HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres New Media Summit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2012, 04:46 PM
  #1
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,968
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Sabres New Media Summit

Didn't see a thread for this. Happening right now and some interesting tidbits being revealed.

- ICE Network -- just a page with all their social network info, not that big of a deal
- RJ apparently being re-signed for multiple years?

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
  #2
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,968
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|BUF|home

- Rob Ray will be a full-time color analyst now. Interesting.
- There will be a new radio program on wGR550, 10am-12pm M-F called "Sabres Hockey Hotline" hosted by Kevin Sylvester. Great news.
- Brian Duff signed a new deal and will be the full-time in-game host for games and host the pre-game and post-game shows, as well as intermission reports. GREAT.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:52 PM
  #3
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,968
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
- Harry Neale will provide analysis before the game/during intermissions. No more booth.
- Sabres games in NYC will no longer use Rangers/Isles/Devils feed

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:54 PM
  #4
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster
 
Connor McDavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 12,404
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|BUF|home

- Rob Ray will be a full-time color analyst now. Interesting.
- There will be a new radio program on wGR550, 10am-12pm M-F called "Sabres Hockey Hotline" hosted by Kevin Sylvester. Great news.
- Brian Duff signed a new deal and will be the full-time in-game host for games and host the pre-game and post-game shows, as well as intermission reports. GREAT.
- Harry Neale will provide analysis before the game/during intermissions. No more booth.
- Sabres games in NYC will no longer use Rangers/Isles/Devils feed

- That's bad.
- That's good!
- That's good!
- That's both.
- That's good!


Well clearly this is a Good Thing.

Connor McDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:01 PM
  #5
littletonhockeycoach
Registered User
 
littletonhockeycoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Littleton, Co
Country: United States
Posts: 2,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
- Harry Neale will provide analysis before the game/during intermissions. No more booth.
- Sabres games in NYC will no longer use Rangers/Isles/Devils feed
That's positive!

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:38 PM
  #6
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com
 
Buffalo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
Very encouraged by the changes.

Not crazy about Ray as a color guy but he can't be worse than Harry at this point.

LOVE having Duff as the full-time host though.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:39 PM
  #7
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,219
vCash: 500
It appears as if they actually listened to that survey they released awhile back about the broadcast team.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:03 PM
  #8
Rhett4
Cassidy Must Go
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amerks #ROC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatterson14206 View Post
It appears as if they actually listened to that survey they released awhile back about the broadcast team.
Any idea what the questions and results were?

Also, anything else of importance from the summit? Thanks for the updates, all.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:40 PM
  #9
MayDay
Registered User
 
MayDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mount Kisco, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,590
vCash: 500
Remember a few years ago when the Sabres produced their own weekly podcast? Typically news of the previous week plus a decent length player interview.

I wish they'd bring that back.

Now they still release audio in podcast form, but usually just short post-game interviews and stuff like that. No analysis or discussion.

MayDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:42 PM
  #10
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
Any idea what the questions and results were?

Also, anything else of importance from the summit? Thanks for the updates, all.
Sort of. They asked a bunch of questions about me, they asked some questions like "would you be interested in such and such tv show at such and such a time"

The bulk was "Evaluate Brian Duff's professionalism"
"Evaluate Brian Duff's hockey knowledge"

There were 4-5 questions like this for each and every member of the broadcast team. I was actually excited to take a survey, they legitimate cared what people thought and then took that into account.

I doubt they'd release the results in public, it would be quite rude and humiliating if a person scored really low across the board and Sabres management just blared it out to the world that lots of people don't like them.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:48 PM
  #11
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 36,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
Remember a few years ago when the Sabres produced their own weekly podcast? Typically news of the previous week plus a decent length player interview.

I wish they'd bring that back.

Now they still release audio in podcast form, but usually just short post-game interviews and stuff like that. No analysis or discussion.
While not the same, I would think K-sly's daily show wil fill that void. Particularly with the WGR audiovault.


Last edited by joshjull: 06-12-2012 at 10:19 AM.
joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:56 PM
  #12
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
Remember a few years ago when the Sabres produced their own weekly podcast? Typically news of the previous week plus a decent length player interview.

I wish they'd bring that back.

Now they still release audio in podcast form, but usually just short post-game interviews and stuff like that. No analysis or discussion.
The best ones were the epic 45 minute interviews with Marty Biron. I wonder if those are still on the internet anymore?

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:36 PM
  #13
Insomniac99
Registered User
 
Insomniac99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Posts: 1,653
vCash: 500
I unno bout you, but all this listening to the fans stuff is doing is making me want to throw my money at them

Insomniac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:23 AM
  #14
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,228
vCash: 500
The countdown is on. 7 days.

