HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part V) - "ZP don't take kindly to us"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2012, 10:22 PM
  #901
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlmost View Post
Why?

Why? Why trade a guy who we spent time developing only to trade him away? Only a fool would trade DZ at this point because if he comes out next year and tears it up then i'm sure you'll love him again.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:25 PM
  #902
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlmost View Post
Why?
Because MDZ is a 21 year old 40 point d-man.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:25 PM
  #903
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
I love stats. They really show you the kind of player you are getting in a trade.

When the Rangers needed scoring they went for the stars.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=3958

After a 70 goal season and an abbreviated follow up they pulled the trigger.

If only they traded for his center as well.

At least he indirectly helped them win the SC.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:27 PM
  #904
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Because MDZ is a 21 year old 40 point d-man.


Hit the nail on the head with a power drill. Agree 1000%

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:30 PM
  #905
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
rumor is they want size down the middle though. they're strong on defensive scoring already. mdz is kind of redundant over there.
Give them Anisimov and take out the 1st and Thomas.

Del Zotto + Anisimov
For
Kane + 2nd

Still an overpayment.

We would then have to add a third line center.

Stoll would be my choice.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:30 PM
  #906
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!
 
MrAlmost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: R.I.P.
Country: United States
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Because MDZ is a 21 year old 40 point d-man.
Touche. Short and sweet.

MrAlmost is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:34 PM
  #907
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Give them Anisimov and take out the 1st and Thomas.

Del Zotto + Anisimov
For
Kane + 2nd

We would then have to add a third line center.

Stoll would be my choice.


But why break up a team who almost made it to the stanley cup? What did AA do to get shipped out? DZ too? What did he do? And what if Stoll didn't come here?

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:39 PM
  #908
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
But why break up a team who almost made it to the stanley cup? What did AA do to get shipped out? DZ too? What did he do? And what if Stoll didn't come here?
Kane >>>>> Anisimov
Kane = Del Zotto

As i said its an overpayment.

A package of Del Zotto+Thomas+1st should be more then enough value.

I would be fine with adding depth to the bottom six. Schultz. And a vet RHD.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:39 PM
  #909
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,082
vCash: 500
you guys do understand that WPG has no reason to trade this guy yet right even if je doesnt want to sign there he's still under contract for a couple more seasons before he can becme a UFA.

This guy is going to be a star in this league and WPG wont deal him for anything short of an overpayment its pointless offer them these fairly crappy packages because they're not in a situation yet where they will have to deal him he's not going anywhere anytime soon you can book that .

__________________
New York RKY is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:41 PM
  #910
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Kane >>>>> Anisimov
Kane = Del Zotto

As i said its an overpayment.

A package of Del Zotto+Thomas+1st should be more then enough value.

I would be fine with adding depth to the bottom six. Schultz. And a vet RHD.


Why trade Del Zotto?? I need a good reason why you wanna trade the 21 year old kid who puts up 40 points on our offensively challenged team.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:41 PM
  #911
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Kane >>>>> Anisimov
Kane = Del Zotto

As i said its an overpayment.

A package of Del Zotto+Thomas+1st should be more then enough value.

I would be fine with adding depth to the bottom six. Schultz. And a vet RHD.
Kane=Del Zotto? Really?

I know Kane hasn't accomplished much yet but as I just mentioned he will turn into an 80 point forward so going off the merit of potential alone as good as Del Zotto is and as much as I like him he's not in the same league as Kane when theyre both at their peaks.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:42 PM
  #912
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
Del Zotto and Miller for Kane. Jets get a top 4 pmd and a good center prospect.

Or if they want a current nhl center, I can see them being interested in Anisimov.

Anisimov, McIlrath or Erixon and a 1st for Kane.

I think those would be fair deals for both sides. Kane is a good young player but he is not Stamkos. Jet fans need to stop thinking that they are getting Kreider for an unhappy player that they are being forced to trade.


Last edited by XLJ: 06-16-2012 at 10:50 PM.
XLJ is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:43 PM
  #913
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
you guys do understand that WPG has no reason to trade this guy yet right even if je doesnt want to sign there he's still under contract for a couple more seasons before he can becme a UFA.

This guy is going to be a star in this league and WPG wont deal him for anything short of an overpayment its pointless offer them these fairly crappy packages because they're not in a situation yet where they will have to deal him he's not going anywhere anytime soon you can book that .
He's a restricted free agent.

He won't be under any contract if he doesn't want to sign. That's why they'd trade him.

Crappy package? Del Zotto is equal value on his own.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:44 PM
  #914
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I trade Hagelin before I trade MDZ every day of the week.
If I was to dangle MDZ in a trade I would hope that every GM believes that he is a future Norris trophy winner. As a matter of fact I would send them MDZ highlights just in case they forgot.

The question I would ask each GM is.... what are you prepared to trade me for the future hall of famer?

In short order, I would quickly find out DZ's worth in the market. Then again, after a series of talks with various GM's I'm sure Sather already knows.

Trade Kreider? Not a chance. He's a future hall of famer. Any offers for his services?

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:44 PM
  #915
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Kane=Del Zotto? Really?

I know Kane hasn't accomplished much yet but as I just mentioned he will turn into an 80 point forward so going off the merit of potential alone as good as Del Zotto is and as much as I like him he's not in the same league as Kane when theyre both at their peaks.

Kane will be an 80 point forward? I disagree. Not too many players can score 80 points in this NHL and the ones who do are mostly elite. I think Kane will be a 55-60 point guy due to the lack of assists. He will score a ton of goals but not really get assists. A 30g guy with about 18-20 assists.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:45 PM
  #916
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Why trade Del Zotto?? I need a good reason why you wanna trade the 21 year old kid who puts up 40 points on our offensively challenged team.
Dude...are you deliberately ignoring who the trade is for?

Evander Kane is a 20 year old 30 goal scorer. You have to give to get. Is this really a hard concept to grasp?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:47 PM
  #917
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Kane=Del Zotto? Really?

I know Kane hasn't accomplished much yet but as I just mentioned he will turn into an 80 point forward so going off the merit of potential alone as good as Del Zotto is and as much as I like him he's not in the same league as Kane when theyre both at their peaks.
Del Zotto is ****ing 21 and scored 40+ points.

He can be a 60 point defensemen in his prime.

Yea Del Zotto = Kane. Its fair value from two different positions.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:48 PM
  #918
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Kane will be an 80 point forward? I disagree. Not too many players can score 80 points in this NHL and the ones who do are mostly elite. I think Kane will be a 55-60 point guy due to the lack of assists. He will score a ton of goals but not really get assists. A 30g guy with about 18-20 assists.
He had 57 PTS in a short season as a 20yr old...

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:49 PM
  #919
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Dude...are you deliberately ignoring who the trade is for?

Evander Kane is a 20 year old 30 goal scorer. You have to give to get. Is this really a hard concept to grasp?

Huh? How many times has he scored 30 goals? Once? Doesn't make him a 30 goal scorer, that's a joke. Mike Green scored 30 goals a few years ago, is he a 30 goal scorer?

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:50 PM
  #920
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
He had 57 PTS in a short season as a 20yr old...


Ok, still not 80...

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:50 PM
  #921
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Huh? How many times has he scored 30 goals? Once? Doesn't make him a 30 goal scorer, that's a joke. Mike Green scored 30 goals a few years ago, is he a 30 goal scorer?
Are you dense?

He's 20 years old.

Twenty.

Yea...he's a 30 goal scorer.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:53 PM
  #922
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Ok, still not 80...
20yrs old... In three years he'd likely be our best forward.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:54 PM
  #923
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Are you dense?

He's 20 years old.

Twenty.

Yea...he's a 30 goal scorer.


Is Mike Green a 30 goal scorer? Answer the question. You seem to think just because someone scores 30 goals that it makes them out to be a 30 goal scorer. Might as well give him Rick Nash money now since he scored 30.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:55 PM
  #924
NewYorkRangers89*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
20yrs old... In three years he'd likely be our best forward.


DZ is 21, 40 points. In 3 years he will be our best offensive dman. Kane wouldn't be our best forward.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline  
Old
06-16-2012, 10:56 PM
  #925
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Del Zotto is ****ing 21 and scored 40+ points.

He can be a 60 point defensemen in his prime.

Yea Del Zotto = Kane. Its fair value from two different positions.
So what? Try to look at it from the other side. Kane is basically the same age and has already scored 30 goals. This kid hasn't even developed phyiscally yet and not only is he an amazing power forward but he's still growing.

HE WILL BE AN 80 POINT PLAYER IN THIS LEAGUE. I'm in no way short changing MDZ, he's going to be an incredible player, but there is some serious underrating of Kane in this thread. I don't think tou guys have any idea how good he's going to be.

New York RKY is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.