HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Ackles Memorial B.C. Lions Thread #9

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2012, 10:56 AM
digger18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet91 View Post
Lions are looking like the Canucks of last year so far. They still look complaisant and the little mistakes are just killing them right now. Coverage was terrible again, and I'm not sure what's going on with the kicking game this year. Maybe the loss of Jarious (who has been holding for Mccallum that past few years) was more serious than first thought. I'm not ready to give up on Paul yet, but this has to improve, fast.

Also celebrating like you've won the Grey Cup after game 3 of the regular season? I found that incredibly dumb and will hopefully fire the Lions up that much more for the next time they play them. But those new Riders unis are still so laughably bad that even when they win they still look like losers. lol
Not that I like the riders, but the lions uniforms are by far the ugliest in the entire league.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Rocko604

Only 8 carries for Harris? Jesus ****ing Christ, Jacques. He's a 1000 yard Canadian running back if you give him at least 15 carries a game.

Also Chuck McMann needs to be put on notice. Our return defense is flat out not acceptable.

Old
07-16-2012, 04:18 PM
CCF
This is the year....

All this Rider hate, I feel like a Flames or Oilers fan on this board.

Old
07-16-2012, 04:26 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko604 View Post
Only 8 carries for Harris? Jesus ****ing Christ, Jacques. He's a 1000 yard Canadian running back if you give him at least 15 carries a game.

Also Chuck McMann needs to be put on notice. Our return defense is flat out not acceptable.
Agreed. I'd also like to see a few more short passes to Harris as that play seems to be absolutely deadly. A few screen passes tossed in here or there will keep the defense honest. Maybe a reverse also?

The special teams needs a huge overhaul.

07-16-2012, 08:54 PM
zepps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCanuck View Post
Is it just me or has the officiating greatly improved in the CFL over the past couple of seasons? Obviously being able to challenge plays and automatic reviews have helped, but still I find that our officials seem to be getting the calls right in the first place much more often. Obviously we all still get frustrated with some calls, but that happens in every major sport and in every league. I think that reviewed plays have helped bring accountability and the results are clear. Thoughts?
I agree. It's been getting better. Pass interference is still a bit dodgy, but even has been better. Durant used to live on those calls.

Old
07-16-2012, 09:58 PM
zepps

Marc Trestman signs a 4 year extension with the Als: http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=400743

Good news the CFL. Trestman is an great asset for the league.

Old
07-17-2012, 02:45 AM
Johnny LaRue

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepps View Post
Marc Trestman signs a 4 year extension with the Als: http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=400743

Good news the CFL. Trestman is an great asset for the league.
Hehe, I love that line from 30 Rock:

Old
07-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Lard_Lad

So, who had "three games" in the Buck Pierce Major Injury Pool?

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/07/1...t-indefinitely

Old
07-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Rocko604

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Agreed. I'd also like to see a few more short passes to Harris as that play seems to be absolutely deadly. A few screen passes tossed in here or there will keep the defense honest. Maybe a reverse also?

The special teams needs a huge overhaul.
Was Harris even thrown a screen vs. Sask? I had to stream the audio on my phone at work so I tuning in and out.

Old
07-17-2012, 07:01 PM
MikeK

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
Not that I like the riders, but the lions uniforms are by far the ugliest in the entire league.
I agree! They look like a woman's yoga outfit. They need to go back to black being the base color. I'd like something I feel good wearing on any day of the week and the current Lions jersey is far from that.

Old
07-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 20000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
All this Rider hate, I feel like a Flames or Oilers fan on this board.
Well for what it's worth - the 100th Grey Cup this year should be in Regina and not Toronto. I think that's a joke. It should be in a place where people care about the CFL and no one cares more than the folks in Sask.

"Chico, there ain't any hard women, only soft men."
Old
07-17-2012, 08:03 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
Well for what it's worth - the 100th Grey Cup this year should be in Regina and not Toronto. I think that's a joke. It should be in a place where people care about the CFL and no one cares more than the folks in Sask.
It's because it's the only thing they have. Manitobans care a lot about our Bombers too.

Old
07-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Rocko604

Quote:
This.

