HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Ribeiro to Anaheim

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2012, 10:41 PM
  #1
ericnut
Registered User
 
ericnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newport Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 5,547
vCash: 500
Mike Ribeiro to Anaheim

I doubt Dallas traded Ribeiro within a division, but it's possible. If so, what would you realistically want from Anaheim?

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:56 PM
  #2
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,423
vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
schultz, 2nd?

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:12 PM
  #3
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,031
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
schultz, 2nd?
Uhm... no. God no. I highly, highly doubt he signs here even with that extra time.

More than you'd be willing to pay, considering we're in the same division. Call me insane, but from Anaheim, I'd say 6th overall. There aren't many players I'm really interested in. DSP, maybe, but he's probably untouchable.

Eakin + 16th and Pirri + 18th were seen as good value for both sides. Take out the center prospect and I'd expect 4-5 spots up, or around there. And then make it the fact that it'll take some big overpayment to move him within the division and that's what I'd ask for.

It won't happen, though. That's too steep for Anaheim, and I doubt GMJN wants to see Ribs 6+ times next season.

Call me crazy, but that's what I'd do.

I'd be interested in if there'd be a possibility of adding to Ribs for Getzlaf, though. That'd be a big shake-up (obviously not gonna happen within the division though).

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:17 PM
  #4
ericnut
Registered User
 
ericnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newport Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 5,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Uhm... no. God no. I highly, highly doubt he signs here even with that extra time.

More than you'd be willing to pay, considering we're in the same division. Call me insane, but from Anaheim, I'd say 6th overall. There aren't many players I'm really interested in. DSP, maybe, but he's probably untouchable.

Eakin + 16th and Pirri + 18th were seen as good value for both sides. Take out the center prospect and I'd expect 4-5 spots up, or around there. And then make it the fact that it'll take some big overpayment to move him within the division and that's what I'd ask for.

It won't happen, though. That's too steep for Anaheim, and I doubt GMJN wants to see Ribs 6+ times next season.

Call me crazy, but that's what I'd do.

I'd be interested in if there'd be a possibility of adding to Ribs for Getzlaf, though. That'd be a big shake-up (obviously not gonna happen within the division though).
I doubt the 6th overall pick would be in play for a 32 year old center. I realize he's a great player, but he might be a little old to move that high of a pick.

But I do understand your concern, and I can see why you'd ask for the pick. What are your organizational needs? We have a very good prospect pool, and a couple of NHL ready prospects.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:20 PM
  #5
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller
 
Frozen Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,423
vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
We need centers more badly than you guys need centers. NHL ready talent.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:28 PM
  #6
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 14,898
vCash: 250
Screw the 6th overall I want Emerson Etem.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:31 PM
  #7
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,031
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Screw the 6th overall I want Emerson Etem.
I'm not gonna get into a debate, but I don't see his game translating to the NHL very well. Just a hunch, but I don't see him being anything more than an Alexander Giroux (if you even know who he is) type.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:35 PM
  #8
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 14,898
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I'm not gonna get into a debate, but I don't see his game translating to the NHL very well. Just a hunch, but I don't see him being anything more than an Alexander Giroux (if you even know who he is) type.
Based on what?

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:35 PM
  #9
piqued
Global Moderator
go
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,738
vCash: 27750
Almost had a heart attack before I saw "Proposal" in front.

Holland + 36th overall might be a starting point.


Last edited by piqued: 06-13-2012 at 11:42 PM.
piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:39 PM
  #10
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,031
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Based on what?
A hunch, as I said before. He'll probably prove me wrong, but I just don't see it.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:42 PM
  #11
ericnut
Registered User
 
ericnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newport Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 5,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Almost had a heart attack before I saw "Proposal" in front.
Ha!

Yeah, I'd feel the same way if I saw "Getzlaf to Dallas."

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:43 PM
  #12
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 14,898
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
A hunch, as I said before. He'll probably prove me wrong, but I just don't see it.
Damnit I'm bored at work toss me a bone here!

I'm asking if you've seen him and noticed something in his game that won't translate or if this is the hunchiest of hunches.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:47 PM
  #13
ericnut
Registered User
 
ericnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newport Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 5,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Damnit I'm bored at work toss me a bone here!

I'm asking if you've seen him and noticed something in his game that won't translate or if this is the hunchiest of hunches.
I actually had the exact same feeling until I saw him in the AHL. (Thank you internet!). The sample size is very small, only 6 games, but he got better every game. He scored 3 goals in 6 games, but didn't record any assist.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:50 PM
  #14
ericnut
Registered User
 
ericnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newport Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 5,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Almost had a heart attack before I saw "Proposal" in front.

Holland + 36th overall might be a starting point.
Ah... A realistic Dallas fan. I like this.

Holland and the 36th overall would definitely be available.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:51 PM
  #15
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 14,898
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
I actually had the exact same feeling until I saw him in the AHL. (Thank you internet!). The sample size is very small, only 6 games, but he got better every game. He scored 3 goals in 6 games, but didn't record any assist.
I never got a chance to see him play but I read up on him a fair bit before his draft and liked what I heard. His big season this year didn't do anything to hurt that impression in my mind. My hunch says this kid could be good because he clearly has some level of goal scoring touch and I've heard his work ethic is top notch.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:54 PM
  #16
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,031
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Damnit I'm bored at work toss me a bone here!

I'm asking if you've seen him and noticed something in his game that won't translate or if this is the hunchiest of hunches.
Honestly, I've only seen him play except at the WJC. And I don't even recall much from that. It's just a weird hunch, like me liking the Campbell pick from the get go (heh).

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:54 PM
  #17
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,266
vCash: 500
Sbisa please

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:54 PM
  #18
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 14,898
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Holland + 36th overall might be a starting point.
I like this too.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:55 PM
  #19
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,031
vCash: 157
Would I be wrong in saying Fraser is a poor man's Etem?

Not all that great skating, not very physical, doesn't do much at all but score. But man, can he score.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:55 PM
  #20
ericnut
Registered User
 
ericnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newport Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 5,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I never got a chance to see him play but I read up on him a fair bit before his draft and liked what I heard. His big season this year didn't do anything to hurt that impression in my mind. My hunch says this kid could be good because he clearly has some level of goal scoring touch and I've heard his work ethic is top notch.
He's on the record as saying he wants to be the best player from his draft class. And he's working out extremely hard this off-season -- he wants to make the team this upcoming season.

I really like his drive, and I think he will become a very good top-6 player in the NHL.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:55 PM
  #21
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,793
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Ah... A realistic Dallas fan. I like this.

Holland and the 36th overall would definitely be available.
If Dallas' pro scouts feel Holland was NHL ready, I'd say they'd jump at that deal.

They get a center, and they get another Top 50 pick.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:57 PM
  #22
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,031
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Holland + 36th overall might be a starting point.
I'm okay with this too. Would like a bit more, as we've had better offers, but it's a good start.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 11:59 PM
  #23
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,793
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I'm okay with this too. Would like a bit more, as we've had better offers, but it's a good start.
I'd argue the majority of those "better" offers aren't nearly as realistic though.

Since Dallas will likely ... hopefully ... only be in the Pacific for 1 more season, the trade might not be that big of deal.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:00 AM
  #24
ericnut
Registered User
 
ericnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newport Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 5,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I like this too.
Any other takers?

Peter Holland is 6"3 and 21 years old. He was Drafted 15th overall in 2009.

Here's his talent analysis according to Hockey's Future:

Quote:
Holland has begun to put his game together in the past couple of seasons. Where he was a player who could have been described as having all the tools but no tool box, Holland has evened out his effort and consistency. He is a big player with a soft touch. Although he is more of a shoot-first center, he has the vision and passing skills to be a respectable setup man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Would I be wrong in saying Fraser is a poor man's Etem?

Not all that great skating, not very physical, doesn't do much at all but score. But man, can he score.
Etem is actually a pretty good skater, and he's very fast. He will either make the team as a top-6 forward or be sent back to the AHL (according to Bob Murray). The last time the Ducks said that was with Bobby Ryan, and we all know how that turned out.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 12:00 AM
  #25
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I'd argue the majority of those "better" offers aren't nearly as realistic though.

Since Dallas will likely ... hopefully ... only be in the Pacific for 1 more season, the trade might not be that big of deal.
I hope you are right, but I also hope you aren't planning on holding your breath about realignment.


Last edited by Mr Misty: 06-14-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.