HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Things Parise Thread (Part III)

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 11:56 AM
CerebralGenesis

vCash: 500
Lol so let's see if Parise values the $ or the W. Looks like Minny might be throwing monster money at him, but they won't be doing a ton. Heck, they will cripple their cap and salary doing this.

Old
06-14-2012, 11:57 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Just so we're all on the same page - this is article and the quotes we're all referencing.

“No one is going to outbid the Wild” for Parise, says former Minnesota GM Nanne

Edit: So it's not just some guy speculating aimlessly on the air about what the Wild will do. He's stating things that were directly told to him by Wild management. It's tampering with a middle man. Loop hole, for sure. But still... ******.
Zach has said from day #1 that his main goal is to be part of a competitive organisation and the Wild don't fit the mold IMO. Detroit or any other top teams, I can see him signing there but Minny? C'mon now.

If he does go there for all the money in the world, it means he was BS'ing everyone, period.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:02 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Zach has said from day #1 that his main goal is to be part of a competitive organisation and the Wild don't fit the mold IMO. Detroit or any other top teams, I can see him signing there but Minny? C'mon now.

If he does go there for all the money in the world, it means he was BS'ing everyone, period.
But, again, the problem isn't that the Wild are doing anything to persuade him over there.

What's happening, though, is that the Wild have helped to drive up the cost of an already high asking price for a UFA. We already knew Zach would come with a pretty price tag... but it's disingenuous to say that this leak from the Wild won't have any influence on what type of contract his agent will push for.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:02 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Or Dad has more influence than people realize.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Don't ge me wrong, Lou will try and talk to Parise or his agent as often as possible before the deadline, I agree on that part but there's no way he's signing anything before july 1st.

We'll just have a slight advantage over the competition by giving him our offer 1st, before the 29 other teams can and that's about it.
Ok, maybe I misinterpreted what you said when you posted that they wouldn't talk until 14 days from now.

Quote:
But, again, the problem isn't that the Wild are doing anything to persuade him over there.

What's happening, though, is that the Wild have helped to drive up the cost of an already high asking price for a UFA. We already knew Zach would come with a pretty price tag... but it's disingenuous to say that this leak from the Wild won't have any influence on what type of contract his agent will push for.
Ya, if nothing else, this raises the price for us, and that annoys me.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:05 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
Everyone knows teams are going to go balls out to sign him. This is no secret.
True, but he is still under contract with NJ and even though you are right, everyone else has to keep their mouth shut in public.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:06 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Accusing people of tampering: Libel and defamatory

Old
06-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Just so we're all on the same page - this is article and the quotes we're all referencing.

“No one is going to outbid the Wild” for Parise, says former Minnesota GM Nanne

Edit: So it's not just some guy speculating aimlessly on the air about what the Wild will do. He's stating things that were directly told to him by Wild management. It's tampering with a middle man. Loop hole, for sure. But still... ******.
dude its the definition of hearsay.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:09 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
dude its the definition of hearsay.
It's deliberate. And it's circumventing tampering rules.
That's what we're arguing.

Nothing will come of it, most of us aren't even pushing that anything should come of it.
We're still pissed at what's been done, though.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:11 PM
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
If Daddy Parise did, Zach wouldn't have ruled out the Rangers already.

So JP's opinion means **** to Zach.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:11 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
If a 27 year old grown man has to listen to his daddy in order to make his own ****ing decision....

Old
06-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Tampering doesn't have the same standard of proof as evidence in a court case. And we've seen before in the Kovy case that it doesn't matter if you followed the letter of the law, if you violated the spirit of the CBA.

This is pretty clearly a dirty trick designed to push Parise toward hitting the open market, and dissuade him from re-signing before seeing their "huge offer".

Old
06-14-2012, 12:14 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I might be wrong, but didn't Holland say he'd go hard after Suter? Why is no one talking about that?

Old
06-14-2012, 12:14 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
if i went on the radio and said that the Wild GM told me something, does it mean its true?

it does not mean its true. its called "hearsay"

you guys are WAY too touchy on this subject. move on.
You are making this out to be some random caller to some nameless Minnesota talk show saying he ran into the GM at Panera's and he told him they wouldn't be outbid for Zach. Clearly that would have no credibility.

