HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maxim Mayorov signs with Ak Bars

Old
04-25-2012, 07:44 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

vCash: 500
Maxim Mayorov signs with Ak Bars

http://transfers.fastsite.ru/?http%3...ews%2Fp3672%2F

Maxim Mayorov to "Ak Bars"

April 25, 2012
23:07

As previously reported Sportlar, NHL forward, "Columbus Blue Dzhekets' Maxim Mayorov signed a contract with Kazan" Ak Bars ".

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Never had a chance to make it with us. Or was it we never wanted to give him one? One of those

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 07:56 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Never had a chance to make it with us. Or was it we never wanted to give him one? One of those
I caught the wink, but for those taking this seriously... he had plenty of opportunities to make it with the club, but never showed much when he was up here. He was worth the gamble of a 4th round pick. I've always liked him as a player. Good luck in the K, Max!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:03 PM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

The Admiral Ak Bars? Don't go to the KHL....IT'S A TRAP!

DaveCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 08:05 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBusChill View Post
lol.

I feel bad for Eva. She's going to be inconsolable. Max is what he is. I had hopes for him after the preseason, but the fact remains, he's just not a full time NHLer.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:08 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

So what this means is we also Dodged the Nail Bullet.

NYet more Rooskies!

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:21 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBusChill View Post
I wonder what type of hockey system they play...

ClevelandJacketFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Hugg

I'm a big fan of the Blue Dzhekets spelling.

Hugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugg View Post
I'm a big fan of the Blue Dzhekets spelling.
The Atlanta board used to have The Glass Rod of Failure, which was based off of a butchered translation from a Russian media source involving one of their players.

I've been kicking around the idea of a user name switch...Blue Dzhekets is now on the list.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 12:13 AM
IHeartZherdev

this is what happens when you live with Fedor Tyutin. Your NHL career is ruined.

IHeartZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Good luck to him, he was never given a fair shot at this level. He looked every bit as effective in his short stint this season as guys like Gillies, Beyers, and Bass did. Hope he does great in the KHL, he at least deserve a shot to play, he wasn't ever going to get it on this team, a team that values talentless goons over trying to actually give skilled players a shot to do something.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 05:42 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Good luck to him, he was never given a fair shot at this level. He looked every bit as effective in his short stint this season as guys like Gillies, Beyers, and Bass did. Hope he does great in the KHL, he at least deserve a shot to play, he wasn't ever going to get it on this team, a team that values talentless goons over trying to actually give skilled players a shot to do something.
Which is now why he is in the KHL

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 05:54 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
lol.

I feel bad for Eva. She's going to be inconsolable. Max is what he is. I had hopes for him after the preseason, but the fact remains, he's just not a full time NHLer.
Why? IMO it is better for him. He never get a chance there. And KHL is better than AHL and Kazan is one of the best teams in KHL. I would give him offer to wont lost his rights and after Olympic games I would try him again, if he will play good. Btw, the team has his rights thats why I knew that he wont return to KHL before the season when he practised with Ufa.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:08 AM
Russian Spy

Kinda sad to read comments on AK BArs forum, like he's a guy for 4th maximum 3rd line, some guys even think that he won't stay with a big team for long and would be nice upgrade for Kazan's VHL(farm league) affiliated team Neftyanik Almetyevsk

he was rated pretty high back in days.

Good luck to Max anyway i wish he'd get his career back on track

Russian Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:00 AM
blahblah

Quote:
He barely looked as effective as Boll. And that was rare. He did nothing when he was up here, short of looking somewhat competitive in the pre-season and a couple of NHL games.

Let's play the compare the role player game. I liked Bass far more than MM, at any time. Gillies is a decent player for what he does. I didn't expect MM to play that game and he really didn't.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:24 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Spy View Post
Kinda sad to read comments on AK BArs forum, like he's a guy for 4th maximum 3rd line, some guys even think that he won't stay with a big team for long and would be nice upgrade for Kazan's VHL(farm league) affiliated team Neftyanik Almetyevsk

he was rated pretty high back in days.

Good luck to Max anyway i wish he'd get his career back on track
Fans of Ak Bars dont know ice hockey when they say this.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Old
04-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
He barely looked as effective as Boll. And that was rare. He did nothing when he was up here, short of looking somewhat competitive in the pre-season and a couple of NHL games.

Let's play the compare the role player game. I liked Bass far more than MM, at any time. Gillies is a decent player for what he does. I didn't expect MM to play that game and he really didn't.
Nor was he given a shot. And lets play the role game? I seem to recall the amazing Gillies being put on the 2nd line. Max wasn't ever given close to a fair shot at getting comfortable on this team, he was put on a checking line, yet you say you didn't expect him to play a role like Gillies, but obviously those jokes in suits thought he should. He was a skilled player, but never actually got an opportunity to play with a scorer, while a hack like Gillies was hand fed everything this season. Regardless it doesn't matter, he's gone, and hopefully players like Gillies, Byers, and Bass never see the NHL again, except Gillies can play limited 4th line minutes.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:01 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Nor was he given a shot. And lets play the role game? I seem to recall the amazing Gillies being put on the 2nd line. Max wasn't ever given close to a fair shot at getting comfortable on this team, he was put on a checking line, yet you say you didn't expect him to play a role like Gillies,
Gillies plays a different game. MM got his shot to start the season.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Doug19

On the third line with Pahlsson, not much of a shot for a skilled Russian, doesn't matter though, some players on the roster are required to earn it, while others are given it, just a fact I have to accept. I feel Max is one of the guys who should have been given an equal shot like Gillies was given.

Old
04-26-2012, 12:09 PM
blahblah

Quote:
On the third line with Pahlsson, not much of a shot for a skilled Russian, doesn't matter though, some players on the roster are required to earn it, while others are given it, just a fact I have to accept. I feel Max is one of the guys who should have been given an equal shot like Gillies was given.
Cry me a river. MM wasn't very good. I, for one, am glad the MM era is over.

This Gillies stuff is silly. He competed and he played his role well.

Old
04-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Xoggz22

Good luck to Max. I hope he can elevate his 0.5 ppg play at the AHL level in the Motherland. I was excited to get him at the time but unfortunately he couldn't seem to get to the next level.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Jacket

Mighty Maksim

Maksim looked great in the preseason games! I remembered him showing some hands that were, as Bisnasty2point0 would say, "softer than baby ****."

Unfortunately I can't find any proof - and that's probably why Maks is signing with a KHL team. Wish him the best of luck though and I like the suggestion to keep his rights.

Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Nordique

Maxim had alot of looks with the CBJ, he just didn't have what it takes to crack the line up.

I'm a Gillies fan....big, fast, and feisty. He's the kind of guy that rises up in big games....can't wait to see him in a playoff series. Mayorov showed great skill at times but never physically looked ready for the NHL...he's going to do well in the KHL.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:21 PM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
i also thought it was hilarious everyone would pencil him in the fourth line every offseason just for the sake of it.. oh well if you dont show anything to be up in the nhl this shouldnt be a suprise

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote