HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season ticket call

Old
06-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Fantom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
I'll preface this by saying he was 100% wrong.

Now, as a fan we're all pissed, frustrated and have no more patience. Those ticket reps have been beaten to death and their jobs are hell right now. I'm not surprised that he kind of flipped, they must get rejected all the time and are probably tired of hearing how laughable it is they got offered tickets for 100 different reasons when it's their jobs to sell them. Look at some of the comments here, about how this guy probably makes $8.75 or how they are underqualified. Tough job and probably have to fight for their jobs with a small market.

He should be fired but I can kind of sympathize with him.
I guess i am cruel. IT should not matter how much they make. To me that is a not a valid reason to treat people poorly. There was a better way to answer this. However he chose to go another route.
WHat are the odds Arthur Reads my email ?

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Islanderfan17

I told my father that this season we should finally can our season tickets and just buy through stubhub even if we want to go to the same amount of games. I don't see any point in my father to waste his money when the organization clearly isn't doing everything it can do to be a winner. If they make big off season moves? Sure, maybe, but that would never happen and we all know it.

Islanderfan17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
I told my father that this season we should finally can our season tickets and just buy through stubhub even if we want to go to the same amount of games. I don't see any point in my father to waste his money when the organization clearly isn't doing everything it can do to be a winner. If they make big off season moves? Sure, maybe, but that would never happen and we all know it.
i get can tickets for most home games for under 25 dollars per game. These seats are always low 300 level seats first 5 or 6 rows.
or 100 section or corner 200 level.
i can spend around 400 dollars and go to 20 or so games i wan tto go to

Old
06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
i get can tickets for most home games for under 25 dollars per game. These seats are always low 300 level seats first 5 or 6 rows.
or 100 section or corner 200 level.
i can spend around 400 dollars and go to 20 or so games i wan tto go to
How do you do that?

KrisBeKreame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Fantom

stub hub day of game. around lunch time they drop fast. Even craigs list works.
at that point the seller just want to get something for the ticket. last season i got tickets to a islaner ranger game for about 40 dollars each section 210

Old
06-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
I get called by them once a week and I tell them every time I'm not interested in season tickets please stop calling but nooooope next week comes along "Hi this is so and so from the New York Islanders" STOP IT.
Screen your calls. Caller ID and voice mail/answering machine are your friend.

They called me last year. I never returned the call.

"You're not a real fan" screams of immaturity and something you'd hear on um...........a message board. Guess $10 doesn't go too far these days.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:18 PM
seafoam

vCash: 446
Going to the organization will not doing anything because everyone there are Wang's puppets. If you really want to complain, do it to Newsday or the NHL. Sometimes I feel like we kinda' get forgotten about here on LI and maybe the NHL should finally realize that Wang is running this place like North Korea.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
Going to the organization will not doing anything because everyone there are Wang's puppets. If you really want to complain, do it to Newsday or the NHL. Sometimes I feel like we kinda' get forgotten about here on LI and maybe the NHL should finally realize that Wang is running this place like North Korea.
i sent a email to all 3. someone should respond

Old
06-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

Quote:

I e-mailed him last year just to ask some questions and he responded...but a week later because it was his Newsday e-mail account. He seems like a pretty nice guy, especially for taking the time to reply. I hope he responds to you as well.

His workload is lighter over the summer so he might have some more free time, but on the other hand that might be a reason not to check his work e-mail as often.

Poulin 0n My St1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 1000
Quote:
I guess i am cruel. IT should not matter how much they make. To me that is a not a valid reason to treat people poorly. There was a better way to answer this. However he chose to go another route.
I already said I think he should be fired. It was very wrong and stupid.

You're not cruel, you're a pissed off fan wanting answers, we all are.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:07 PM
camaro27

I get calls one a week as well and was told I am not a fan because I don't by season tixxs. I told the rep when the islanders and the owner start acting like a real team I will ask like a real fan and buy tixxs. I hope no ones season tixxs this year. People who buy tixxs have money to burn or just are fooled by the islanders bs

camaro27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:22 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
How do you do that?
Have you never looked for Islanders tickets on StubHub?

I got 2, 200 and low 300 level seats for less than $25 each several times last year. There's never a shortage of good seats at dirt cheap prices.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:30 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro27 View Post
I get calls one a week as well and was told I am not a fan because I don't by season tixxs. I told the rep when the islanders and the owner start acting like a real team I will ask like a real fan and buy tixxs. I hope no ones season tixxs this year. People who buy tixxs have money to burn or just are fooled by the islanders bs
As a consumer, if you spend money, you endorse everything the owner of the team does 100%, and you have no right to complain.

(put your money where your mouth is)

As i said many times, I love seeing the Isles live.

FROM THE OPPONENT'S ARENA. Not one dime spent on Charles B.Wang since 2001.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Fantom

Someone just called me from the islanders but i missed there call.
i will call them back shortly and fill you guys in.

Old
06-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
As a consumer, if you spend money, you endorse everything the owner of the team does 100%, and you have no right to complain.

I do not agree with you here. I almost feel the complete opposite of you here. Someone who is not paying or buying tickets really has no room to complain. Season ticket holders should have something to cry about. However if they are so angry just cancel there seats.

Old
06-14-2012, 05:06 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
I do not agree with you here. I almost feel the complete opposite of you here. Someone who is not paying or buying tickets really has no room to complain. Season ticket holders should have something to cry about. However if they are so angry just cancel there seats.
Then they have no rationale for being angry.

Why did Chrysler change, evolve, improve and go from awful K-cars to the Chrysler that had the minivan, the Viper and the Ram Diesel?

Because people stopped paying.

You circumvent the main tenet in business: you want money, you gotta earn it. You wanna know when you're not earning it? When people stop paying good money for your product or service.

So why make any improvements if the eager little buggers out there will spend thousands to see Jon Sim?

People continuing to pay good money for drek are the reason we have drek on the team.

They endorsed it 100% by handing over money. You don't buy seasons as a means to say you demand improvements.

That's just senseless.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:05 PM
lost35*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
It sounds like your comments may have set the tone and put him on the defensive, but no sales person should ever be rude.

We are a very angry fanbase.
agree with this, a polite "not interested" would have been suffice, or if you had to do an aggresive "not interested" if it was a pushy sales rep or even hang up on them, that would have been suffice

but it sounded like you wanted to engage them in some kind of battle

pointless arguing with some Sales Rep, it makes Isles fans look pathetic to be honest with you

lost35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Someone just called me from the islanders but i missed there call.
i will call them back shortly and fill you guys in.
Any update? Curious to see what they say.

06-14-2012, 10:45 PM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
Just because people don't want to shovel out (or can't afford to) $3K+ means they have no room to complain?

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:43 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
bump?

Old
06-15-2012, 05:02 AM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
SO i got a call yesterday about season tickets from the islanders. the sales person who i spoke with was generally rude about my questions i asked .
I told him that i was not looking into getting tickets because the team showed no sign of improvement. He then told me that when the team gets good tickets will be hard to come by and i should reconsider my position. I told the sales person that when they actually turn the page and stop cutting corners and "cheating the cap" i would then consider spending my hard earned money. I also told him i can get tickets like i been doing for the past 5 seasons online for 75% less then the season ticket price.
He then told me that i was not a real fan of the team and its fan like me that make them look bad.
I agree with the salesperson. You're not a real fan. I will go to almost every game again next year. Just like I have since 1998. This team can be in last place forever, but they are my team. Real fans suck it up. Fake fans cry about salesmen who don't tell them everything they want to hear

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Sparksrus3

I attend many events at mosoleum oops coliseum . With 4 kids there always seems to be something to do there.This year they stopped letting me in to buy tickets in advance,I mean I was told to back up and park between the booths and Hempstead tpke or I had to pay. This happened more than once.
One time I was buying hockey tickets and the other time monster truck tickets.The parking fee is just as much as some of the tickets.
And yes Adam from the Islanders has called me many times.I locked that number in my cell phone as the cell is the number I have always given them.
One for the thumb,LET'S GO ISLANDERS!

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post

As a disclaimer, you should note that you live on the West Coast. I totally understand your viewpoint, but it's a lot easier to avoid buying a product when it's not available in your area.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Bones45

Bizarre.. We had been STH for the past 10 or so years, and just cancelled this past season. I have spoken to several different agents over those 10 years and they were always very accomodating and understanding to all of my concerns. Selling ST's for a crappy team like this is an extremely hard job-- so I can't see why any agent would be so aggressive like that ( to the OP). Not saying it didn't happen, but I think it would be a very rare occurrance.

If you truly want to complain about the person you spoke to, I would GO to the Coliseum and talk to someone, or write a letter to the director of ticket sales (or some similar title). Newspapers and the media barely cover the teams GAMES, they certainly don't care about the he said/she said drama like this.

Last edited by Kevin27nyi: 06-15-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Don't get personal
Bones45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
i called them but got there voicemail as it was after 5pm. I will try again shortly