suspension). Jack Johnson came in near the end of the season. Provided those guys remain healthy, it will look like an almost completely different blueline this year vs. last.

Finally, one has to factor in the difference in play shown between Sanford and Mason. In front of Sanford, the Jackets played very well. In front of Mason, it was like they weren't even there. Given the fact that Sanford is hardly an NHL caliber goalie, I think the acquisition of one or two actual NHL goalies this offseason will be huge.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Not quite what the OP is suggesting--but I posted this on the respective teams' boards a few weeks ago:

Bobrovsky

for

Savard / Goloubef
CBJ 2012 3rd (62nd overall)
Goloubef would be acceptable. Savard wouldn't. We think we've got something very, very special with him, and aren't about to give him up easily.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
You could make the case that Columbus can't afford to move D, forwards, whatever. You could also easily say that Columbus can't afford to do nothing. The fact is they can't get any worse. The only thing I wouldn't do if I ran the Blue Jackets is trade picks or prospects.

That said what the blue jackets can or can't afford to do is irrelevant - it's more like what are they stupid enough to do.
This would be an interesting post if I had any idea what the hell you were talking about.

Your point about walking a fine line between standing pat and taking a calculated risk is a good one, and of course, the CBJ face this. I would suggest that the specifics of this thread indicate an area where there isn't a good risk to be taken for Howson.

Old
06-14-2012, 02:41 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post

We can't get any worse! We can only move up!

...Or stay the same

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:29 PM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Jack Johnson and LA King's first rounder for Sean Couturier and Jakub Voracek
nope

JMFJcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJcbj View Post
nope
First, I'm pretty sure you missed the joke--perhaps if the poster had added a 3rd after Voracek.

Second, I find it difficult to believe you would pass on that deal (assuming you are a CBJ fan), if offered, which it never would be.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 06-14-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:34 PM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
First, I'm pretty sure you missed the joke--perhaps if the poster had added a 3rd after Voracek.

Second, I find it difficult to believe you would pass on that deal, if offered, which it never would be.
I would definitely pass on it. I have a signed Voracek jersey so obviously I'm a fan of his... From what I saw of Couterier I like him a lot too.

JMFJcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
JJ>Couturier

Stop it.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 05:08 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Stop it.
Agreed, though maybe not for the same reasons. To the Jackets, Johnson>Couturier. To the Flyers, Couturier>Johnson. So no reason at all to involve these two in a trade.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Elever
Hth

Why? Philadelphia has a very deep defence when they're healthy. They need a no1 since Pronger probably won't play much more but Cbj doesn't have that. Grossman/Meszaros and co are on par with Nikitin or Tyutin.

And Laviollete's system has more to do with it than anything, the guy's just not the best of coaches when it comes to playing a tight defence.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote