HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parise, Nash or Suter

View Poll Results: You can sign one (and only one) of the three:
Parise 28 32.56%
Nash 6 6.98%
Suter 52 60.47%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Falco5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Parise would be worth $7M for 3 or 4 or even 5 years. He would not be worth $7.5M over 8 years. He's a smallish guy who plays a big guy's game and takes a beating in front of the net. I don't see him having tons of longevity. Suter plays a safe, fundamentally sound game.
I totally understand the longevity argument which is why I don't like the idea of the sharks trying to sign him. For the short term I do see him as an elite nhl talent and I would be glad to pay him as one, but there is no way he is going to take a short term contract.

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:05 PM
StalockSuperfan

Parise. The difference between our forward group as of now and our forward group with Parise is huge. The difference between Boyle and Suter isn't nearly as great.

With Parise:
Parise - Thornton - Pavelski
Couture - Marleau - Havlat

Stuart - Boyle
Vlasic - Burns

With Suter:
Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski
Clowe - Couture - Halvat

Suter - Stuart
Vlasic - Burns

The first one is much much better.

StalockSuperfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:23 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
You should add Evander Kane to that list. Rumor has it he does not want to resign in Winnipeg and you guys have tons of assets to make a trade with the Jets.

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:36 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
You should add Evander Kane to that list. Rumor has it he does not want to resign in Winnipeg and you guys have tons of assets to make a trade with the Jets.
Who would you be interested in? We could offer Clowe, Pavelski, Marleau, Boyle, Murray... any prospect we have, or pick.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:39 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Who would you be interested in? We could offer Clowe, Pavelski, Marleau, Boyle, Murray... any prospect we have, or pick.
Evander Kane for Logan Couture?

Old
06-15-2012, 11:40 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Evander Kane for Logan Couture?
Pointless, basically a lateral move imo. Plus Logan is our #1c replacement for JT. Moving Logan for Kane doesnt make us better now, or long term. Pretty much anyone else not named Burns would be on the table though.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:41 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Quote:
Pointless, basically a lateral move imo. Plus Logan is our #1c replacement for JT. Moving Logan for Kane doesnt make us better now, or long term. Pretty much anyone else not named Burns would be on the table though.
Understandable Couture is a stud

Old
06-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Tealblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
Parise. The difference between our forward group as of now and our forward group with Parise is huge. The difference between Boyle and Suter isn't nearly as great.

With Parise:
Parise - Thornton - Pavelski
Couture - Marleau - Havlat

Stuart - Boyle
Vlasic - Burns

With Suter:
Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski
Clowe - Couture - Halvat

Suter - Stuart
Vlasic - Burns

The first one is much much better.
Parise lineup looks better IF this signing is the only thing we do. Most people seem to be saying if we get Suter we trade boyle and some of our slower forwards like clowe and/or pavs. In your lineup boyle just disappears lol.

I'd love to have Parise, it's unlikely but I would love the possibilities. I'd probably trade pavs in that lineup situation though. I really don't like him as a right winger on thornton's line, he and thornton combined = too slow.

So either way we need other moves.

I can see the merit of going for either guy really. Our D would be solid for years with Suter-burns, vlasic-demers(once he gets better defensively, Stuart until then)

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:54 AM
StalockSuperfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealblood View Post
Parise lineup looks better IF this signing is the only thing we do. Most people seem to be saying if we get Suter we trade boyle and some of our slower forwards like clowe and/or pavs. In your lineup boyle just disappears lol.

I'd love to have Parise, it's unlikely but I would love the possibilities. I'd probably trade pavs in that lineup situation though. I really don't like him as a right winger on thornton's line, he and thornton combined = too slow.

So either way we need other moves.

I can see the merit of going for either guy really. Our D would be solid for years with Suter-burns, vlasic-demers(once he gets better defensively, Stuart until then)
What kind of return do you expect for Boyle? Seriously, I want some names. Give me a proposal that would be fair, help both teams, and work salary-wise. I've thought long and hard about this and I can't come up with anything that makes sense. I figure a 1st, a prospect, and a cap dump is what we would get.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:16 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
What kind of return do you expect for Boyle? Seriously, I want some names. Give me a proposal that would be fair, help both teams, and work salary-wise. I've thought long and hard about this and I can't come up with anything that makes sense. I figure a 1st, a prospect, and a cap dump is what we would get.
Vancouver fans were reasonably accepting of a Boyle + Clowe for Edler + Higgins deal.

Old
06-16-2012, 07:22 PM
rangerssharks414

Suter, which means (unfortunately, since he's my favorite current Shark), Boyle can be traded.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 08:26 PM
dwood16

I'm not into Suter because his dad played here and I think Parise is soft. Nash is the best player of the bunch imo but has a bad contract. However, I think he can play up to his contract on a better team. We need speed without sacrificing grit and I think Nash is the best we could do. I also think he provides The Sharks roster with a ton of options. Juicy with Nash sounds awesome, Pavs with him sounds awesome, Jumbo and Nash might click..I'd even like to see Desjardins with Nash.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 08:34 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
I'm not into Suter because his dad played here and I think Parise is soft. Nash is the best player of the bunch imo but has a bad contract. However, I think he can play up to his contract on a better team. We need speed without sacrificing grit and I think Nash is the best we could do. I also think he provides The Sharks roster with a ton of options. Juicy with Nash sounds awesome, Pavs with him sounds awesome, Jumbo and Nash might click..I'd even like to see Desjardins with Nash.
Nothing soft about parise and suters dad never played here. Why does that even matter?

Old
06-16-2012, 09:17 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Nothing soft about parise and suters dad never played here. Why does that even matter?
To clarify. I meant I'm not into acquiring Suter solely based on the fact that Gary Suter played on the Sharks. It seems like a few might be. I'm not against either but I prefer Nash, that's all. I do think Parise is soft and didn't really impress me in the post season. He also seems to not always know when to shoot or pass.... or make the right play. I am obviously nit-picking a bit though.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:34 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
To clarify. I meant I'm not into acquiring Suter solely based on the fact that Gary Suter played on the Sharks. It seems like a few might be. I'm not against either but I prefer Nash, that's all. I do think Parise is soft and didn't really impress me in the post season. He also seems to not always know when to shoot or pass.... or make the right play. I am obviously nit-picking a bit though.
People don't want him because uncle Gary played here, they think he's an amazing player and they hope the family connection give us an edge in signing him.

Last edited by KirbyDots: 06-17-2012 at 05:20 AM.
KirbyDots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 09:38 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
People don't want him because uncle Gary played here, they think he's an amazing playing and they hope the family connection give us an edge in signing him.
Perhaps... but the pol is so lopsided in his favor, which is a bit crazy considering Rick Nash is on there. IMO. I think people are forgetting how good Nash is.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Perhaps... but the pol is so lopsided in his favor, which is a bit crazy considering Rick Nash is on there. IMO. I think people are forgetting how good Nash is.
It's a fairly easy choice for those who see that Suter is a free signing and Nash is going to cost an asset or four or five.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 10:00 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
It's a fairly easy choice for those who see that Suter is a free signing and Nash is going to cost an asset or four or five.
Agree in that regard but I took it as a 'if you could have any player' scenario. You're right though.

Old
06-16-2012, 10:31 PM
StalockSuperfan

Quote:
Vancouver fans were reasonably accepting of a Boyle + Clowe for Edler + Higgins deal.
VAN is going to take on over 5 million in cap space? Doubt it.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:15 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Agree in that regard but I took it as a 'if you could have any player' scenario. You're right though.
If I could have any player I would still choose Suter, without hesitation.

Nash is nothing special. He's all kinds of talent with very little execution (relatively). Heatley, for instance, posted better numbers than Nash ever has, and he was a complete failure here. I don't see any reason to believe Nash will be different. He's a player that relies on other players to be successful.

Suter on the other hand you could Pair with Wallin and he would not only still be the best player on the ice, he'd make Wallin look half decent too.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
If I could have any player I would still choose Suter, without hesitation.

Nash is nothing special. He's all kinds of talent with very little execution (relatively). Heatley, for instance, posted better numbers than Nash ever has, and he was a complete failure here. I don't see any reason to believe Nash will be different. He's a player that relies on other players to be successful.

Suter on the other hand you could Pair with Wallin and he would not only still be the best player on the ice, he'd make Wallin look half decent too.

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:02 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
He was a complete failure, at least in the sense that he did not return to career numbers (as Nash likely will not) and was shipped out of town relatively soon after being acquired.

I think that pretty much qualifies as a failure.

Old
06-17-2012, 01:08 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 691
Quote:
Understandable Couture is a stud
I would trade any player not named Logan Couture for Kane.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:28 AM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I would trade any player not named Logan Couture for Kane.
Why do you guys all want a retired boxer on the Sharks so badly?

MadmanSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
He was a complete failure, at least in the sense that he did not return to career numbers (as Nash likely will not) and was shipped out of town relatively soon after being acquired.

I think that pretty much qualifies as a failure.
Your standards for 'complete failure' is far too high. Heatley was a big part of why they made it to consecutive conference finals. He may have been individually disappointing in the second season but a complete failure or even failure is not what I'd consider Heatley being.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote