HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part V) - "ZP don't take kindly to us"

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2012, 10:59 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
So what? Try to look at it from the other side. Kane is basically the same age and has already scored 30 goals. This kid hasn't even developed phyiscally yet and not only is he an amazing power forward but he's still growing.

HE WILL BE AN 80 POINT PLAYER IN THIS LEAGUE. I'm in no way short changing MDZ, he's going to be an incredible player, but there is some serious underrating of Kane in this thread. I don't think tou guys have any idea how good he's going to be.

Since he is so good, would you trade Kreider+1st for Kane? I wouldn't.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:59 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
20yrs old... In three years he'd likely be our best forward.
This x1000.

We could only wish Kreider turns into something close to what Kane will be.

He will be better than Rick Nash in his prime I believe and would become our best forward in 2-3 years.

06-16-2012, 11:00 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkrangers89 View Post
is mike green a 30 goal scorer? Answer the question. You seem to think just because someone scores 30 goals that it makes them out to be a 30 goal scorer. Might as well give him rick nash money now since he scored 30.
wtf?

Old
06-16-2012, 11:01 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Is Mike Green a 30 goal scorer? Answer the question. You seem to think just because someone scores 30 goals that it makes them out to be a 30 goal scorer. Might as well give him Rick Nash money now since he scored 30.
Agree. Boyle must be a 20 goal scorer because of 1 year also. Get a grip. There is a huge difference between being a 30 goal scorer and a scorer who scored 30 goals in 1 year. Ovechkin is a 30 goal scorer. Stamkos is a 40 goal scorer. Hell. maybe a 50 goal scorer in today's day and age. Know why everyone? They put em up consistently year after year.

Last edited by TCRF: 06-16-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old
06-16-2012, 11:01 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Since he is so good, would you trade Kreider+1st for Kane? I wouldn't.
Yes I would.

At Kreider's peak potential I would hope he'd be an 80 point forward, but I'm not sure he'll ever attain that.

I can garauntee Kane will be an 80 point forward at least and say that withhout hesitation.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:02 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
wtf?

What i meant was in order to be labeled a 30 goal scorer you need to do it consistently. Graves scored 54 one year but he isn't a 50 goal scorer, just for that year he was. Kane was a 30 goal season this year but he is not career 30 goal scorer OR a consistent one.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:03 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Again in no way am I trying to hate on our players, but this kid scored 57 points AS A 20 YEAR OLD.

Figure out the type of player he will be at his peak if those are the numbers he's putting up now.

I think a lot of you haven't seen him play and are just going off stats.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:04 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

What i meant was in order to be labeled a 30 goal scorer you need to do it consistently. Graves scored 54 one year but he isn't a 50 goal scorer, just for that year he was. Kane was a 30 goal season this year but he is not career 30 goal scorer OR a consistent one.
He's twenty years old.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:05 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Again in no way am I trying to hate on our players, but this kid scored 57 points AS A 20 YEAR OLD.

Figure out the type of player he will be at his peak if those are the numbers he's putting up now.

I think a lot of you haven't seen him play and are just going off stats.

So if Del Zotto scores 100 points next year, will he be good in the future? Just because someone put up 57 points one season doesn't mean they will have success in their future.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:06 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Yes I would.

At Kreider's peak potential I would hope he'd be an 80 point forward, but I'm not sure he'll ever attain that.

I can garauntee Kane will be an 80 point forward at least and say that withhout hesitation.
Kane for Kreider is lateral.

If you have Kane and Kreider you don't need Gaborik in two years when his contract expires.

If you have Kane and not Kreider you have the same problem in less than two years.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 06-16-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old
06-16-2012, 11:06 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
He's twenty years old.

So? What's your point?

Old
06-16-2012, 11:09 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
So? What's your point?
You clearly have no clue...

So, Im not going to continue with this.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:10 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
You clearly have no clue...

So, Im not going to continue with this.

I have no clue but your the one who isn't gonna explain to me what being 20 years old has to do with points. Yeah ok.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
DZ is 21, 40 points. In 3 years he will be our best offensive dman. Kane wouldn't be our best forward.
Let me borrow your crystal ball when you're done with it. I'm not arguing about MDZ. I'm trying to educate you on Kane but it might be pointless to try considering you said you thought he would peak at 55-60 points and he's already had 57 as a 20 year old....

Old
06-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
I have no clue but your the one who isn't gonna explain to me what being 20 years old has to do with points. Yeah ok.
Seriously? Wow.

It's called experience and growth, two things that happen with age. The fact that he put up the PTS he did at 20 indicates that when he peaks in his prime he'll be much better.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:15 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Let me borrow your crystal ball when you're done with it. I'm not arguing about MDZ. I'm trying to educate you on Kane but it might be pointless to try considering you said you thought he would peak at 55-60 points and he's already had 57 as a 20 year old....

Lol your the one with the crystal ball, your telling me Kane is a 30 goal scorer so maybe you should lend me your crystal ball. Let's see if Kane can score 30 consistently, one year doesn't make your a 30 goal scorer. And yeah he hit 57 points this year, i think he will have about the same next year and the year after that.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:18 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Seriously? Wow.

It's called experience and growth, two things that happen with age. The fact that he put up the PTS he did at 20 indicates that when he peaks in his prime he'll be much better.

Stepan put up close to 50 points and he is 21, why do people wanna trade him? Since points is all your looking at here we might as well trade for every young kid scoring 57 points because that is a sign they will be great right? Please. Kane is a great player but an 80 point guy is a little bit crazy IMO, but you never know.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:18 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
No. Sorry. You don't trade Kreider for Kane.

That doesn't do anything for the organization. Its a lateral move.

If you have Kane and Kreider you don't need Gaborik in two years when his contract expires.

If you have Kane and not Kreider you have the same problem in less than two years.

That's not how successful teams operate.

Kreider isn't getting traded.
How is that a lateral move? Kreider has proven nothing in this league outside of one playoff run, while Kane has already put up big numbers.

This is how highly I view Kane: he is one of 3 players I would go all in for as the last missing offensive piece in right now, Kane, Ryan, and Eriksson.

As excited as I am to see Kreider develop I'm convinced you haven't really seen Kane play and as a Ranger fan there clearly is a bias there.

Would I rather have both Kane and Kreider? Hell yea!

But if I had to choose one or the other I would choose Kane 15 timss out of 10, he will be the better player and if you can't see that then I'm sorry and I dont need to explain it any furer because there really isn't much else to say off that.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Lol your the one with the crystal ball, your telling me Kane is a 30 goal scorer so maybe you should lend me your crystal ball. Let's see if Kane can score 30 consistently, one year doesn't make your a 30 goal scorer. And yeah he hit 57 points this year, i think he will have about the same next year and the year after that.
Haha ok buddy! You've impressed us all with your infinite wisdom.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:20 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
How is that a lateral move? Kreider has proven nothing in this league outside of one playoff run, while Kane has already put up big numbers.

This is how highly I view Kane: he is one of 3 players I would go all in for as the last missing offensive piece in right now, Kane, Ryan, and Eriksson.

As excited as I am to see Kreider develop I'm convinced you haven't really seen Kane play and as a Ranger fan there clearly is a bias there.

But if I had to choose one or the other I would choose Kane 15 timss out of 10, he will be the better player and if you can't see that then I'm sorry and I dont need to explain it any furer because there really isn't much else to say off that.
Its lateral.

You're trading a scorer for a scorer.

Besides, they're not trading Kreider.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:21 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Haha ok buddy! You've impressed us all with your infinite wisdom.

Ok good to know you enjoyed it, keep dreaming about Kane being an 80 point guy.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:22 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Stepan put up close to 50 points and he is 21, why do people wanna trade him? Since points is all your looking at here we might as well trade for every young kid scoring 57 points because that is a sign they will be great right? Please. Kane is a great player but an 80 point guy is a little bit crazy IMO, but you never know.
57 points as a punk little kid. He hasn't even phyiscally matured yet and he's already an insane power forward. He's so incredibly strong on his skates ansd his legs are built like tree trunks.

When he's physically matured I'm scared for whoever goes against him. 80 points is an easy goal for him to obtain outside of him getting a serious injury. this was only his 2nd year in the NHl as well.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Kanes potential is higher than Stepan's, I don't think anyone wants to trade Stepan but he'd likely be who the Jets request. Points isn't all I look at, I look at potential as well so there is a good chance Stepan improves on his points total. But you do realize he played college hockey right? He didn't make the jump after his draft year like Kane.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Its lateral.

You're trading a scorer for a scorer.

Besides, they're not trading Kreider.
Its not lateral when one scorer is going to be better than the other one, then it's called and upgrade on our end.

Old
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:

How can you say that if you haven't seen Kreider play more than 20 or so games either?

Closed Thread