Then, when half of the invited bloggers don't have a blog post up about the event, I start railing on them incessantly.

Other than that, good info.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:43 AM
  #15
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
The countdown is on. 7 days.

Then, when half of the invited bloggers don't have a blog post up about the event, I start railing on them incessantly.

Other than that, good info.
http://twointhebox.com/2012/06/12/th...basement-party

http://www.buffalowins.com/buffalo-s...g-changes.html

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:27 AM
  #16
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com
 
Buffalo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
The countdown is on. 7 days.

Then, when half of the invited bloggers don't have a blog post up about the event, I start railing on them incessantly.

Other than that, good info.
http://www.sabresinseven.com/2012/06...-summit-3-0-2/

I know ours (thehosers.com) will be coming shortly. I'm working in NYC right now and our attendee is currently studying for the bar, likely to post a (somewhat) brief recap tonight.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:35 AM
  #17
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,228
vCash: 500
I know that everyone there has jobs and stuff, so that's why I said I'm giving it a week.

Not that I'm some arbiter of blog-dom or anything, but it REALLY annoyed me that certain members of the blogging community pushed hard to get invited to these meetings, but then never bothered to WRITE about them.

I've been critical of TBN reporters in the past, and I think it's only fair if the bloggers get a certain amount of scrutiny too. If you're going to get this privilege of super inside access to the team, you damn well better use it, or you should lose it for someone who will.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:02 AM
  #18
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com
 
Buffalo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
I know that everyone there has jobs and stuff, so that's why I said I'm giving it a week.

Not that I'm some arbiter of blog-dom or anything, but it REALLY annoyed me that certain members of the blogging community pushed hard to get invited to these meetings, but then never bothered to WRITE about them.

I've been critical of TBN reporters in the past, and I think it's only fair if the bloggers get a certain amount of scrutiny too. If you're going to get this privilege of super inside access to the team, you damn well better use it, or you should lose it for someone who will.
I agree, anybody who was invited should absolutely be writing about it. Like you said, it's a privilege and it should be treated as such.

However, holding them to the same standard as TBN isn't fair either. TBN gets granted access and is paid to report their findings to the public.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:20 AM
  #19
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
I agree, anybody who was invited should absolutely be writing about it. Like you said, it's a privilege and it should be treated as such.

However, holding them to the same standard as TBN isn't fair either. TBN gets granted access and is paid to report their findings to the public.
I didn't mean to imply same standard as TBN. If it came across that way, I'm sorry.

Honestly, it's more about seeing them do SOMETHING with that access. A couple of these guys were in the press box multiple times last year, and never wrote a thing.

Something in between 'Yo, I was there', and a 5 page play by play would be nice.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:43 AM
  #20
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com
 
Buffalo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
I didn't mean to imply same standard as TBN. If it came across that way, I'm sorry.

Honestly, it's more about seeing them do SOMETHING with that access. A couple of these guys were in the press box multiple times last year, and never wrote a thing.

Something in between 'Yo, I was there', and a 5 page play by play would be nice.
Gotcha. Completely agree.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:58 AM
  #21
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,042
vCash: 500
Most interesting news for me out of this is that the sabres did not qualify for revenue sharing last year.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:23 PM
  #22
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com
 
Buffalo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
http://www.thehosers.com/2012/06/new...at-i-took.html

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:13 PM
  #23
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,949
vCash: 500
http://3rdmanin.net/2012/06/12/omar-...-media-summit/


3MI with a.....less than shining commentary. Mostly on the fact that it was very structured with pre-determined questions. He makes a great point though.

Quote:
Whether they like it or not, the organization has a reputation (not sure of how extended that is, but I’m aware of it) of keeping a lot of stuff “in-house.” Very rarely will you see anyone admit a mistake or a problem. I don’t see it so much being installed from current ownership as much as indoctrinated by the previous, and since, well, everyone is still there, there’s that culture.

So, please, tell me what will be accomplished from me asking questions or raising concerns when there’s already an answer waiting? Do you think they’d throw a member of their staff under the bus in public like that? Of course not. ****, you can see how they responded to the question about why there was no end-of-the-year press conference. And they know they ****ed that up. But there’s no way in hell they’d admit it.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:30 PM
  #24
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com
 
Buffalo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
http://3rdmanin.net/2012/06/12/omar-...-media-summit/


3MI with a.....less than shining commentary. Mostly on the fact that it was very structured with pre-determined questions. He makes a great point though.
That's pretty universal though, they're not going to disclose much information and they're not going to throw employees under the bus. Not sure what exactly he expected.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:41 PM
  #25
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com
 
Buffalo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
http://twointhebox.com/2012/06/12/re...webster-block/

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.