HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nash to TML [Mod Warning Post#75]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2012, 08:20 PM
  #26
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Okay so the consensus has to be Burke is sniffing around for Nash.

What is the likely package?

Schenn + Kadri +?

Tor 1st + Holzer

Gardiner+ ?

Something else?
So far all of the rumors I have read have Howson demanding a first round pick, a good young roster player and a blue chip prospect.

From the Rangers: Dubinsky, Kreider, a 1st and more, from Boston: Rask, Hamilton and a 1st. If those really are what Howson wanted from those teams I will guess that he will want Gardiner, a 1st, and Kadri?

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:21 PM
  #27
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
So far all of the rumors I have read have Howson demanding a first round pick, a good young roster player and a blue chip prospect.

From the Rangers: Dubinsky, Kreider, a 1st and more, from Boston: Rask, Hamilton and a 1st. If those really are what Howson wanted from those teams I will guess that he will want Gardiner, a 1st, and Kadri?
could also be kadri, schenn and a 1st

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:23 PM
  #28
darius13
Registered User
 
darius13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
let me try it this way... No thank you...we do not want to make that trade...
sounds like you're Howson's bumb buddy or something? 'cause that's the only way i see you have any input into what Columbus's GM does.

trade or no trade. i still dont think the value is as far off as you say..

darius13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:24 PM
  #29
Smif
Registered User
 
Smif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
If the package NYR offered them was turned down than there's no way I'd offer more. I'd much rather overpaying for Staal than acquire Nash personally.

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:25 PM
  #30
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darius13 View Post
let me try it this way haha

Kessel > Nash
Lupul, Kadri > 2nd overall
2nd round pick > Brassard

im pretty sure the value is not as far off as you say..
Kessel has a better shot, but other than that Nash has him everywhere. So...

Kessel < Nash
Lupul, Kadri <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<, 2nd overall

2nd Round Pick = Brassard


So, **** no.

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:25 PM
  #31
SIDGENO8771
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Nash
Johansen
2012 1st

for

Kessel
Lupul
Kadri


Kessel>Nash
Lupul>Johansen
Kadri<2012 1st

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:25 PM
  #32
OldGoaltender
Registered User
 
OldGoaltender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Triad NC
Country: United States
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darius13 View Post
let me try it this way haha

Kessel > Nash
Lupul, Kadri > 2nd overall
2nd round pick > Brassard

im pretty sure the value is not as far off as you say..
If Kessel is greater than Nash, why would you want to make that trade? Columbus is looking to get value, I like your players but Brassard is worth way more than a second and swapping pieces makes no sense.

I'd rather have TBJ's fifth pick of the draft, Kadri, Lupul and Scrivens for Nash.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:35 PM
  #33
darius13
Registered User
 
darius13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Kessel has a better shot, but other than that Nash has him everywhere. So...

Kessel < Nash
Lupul, Kadri <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<, 2nd overall

2nd Round Pick = Brassard


So, **** no.
lmao why is 2nd overall SO much greater then Lupul (all-star power forward) and former 7th 0verall Kadri classic

p.s. Nash wants the **** out! Kessel-Lupul are one of the best 1-2 punches in the NHL. even bested the Sedins in production. well whatever. have fun drafting a dud with that 2nd overall pick..

darius13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:39 PM
  #34
Kessely Snipes
Great White North
 
Kessely Snipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
If Columbus turned down what the Rangers were offering at the deadline, I hope Toronto stays far away.

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:40 PM
  #35
darius13
Registered User
 
darius13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
If Kessel is greater than Nash, why would you want to make that trade? Columbus is looking to get value, I like your players but Brassard is worth way more than a second and swapping pieces makes no sense.

I'd rather have TBJ's fifth pick of the draft, Kadri, Lupul and Scrivens for Nash.
Nash want's out thats why the pieces get swaped.
so you think..

5th overall, Kadri, Lupul, Scrivens = Nash?
I have to disagree

+ reason for making the trade is i dont believe Kessel re-signs in a couple of years when his contract expires


Last edited by darius13: 06-13-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: sorry
darius13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:53 PM
  #36
darius13
Registered User
 
darius13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Nash
Johansen
2012 1st

for

Kessel
Lupul
Kadri


Kessel>Nash
Lupul>Johansen
Kadri<2012 1st
See, SIDGENO8771's on board
Lupul Kadri Kessel Instant #1 line

darius13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 08:57 PM
  #37
frankthetank91
Registered User
 
frankthetank91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 500
I love Nash would love to have him. Hate that Howson is making him have Crosby-like trade value and scaring people off and making people call Nash overrated/overpaid because of the price his GM set.

I'd go for him without having to blow it up.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:01 PM
  #38
OldGoaltender
Registered User
 
OldGoaltender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Triad NC
Country: United States
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darius13 View Post
Nash want's out thats why the pieces get swaped.
so you think..

5th overall, Kadri, Lupul, Scrivens = Nash?
I have to disagree

+ reason for making the trade is i dont believe Kessel re-signs in a couple of years when his contract expires
Nash does want out but it doesn't mean the Jackets are going to get hosed. That's why they didn't trade him at the deadline. What makes you think Kessel will resign with us? I want the 5th pick more than Kessel.

Honestly, I'd be happy with Kadri, Lupul and the 5th pick.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:06 PM
  #39
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,380
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
I love Nash would love to have him. Hate that Howson is making him have Crosby-like trade value and scaring people off and making people call Nash overrated/overpaid because of the price his GM set.

I'd go for him without having to blow it up.
Yeah, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:12 PM
  #40
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,778
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSoH View Post
For an overpaid 30 goal scorer? Nash is so over-rated.

Kessel at 5.4 is better than Nash, keep your picks and develop the kids.
And here we go...

Nash isn't overrated - he's slightly overpaid. Big difference.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:18 PM
  #41
darius13
Registered User
 
darius13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
Nash does want out but it doesn't mean the Jackets are going to get hosed. That's why they didn't trade him at the deadline. What makes you think Kessel will resign with us? I want the 5th pick more than Kessel.

Honestly, I'd be happy with Kadri, Lupul and the 5th pick.
i respect you thinking Columbus would take the 5th overall pick over Kessel, or thats what you pesonally believe. but im not sure a top 5 scorer in the league is worth less then a Forsberg/Galchenkuk/Murray/etc..not by any stretch.

i think he would sign because and Columbus and Kessel = match made i heaven!! he would be the absolute shining star with little to no scrutiny. plus having Kadri and Lups by his side couldn't hurt.

darius13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:21 PM
  #42
darius13
Registered User
 
darius13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
What do Toronto fans think of the value, any opinions?

darius13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:22 PM
  #43
jukon
#Nailedit
 
jukon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,495
vCash: 500
Trading prospects/picks for a player like Nash is what got Toronto in the funk that Burke is trying to get them out of.

jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:24 PM
  #44
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 661
Sooo, why does Nash waive to go to Toronto? I think he's pretty sick of not making the playoffs.

Dr. Ogrodnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:29 PM
  #45
OldGoaltender
Registered User
 
OldGoaltender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Triad NC
Country: United States
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Sooo, why does Nash waive to go to Toronto? I think he's pretty sick of not making the playoffs.
Toronto is on Nash's short list.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:32 PM
  #46
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,666
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
Toronto is on Nash's short list.
Source?

OilerTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:40 PM
  #47
darius13
Registered User
 
darius13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Sooo, why does Nash waive to go to Toronto? I think he's pretty sick of not making the playoffs.
why does every hockey fan seem to hate on the Leafs so much? haha
im pretty sure that its mostly jealousy.. well and the fact that we cant even seem to make the playoffs let alone compete of a cup...
So what are you really mad about? the fack that we embarassed your team on HBO or the fact that the Leafs have way more stanley cups the the Rags...?

darius13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:47 PM
  #48
darius13
Registered User
 
darius13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Source?
http://www.nhlsnipers.com/rick-nash-...-trade-him-to/

darius13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:49 PM
  #49
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by darius13 View Post
why does every hockey fan seem to hate on the Leafs so much? haha
im pretty sure that its mostly jealousy.. well and the fact that we cant even seem to make the playoffs let alone compete of a cup...
So what are you really mad about? the fack that we embarassed your team on HBO or the fact that the Leafs have way more stanley cups the the Rags...?
Do you know what's cool? Seeing your team win a Stanley cup with your own eyes. Not that you'd know.

The Leafs don't usually make the playoffs and have problems that adding Nash doesn't solve. Since he has a NMC and is clearly sick of the losing, I would think he'd be looking at a contender, which the Leafs are not.

Also, pretty sad that the only thing you have to hang your hat on is a regular season win on HBO.

Dr. Ogrodnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:00 PM
  #50
darius13
Registered User
 
darius13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Do you know what's cool? Seeing your team win a Stanley cup with your own eyes. Not that you'd know.

The Leafs don't usually make the playoffs and have problems that adding Nash doesn't solve. Since he has a NMC and is clearly sick of the losing, I would think he'd be looking at a contender, which the Leafs are not.

Also, pretty sad that the only thing you have to hang your hat on is a regular season win on HBO.
First of all Toronto is on Nash's short list of teams of teams he would be willing to except a trade to. I thought this was all just common knowledge at this point. as usual, especially for Rags fan, sense isn't always common.

p.s. its all of your hate for our beloved Leafs that makes my world go 'round. and lmfao that HBO **** will go down in history forever
dont crap your pants alright!

darius13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.