HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I feel bad for Henrik and Daniel.

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Falconator

vCash: 500
I feel bad for Henrik and Daniel.

With the season looking like it won't happen I was just thinking, the Sedins will have missed two full seasons of NHL hockey if the season ends up being canceled. Right now the Canucks are arguably in a great position to win a Stanley Cup as well. Meaning they're being cheated of the opportunity to win a Cup first and foremost, as well as the chance to reach 1000pts by the end of their current contracts.

In 2003/04 Henrik had 42 pts and Daniel had 54 points, in 2005/06 Henrik had 75 points and Daniel had 71 points. I'm guessing they'd have both been around the 60 point mark for 04/05 should they have played? This year they would have most likely had around 80 points each, that's 140 points missing from their current totals.

Henrik - 747 + 160 = 907
Daniel - 718 + 160 = 878

Might hurt their chances of ever entering the HHOF? Of course this is all conjecture on my part, but there's not a heck of a lot to talk about right now is there.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:46 AM
pdefenestrator

vCash: 50
I've been wondering about that for a number of guys--there are a lot of players in the league who will have had 2 seasons (assuming the worst) from the primes of their careers eliminated by labor disputes. Not only the Sedins, but how about St. Louis, Kovalchuk, Marleau...

Will future HHOF voters keep in mind the extent of these labor disputes 15 years from now when comparing these guys' career stats to some of those benchmarks set by the guys already in the Hall? I doubt it, to be honest. Well I doubt that it will be done in a systematic manner. My guess is that those marginal cases who are liked by voters will be given the benefit of the doubt, those who are not will not. Heart and soul Canadian guys like Doan will be given the benefit of 2 seasons of hypothetical production, "gutless divers" like the Sedins will not.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:17 AM
F A N

I think it CAN potentially hurt their HHOF chances, especially Daniel. I think Henrik's chances are bolstered by the fact he won a Hart, as there aren't too many Hart trophy winners who don't end up in the HHOF. I think there are only three HHOF eligible players who aren't in the HHOF. The most recent one being Eric Lindros who might still get in. Jose Theodore is the only other Hart trophy winner who likely won't ever get into the HHOF.

Regardless, Henrik, and to a lesser extent, Daniel are putting up some good numbers. If they can continue their productivity, they should get over 1000 points and any point after that is going to help. Who knows, they may be another Art Ross trophy for at least one of the Sedins.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Hammer79

I'm not so sure that a hypothetical 2004-2005 Canucks season would have been much different from the 2005-2006 season that was a huge disappointment for the club. Bertuzzi would have been absent for a large chunk if not the entire 2004-2005 season. Goaltending was a huge question mark before the Bertuzzi-Luongo trade at the end of the 2005-2006 season. Auld and Cloutier just weren't cutting it, and Noronen and Ouellet got short looks.

Anson Carter had a career year, leading the team in goals, benefiting from being on the Sedin brother's line. With Bertuzzi out though, it might have looked like:

Naslund - Morrison - Carter
Sedin - Sedin - Cooke (?) The team was desperately short at RW
Ruutu - Kesler - Park (?) Lee "no scorin' " Goren was the only natural RW on the 2005-2006 roster.

It's hard to project what that team would have looked like, because so many assumptions have to be made. Does the NHLPA win, and no cap is implemented? How long was Bertuzzi going to be suspended? If for the entire year, does Burke go out and find a top 6 forward who can play on the right side? If there was a cap in place, how does he bring in another top 6 forward short term, knowing the Bertuzzi would eventually be back?

I'm not too concerned about the Sedin's missing out on approx 50-60 points each as 2nd liners in a hypothetical 2004-2005 season, because that team wasn't going anywhere in the playoffs without the Bertuzzi situation resolved and without a true #1 goaltender. Both problems were resolved by the Luongo trade. +/- 50-60 points isn't going to affect their career accomplishment resumes. Also, without the wear-and-tear from playing that season, do they extend their playing careers by a year at a time when the team is more competitive?

