HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The All Things Parise Thread (Part III)

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
It's not about him going to Minnesota, it's the fact that this is perfect leverage for Zach's agent to use.
No matter what number Lou sends his way, it can be twisted to look like peanuts compared to what else is out there.

That's all his agent has to beat into his head - that there are better numbers out there and we're pretty much handcuffed from doing diddly squat before July 1st.

That's why it's tampering.
Ya, supposedly the former Whalers made it known through back channels that they plan to throw a huge contract at Parise too. I see stuff like that and wonder how it isn't tampering. Just the fact that he has an idea of what the offers are, hinders our ability to re-sign him before he hits the open market. It's playing dirty.

Hopefully Parise is sincere enough in the dedication he showed to the Devils today with his words, to ignore all that and strike a deal with Lou before other teams start trying to throw silly money at him.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:33 PM
CerebralGenesis

I think it will be a minor miracle for him to resign before 7/1. I do like them minor errr miracles though.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:34 PM
kiwidevil

So we sign Parise, pick up Cam Ward and Cal Clutterbuck through tampering. Sorted.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I literally laughed out loud.

That's fantastic material.
It's as close as they could have gotten to "twinkle brah" without actually saying that. Uh, again.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Richer's Ghost
GO SJ & CBJ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Parise's pricetag might be so high now, that as much as I love Parise, I might not want him back.

I'm not 100% convinced he's the same player as before the injury, and his playoff performance was less than stellar.
Parise was 2nd in scoring on the Devils and tied overall in the playoffs with 8 goals. We go from saying he's got to make it past the first round and put up some points to prove he's got leadership to now it's not good enough? (not you specifically but you commented here) Where the hell was the proven Mr. Clutch Elias? I think Zach did fine considering he got 'stuck' with a broken Kovalchuk on the opposite wing and Zajac was 3rd in points behind both of them. There's only so much scoring you can do with 2 1/3rd players on your line and the scoring distributed so much between the 3. I say his stats were victim to the roster play, not his play.

Henrique at +12 and 4th in scoring was the true hidden gem these playoffs behind the obvious Salvador.

We're all a bunch of sausage sticks walking around. None of us really wants to see how we were made.
Old
06-13-2012, 11:42 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Some Rangers fans don't believe Parise and his flat, repeated "no". One said he didn't make eye contact, another said he had a "nervous look".

Where do they come up with this stuff?
The transition in my office today went as such:

-He sucks. Let Jersey overpay for a playoff choker and go bankrupt because of it
-WAAHH we didn't want him anyway
-Purely lip service for his last day, he wants MSG $$ and is going to be a reverse Gomez
-Parise is just saying that to keep Devils fans from going suicidal after being embarrassed by the kings
-He REALLY REALLY wants to be a Ranger and is only saying that so Sather gives him more money. He's a Ranger next season... easy.

These people are real. And they're functioning members of our society.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

No contending team can really afford to throw silly money at him anyway though, right? Ya Minny could offer him the franchise, but who's to say he doesn't pull a Kovy and tells them to cram it?

It is annoying because of the leverage it gives Zach's agent to play hardball. Who knows, but Lou's assassination tampering squads are on their way to Minn as we speak?

Old
06-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
The transition in my office today went as such:

-He sucks. Let Jersey overpay for a playoff choker and go bankrupt because of it
-WAAHH we didn't want him anyway
-Purely lip service for his last day, he wants MSG $$ and is going to be a reverse Gomez
-Parise is just saying that to keep Devils fans from going suicidal after being embarrassed by the kings
-He REALLY REALLY wants to be a Ranger and is only saying that so Sather gives him more money. He's a Ranger next season... easy.

These people are real. And they're functioning members of our society.
Don't Sather really want Rick Nash more then anyone though? Isn't all the Zach to Rags talk more their obsession with us?

Old
06-13-2012, 11:48 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Isn't all the Zach to Rags talk more their obsession with us?
Bingo.
Not all Ranger fans... but the ones who muster up the lunacy to unload this nonsense at every opportunity? Totally.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

What the hell is a "reverse Gomez" anyway? A guy who doesn't cost much and produces a ton?