That's way different than a guy who's in hockey, who has ties to the organization (not current contractual ties, but certainly ties nonetheless) stating the same thing through the media and that they would more or less be offering him a blank check in public - and literally hours after Zach indicated he would be receptive to a pre-July 1 signing and how happy he was here.

If this kind of thing is allowed to stand (which it probably will) I GUARANTEE you at least 5-10 teams will be trying something similar the next offseason, if not sooner. Then when we wind up doing it, the NHL will close the loophole, fine us a 1st and a 3rd and $3 million dollars.

Last edited by NJDevs26: 06-14-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old
06-14-2012, 12:15 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

JP was just excited to get microphones in front of his face. He just wanted to hear himself talk and see his name in the newspaper.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:16 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
I might be wrong, but didn't Holland say he'd go hard after Suter? Why is no one talking about that?
Perhaps I missed something, but as far as I remember, he just indicated that there are "certain" free agents out there that he'd be willing to trade negotiating rights for.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:21 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
I think BG is right that the Wild were up too dirty tricks with Nanne saying what he said, BUT he is not an employee anymore, the Wild found a loop hole.
So they violated the spirit of the tampering rule, eh?

Ironically, the word "tamper" only exists once in the CBA.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Devils86

Quote:

Heres the thing I disagree with...Its not going to drive the price up at least for us. This isnt MLB and he is not Albert Puljos. The days of Kovy contrats are over. The number is going to be close to 60 million. If someone offers 70plus. Thanks for the 7 years Zach. With the new CBA coming the cap will not be 70 mil next year. Going to be closer to 64.5 like this year. If the Wild want to spend 7.5 cap on parise..so be it.
What may be an issue is structure. Richards is getting 24 of the 59 mil in the first 2 years.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:24 PM
CerebralGenesis

ya it's all about the spirit in the NHL so it seems mostly arbitrary who gets fined and whatnot

Old
06-14-2012, 12:24 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
If a 27 year old grown man has to listen to his daddy in order to make his own ****ing decision....
Scott Gomez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Tampering doesn't have the same standard of proof as evidence in a court case. And we've seen before in the Kovy case that it doesn't matter if you followed the letter of the law, if you violated the spirit of the CBA.
Yes; the NHL is a private league that can do pretty much whatever the hell it wishes.

We saw that with Kovy where the Devils were fined $3M, and lost a 1st and a 3rd round draft pick for "cheating slightly worse than unpenalized cheaters".

Which is why I wont be shocked if the NHL goes after Minnesota here, this is blatantly obvious, and I think it reaches tampering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
You are making this out to be some random caller to some nameless Minnesota talk show saying he ran into the GM at Panera's and he told him they wouldn't be outbid for Zach.
Not to mention, Lou Nanne was an NHL Head GM.

If there are a select FEW people on the entire planet that would and should have understand the ramifications of what he was saying, Nanne would be among them.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:25 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
Heres the thing I disagree with...Its not going to drive the price up at least for us. This isnt MLB and he is not Albert Puljos. The days of Kovy contrats are over. The number is going to be close to 60 million. If someone offers 70plus. Thanks for the 7 years Zach. With the new CBA coming the cap will not be 70 mil next year. Going to be closer to 64.5 like this year. If the Wild want to spend 7.5 cap on parise..so be it.
What may be an issue is structure. Richards is getting 24 of the 59 mil in the first 2 years.
60-70? After the Wild's comments, a 12-100 deal (from them) wouldn't shock me in the least. And twelve years would take Zach to what, 40? That wouldn't be frowned on and 12's the longest 'accepted' length of a deal other than the DiPi fiasco.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Devils86

Quote:
JP is a tool.(IMO)
Mommy told Neids where to play, and Gomez dad treated Scott like a 16 year old girl whos dad refuses to let her date a certain boy.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:26 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal

i emailed sean hannity. hes on this ****.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:27 PM
CerebralGenesis

I would guess something like 12 years 100 million.

Old
06-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
60-70? After the Wild's comments, a 12-100 deal (from them) wouldn't shock me in the least. And twelve years would take Zach to what, 40? That wouldn't be frowned on and 12's the longest 'accepted' length of a deal other than the DiPi fiasco.
Maybe..but thats wading very very close into Kovy area again. Maybe I'm wrong but has there been such a contract since Kovy? If thats the contract let him go. I've said before parise is a motor player. A good comperable is Chris Drury and his motor died. If a team offers parise anything that carries him past 10 years they are fools.

Closed Thread