Losing this season though would be a way bigger lost opportunity for this team and for the Sedins. The team has a much more legitimate chance of winning it all than the 2004 squad had.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Falconator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdefenestrator View Post
I've been wondering about that for a number of guys--there are a lot of players in the league who will have had 2 seasons (assuming the worst) from the primes of their careers eliminated by labor disputes. Not only the Sedins, but how about St. Louis, Kovalchuk, Marleau...

Will future HHOF voters keep in mind the extent of these labor disputes 15 years from now when comparing these guys' career stats to some of those benchmarks set by the guys already in the Hall? I doubt it, to be honest. Well I doubt that it will be done in a systematic manner. My guess is that those marginal cases who are liked by voters will be given the benefit of the doubt, those who are not will not. Heart and soul Canadian guys like Doan will be given the benefit of 2 seasons of hypothetical production, "gutless divers" like the Sedins will not.
So what you're saying is...you don't like Henrik and Daniel?

Old
11-04-2012, 09:33 AM
IComeInPeace

Personally, It hink the lockout is a great thing for the Canucks and the Sedin's...
The Sedin's have played a lot of hockey, and the added break will be good for them. Last yr, after the B's game, there was a huge drop off in their play (not talking strictly stat's), and I think a lot of that was due to our extended playoff run...

I'm not sure an entire season would be good for them, but missing a half season or so would likely work to their benefit.
I think that is going to be true for most guys around the league on the other side of 30, who play a lot of minutes.

If the added rest helps them, and the rest of the Nucks get their names on the Cup, the Sedins have a much better shot at entry into the HoF.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:09 AM
deckercky

Assuming they don't absolutely disappear when hockey starts again, they're very likely to make the HHOF. Just like 50 goals now means a lot more than it did 20 years ago, points total expectations will have to drop with the lockouts.

That's one of the things that makes a player like Jagr so impressive. His career spans 3 lockouts, and a few seasons spent abroad, along with playing through the lowest scoring era in the NHL and he still has incredible numbers by comparison to any era.

Daniel and Henrik will very likely both hit 1000 pts, and each has an Art Ross and another major trophy. Henrik is probably a total lock right now with 3 top 10 points finishes including two seasons leading the Western conference, 3 consecutive seasons leading the league in assists, and an immense ironman streak including a lot of postseason time too (unlike the ironman leader). Daniel is definitely less of a lock, but he should make it like pretty much every Art Ross winner has (I think it's all that have had the chance now?).

Old
11-04-2012, 11:41 AM
billvanseattle

I really don't feel sorry for anyone making $6M/yr for playing a game. I feel sorry for us fans, but I am still expecting a shortened season of 55-60 games. I actually would love it if they would go back to a 70 game schedule but what the hell.

The Canucks have had a ton of classy swedes play here, Gradin, Sundstrom, Lindgren, Naslund, Edler and the Sedins have all been great. I think Henrik and Daniel are two of the greatest players, and just plain nice guys, to ever play the game.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Henrik To Daniel

They are locks for the HHOF. Never have we or probably ever will see two twins dominate the game like they have, while playing for the same team, on the same line, their entire NHL careers.

Hank has lead the league in assists 3 years in a row while collecting a Hart and Art Ross. Daniel has an Art Ross too as well as a Lindsay. They have also lead their team to back-to-back Presidents' Trophies and a trip to the SCF.

I also believe that they will reach 1000 points. Henrik is sitting at 747 points and would just need to average 63.25 points over the next 4 years to reach 1000. He is still in his prime so I can see him easily reach the plateau.

Daniel is in a similar boat. Sitting at 718 career points, he'd need to average 56.4 points over the next 5 years to get to 1000 points.

Old
11-04-2012, 02:26 PM
NYVanfan

I feel bad for me

Cant take any more of this horrible regular tv

Bring back the games fer chrissakes you millionaire jack***es

Last edited by Royal Canuck: 11-04-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Royal Canuck
SuperCam!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
I feel bad for me

Cant take any more of this horrible regular tv

Bring back the games fer chrissakes you millionaire jack***es
exactly how I feel too.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Verviticus

vCash: 695
sick image macro. got any rage faces expressing how you feel about the lockout? I like this one *dude with big face and hilarious expression* lol!

Closed Thread