Old
06-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
What the hell is a "reverse Gomez" anyway? A guy who doesn't cost much and produces a ton?
/thread

But seriously they can make websites about reverse Gomez and all the time that passed since he last went goalless.

Old
06-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Henrique at +12 and 4th in scoring was the true hidden gem these playoffs behind the obvious Salvador.
This is remarkable considering neither played for the Kings.

Quote:
A non-b*tch who scores 365 times per year?

Last edited by Getzo5: 06-14-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old
06-14-2012, 12:01 AM
JackedDevilsFan*
Sign Suter&Garrison!

unless Parise gets offered 12 million a year for ten years he is going to wait until july 1st

this is his future and probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for him to secure his finances for life.

he is listening to his agent right now most likely on how to proceed

If Parise leaves the Devils I think he will get the Gomez curse and suck the rest of his career

Old
06-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Old
06-14-2012, 12:04 AM
manilaNJ

Quote:
the apparent translation:

Me: the **** is a reverse Gomez?
Jackbag coworker: Someone we steal from your pathetic organization that is finally worth every penny

but i like this better:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
A non-b*tch who scores 365 times per year?

Old
06-14-2012, 12:05 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Parise was 2nd in scoring on the Devils and tied overall in the playoffs with 8 goals. We go from saying he's got to make it past the first round and put up some points to prove he's got leadership to now it's not good enough? (not you specifically but you commented here) Where the hell was the proven Mr. Clutch Elias? I think Zach did fine considering he got 'stuck' with a broken Kovalchuk on the opposite wing and Zajac was 3rd in points behind both of them. There's only so much scoring you can do with 2 1/3rd players on your line and the scoring distributed so much between the 3. I say his stats were victim to the roster play, not his play.
Two of his 8 goals were ENG. Yes, scoring was down in general these playoffs I think (ex-Bryzcheese+MAF), and I do think Kovy was an anchor, but regardless he was still subpar. Keep in mind, if the $$$ talk from Minny is to be believed, this could be an NHL record breaking contract, and if that's so, I have serious worries.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:05 AM
manilaNJ

Quote:
ohh my god. yes.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:09 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

http://didgomezscore.com/

Old
06-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Richer's Ghost
GO SJ & CBJ

Quote:
Two of his 8 goals were ENG. Yes, scoring was down in general these playoffs I think (ex-Bryzcheese+MAF), and I do think Kovy was an anchor, but regardless he was still subpar. Keep in mind, if the $$$ talk from Minny is to be believed, this could be an NHL record breaking contract, and if that's so, I have serious worries.
I didn't look to see how many of the other 8 goal scorers had ENGs but fair enough. I just think the final results sorta hold true given how many of the Devils went silent like Elias and Clarkson.

Personally I think Parise is cut from the same cloth as Marty and Elias. Fair money will be enough and it won't be a ransom to stay. He may even go full Marty and take the discount to field a quality team consisting of maybe a good friend on D to boost things up the next level.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
I laughed so hard at this.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:15 AM
JackedDevilsFan*
Sign Suter&Garrison!

Marty should just sign for the league minimum so we can surround him with an all star team

thats if he really just wants one more chance at winning the cup

Old
06-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Personally I think Parise is cut from the same cloth as Marty and Elias. Fair money will be enough and it won't be a ransom to stay. He may even go full Marty and take the discount to field a quality team consisting of maybe a good friend on D to boost things up the next level.
I tend to believe Parise when he says that his preference would be to be a Devils lifer. But he won't be taking a discount. Not on this contract, anyway.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Richer's Ghost
GO SJ & CBJ

lol - sign Marty to a $2M contract with a wink/nod and then pay him $4M a year to be the goalie coach after he retires.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:22 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Probably the same as a reverse vampire. Someone who is immune to sunlight and has a reflection.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:29 AM
BrodeursCups
Almost showtime...

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I think I may go back in time and find a new quote for my signature

Closed Thread