Old
07-17-2012, 11:02 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
It's because it's the only thing they have. Manitobans care a lot about our Bombers too.
Not bad for a city of 200,000. Not too many North American municipalities that have a professional sports team!

Would be great if it was in Regina this year. I understand why it's in Toronto though.

Old
07-17-2012, 11:18 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko604 View Post
Was Harris even thrown a screen vs. Sask? I had to stream the audio on my phone at work so I tuning in and out.
Nope. We seemed to have reverted back to vanilla chapball a bit

Old
07-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 20000
Quote:
Not bad for a city of 200,000. Not too many North American municipalities that have a professional sports team!

Would be great if it was in Regina this year. I understand why it's in Toronto though.
I do too, but I see so many people from Toronto diss the CFL that it seems very undeserved to have it there. I honestly think that few of them care. Saskatchewan on the other hand would throw a party to end all parties. The people who care the most should take precedent over those who care little.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:03 AM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
I do too, but I see so many people from Toronto diss the CFL that it seems very undeserved to have it there.
I agree. Thing is NFL hasn't even been successful there, so not sure what the expectation is. CFL needs to be successful in Toronto again, but how do we get there?

Old
07-18-2012, 10:50 AM
MikeK

Quote:
I agree. Thing is NFL hasn't even been successful there, so not sure what the expectation is. CFL needs to be successful in Toronto again, but how do we get there?
The Argos need to be consistently competitive year in and year out. They are getting better but the past number of years have been tough. They also need to do more outreach into the community and draw more of the younger generation in. Outside of the 35+ generation there is absolutely no CFL interest... and this goes for most of the CFL cities. You never see jersey's at the high schools and never hear the kids talking about the CFL. I think the CFL needs to seriously sit down and look at their ticket structure and make it more of a family friendly event again so they can get the youngsters excited and interested in the league again. It used to be an event that everyone could go to when ever they wanted to, now families flat out can't afford to go or they have to plan for it. A family of 4 use to be able to get to a game for $100 with 4 drinks and 4 dogs included. Now just getting in is around $200 for the cheapest sections. That is ridiculous. Not enough is being done to draw in the youngsters and that is why the CFL is suffering in T.O. The CFL isn't the hip thing to be at or do. Get the families into the stadiums and get these youngsters hooked on the CFL. Then watch as they get older and more and more young kids are fans and it becomes the "in thing". Just my opinion of course.

Old
07-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Rocko604

The Lions have been taking a lot of heat in the past week or so over their ticket prices. Tom Mayenknecht ripped them to pieces over it on the Sport Market on Saturday. They're going to be playing to 25,000 people every night if they don't do something about it, and that's a far cry from the average for 35-40k they were predicting when the roof was being built. IMO, they should start selling Groupons. It's helped the C's build their brand, and now every game on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday (weather depending) is or is nearly sold out.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Alan Jackson

Going to the game on Friday. What's the best place to grab a bite and a pint of good, craft beer near the stadium? I'm thinking maybe the Yaletown Brewpub. Any other ideas?

Old
07-20-2012, 12:45 AM
zepps

I was at the Stamps game tonight. Stamps were down throughout the game, but mounted a come back to win in OT.

What an awesome game to be at. The game and the fans were all first class. Love this league so much. No lead is safe.

Old
07-20-2012, 05:59 AM
digger18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepps View Post
I was at the Stamps game tonight. Stamps were down throughout the game, but mounted a come back to win in OT.

What an awesome game to be at. The game and the fans were all first class. Love this league so much. No lead is safe.
That game was a classic..... no doubt a bout it

Old
07-20-2012, 09:08 PM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

Another abysmal crowd tonight. I wonder when management realizes how bad they f'd up the ticket prices.

Old
07-20-2012, 09:15 PM
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.

blacked out.. so dumb
sorry for not wanting to head down to that ugly ass stadium in the rain

Old
07-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Whitecaps have stolen a ton of interest from the lions.

How do I know this?, well, it certainly has took my interest away from the lions, so I can't be the only one.

Last edited by Lucbourdon: 07-20-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Closed Thread