HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Bob Ackles Memorial B.C. Lions Thread #9

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-20-2012, 01:30 PM
  #926
Chairman Maouth
Registered User
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,565
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko604 View Post
The 14-3-1 2007 Lions are a worthy comparison. More offensive than this squad, but not as good on D.

I have to agree with what I heard after the game, if Lulay's shoulder is the slightest bit sore, rest him vs. Calgary so he's good to go vs. the Riders. Same goes for Geory and Bruce.
Rest everyone who's even slightly injured right up until the western final. Give the backups more experience - maybe bring some of the vets back in for the second half of game 18.

We're in a great position right now. Best to take full advantage of it.

And I may be at risk of getting ridiculed here, but with Geroy's recent spate of injuries and the guys who have stepped up so well in his absence - is anyone else thinking it may be retiring time at the end of this season? I'd hate to see him turn into Mike Modano - hanging on until he's a mere shadow of his former self.

__________________
You did not desert me, my brothers in arms.
Chairman Maouth is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 02:46 PM
  #927
PG Canuck
Global Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,360
vCash: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
And I may be at risk of getting ridiculed here, but with Geroy's recent spate of injuries and the guys who have stepped up so well in his absence - is anyone else thinking it may be retiring time at the end of this season? I'd hate to see him turn into Mike Modano - hanging on until he's a mere shadow of his former self.
If he thinks he can't stay healthy anymore then he may. With him out, we really haven't missed a beat as we have guys that can step into his role (of course Geroy would be better though). Maybe if we win the Grey Cup this year, Geroy goes out on top?

I, however, think Geroy will play at least another season.

PG Canuck is online now  
Old
10-20-2012, 03:41 PM
  #928
Chairman Maouth
Registered User
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,565
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
If he thinks he can't stay healthy anymore then he may. With him out, we really haven't missed a beat as we have guys that can step into his role (of course Geroy would be better though). Maybe if we win the Grey Cup this year, Geroy goes out on top?

I, however, think Geroy will play at least another season.
Both of those ideas appeal to me. Would love to see him go out on top and would love to see him stay if he can remain healthy. However, he's getting older and his recent injuries may be a sign of things to come.

I'll always love the guy though. The choice is his and i would never presume to suggest what is right for him.

Chairman Maouth is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 04:30 PM
  #929
Rocko604
Let's Go Bruins
 
Rocko604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,529
vCash: 500
I say allow Geroy to go out on his own terms. I think his contract runs until the end of next season anyway.

If Courtney Taylor signs an extension, I'm wondering more about whether they keep Bruce around for next year.

Rocko604 is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 05:45 PM
  #930
Chairman Maouth
Registered User
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,565
vCash: 50
Just watched the Riders/Als.

If a team is down by 6 points and scores a TD that runs the clock out on the game, do they still get a shot at a convert or does the game go to OT?

Chairman Maouth is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 05:45 PM
  #931
Free Torts
Registered User
 
Free Torts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Bruce and probably Paris Jackson are two guys I'd think about cutting after the season. Gore could make another run at the NFL too.

Free Torts is online now  
Old
10-20-2012, 06:03 PM
  #932
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,461
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
Just watched the Riders/Als.

If a team is down by 6 points and scores a TD that runs the clock out on the game, do they still get a shot at a convert or does the game go to OT?
They get a shot at the extra point. Doesn't matter if they for 1 or 2

LiquidSnake is online now  
Old
10-20-2012, 06:53 PM
  #933
Chairman Maouth
Registered User
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,565
vCash: 50
Thanks LS.

Chairman Maouth is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 12:55 AM
  #934
Anodyne
Registered User
 
Anodyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,785
vCash: 500
Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
As first reported by @FifthQtr WR Kierre Johnson has been released by #BCLions. #CFLonTSN

Bummer. His TD in the Grey Cup last year was huge.

Anodyne is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 12:58 AM
  #935
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain
 
The Kassian Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
As first reported by @FifthQtr WR Kierre Johnson has been released by #BCLions. #CFLonTSN

Bummer. His TD in the Grey Cup last year was huge.
I think he's too small and with Moore showing up huge in the absence of Simon and Bruce, Moore just seems bigger and more willing to go to the middle of the field. Also showed he was willing to take a hit more.

The Kassian Train is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 02:25 AM
  #936
Kickassguy
Registered User
 
Kickassguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,445
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
So... uh... Manny Arceneaux, anyone?

Kickassguy is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 04:00 AM
  #937
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,454
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Geroy has said a few times he doesn't plan on retiring anytime soon. He wants to play a few more years and gets annoyed at the retirement questions.

CCF23 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 02:52 PM
  #938
luongoisdaman
Registered User
 
luongoisdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Weather Network calling for -6, -10 with windchill tonight in Calgary.

luongoisdaman is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 02:56 PM
  #939
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,687
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
Bruce and probably Paris Jackson are two guys I'd think about cutting after the season. Gore could make another run at the NFL too.
Disagree. Bruce is still an elite slot back in the league and is a valuable part of our receiving group. Paris Jackson's veteran leadership is also key. He's always the guy in the middle of the group getting the guys fired up before the game.

To be honest I wouldn't cut anyone.

__________________
May 17, 2014: The day nightlife changes in Vancouver...ask me how.
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 03:21 PM
  #940
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,481
vCash: 14214
I'd like to see how Bruce returns from his concussion before I rule out moving in another direction. That was a violent hit he took and I've seen players never regain their form from less. Pre-hit Bruce I'd agree with you but the Post-hit Bruce has yet to be seen. Too early to tell either way.

MikeK is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 03:42 PM
  #941
zepps
Registered User
 
zepps's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongoisdaman View Post
Weather Network calling for -6, -10 with windchill tonight in Calgary.
Looking forward to this one! Got a few extra layers for tonight. Even with nothing the play for there are a few things that I'm watching:

Harris vs Cornish
Mike Reilly's 2nd start
Khalif Mitchell's return
Geroy Simon's return
Tate vs Glenn
Can the Stamps beat the Lions?

Love game day!!!

zepps is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 04:19 PM
  #942
kanuck87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Disagree. Bruce is still an elite slot back in the league and is a valuable part of our receiving group. Paris Jackson's veteran leadership is also key. He's always the guy in the middle of the group getting the guys fired up before the game.

To be honest I wouldn't cut anyone.
The team is loaded with decent-to-good receivers right now. Simon, Ianuzzi, Gore, Moore, Foster, Jackson, Taylor and maybe even Arceneaux, if he comes back to the Lions. We don't need Bruce or Jackson. Simon can assume most of their veteran responsibilities and it doesn't have to just come from Simon. Lulay and the coaching staff helps with leadership too.

kanuck87 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 04:23 PM
  #943
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,481
vCash: 14214
Quote:
Originally Posted by zepps View Post
Looking forward to this one! Got a few extra layers for tonight. Even with nothing the play for there are a few things that I'm watching:

Harris vs Cornish
Mike Reilly's 2nd start
Khalif Mitchell's return
Geroy Simon's return
Tate vs Glenn
Can the Stamps beat the Lions?

Love game day!!!
Same here! Nothing beats a game day. Wish Simon was resting one more game. That cold weather can be murderous on the legs.

MikeK is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 04:37 PM
  #944
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,276
vCash: 500
Man is this team stacked when everyone comes back! Wally has done a great job at having depth at every position. The toughest decisions will be deciding who draws in when everyone is set to go.

vanwest is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 04:44 PM
  #945
crazycanuck
Registered User
 
crazycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongoisdaman View Post
Weather Network calling for -6, -10 with windchill tonight in Calgary.
Welcome to real Canadian weather... lol

crazycanuck is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 08:16 PM
  #946
PuckZilla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Looks like BC is having troubles with the cold so far. But its not snowbowl 2012 like I was hoping it would be. LOL

PuckZilla is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 08:18 PM
  #947
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,481
vCash: 14214
Man, that was ruff. 10-0 already

MikeK is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 08:18 PM
  #948
Bgav
We Stylin'
 
Bgav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,898
vCash: 1752
trbl start

Bgav is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 08:23 PM
  #949
Chairman Maouth
Registered User
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,565
vCash: 50
Hahahaha!!!!!

17-0

Chairman Maouth is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 08:24 PM
  #950
Rocko604
Let's Go Bruins
 
Rocko604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,529
vCash: 500
The old saying of "No lead is safe in the CFL" is trying its hardest to keep me watching this game.

Rocko604 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.