HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Wilderness & First Round Bust Present: Wild Prospect Handbook 11/12 Season Rev

Old
06-14-2012, 09:05 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
it sounded more like we were thinking about moving up for some reason.
Where did you hear something that sounded like that? The PONDcast interview of Fletcher had the question asked whether he wanted to move up and he replied:

"A lot of times it ends up that, picking 7th, you'll have the guy you have ranked 2nd or 3rd available. You don't want to lose those assets to move up if you'll end up picking the same player anyway."

Well, that's paraphrasing from memory. He mentioned he will consider moving up though.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:09 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
it sounded more like we were thinking about moving up for some reason.
I think they're hot for Galchenyuk and likely view him as the top prospect in the draft. If for some reason one of those teams in that range wanted to pass on him and allow the Wild to move up, I think that's the type of player they're referencing...

As for Koekkoek like him but I'm be a tad weary about picking him there. At this point, they'd derserve the benefit of the doubt if they've vetted all that out however. His mannerisms on the ice remind me a bit of Burns...

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
I would really like to get Galchenyuk.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 12:00 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post

As for Koekkoek like him but I'm be a tad weary about picking him there. At this point, they'd derserve the benefit of the doubt if they've vetted all that out however. His mannerisms on the ice remind me a bit of Burns...

But Brent Burns has shoddy hockey sense, and by all accounts Koekkoek is really solid in that area- plus look at who he'll have working with him coaching him up: Torchetti, Rick Wilson, Darryl Sydor, etc.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 01:16 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Honestly my only fear about Koekkoek is how he comes back from that shoulder surgery. Is he the same player after injury? We got to see Galchenyuk and Rielly demonstrate they're still the same guy after a missed season. Is Koekkoek going to come back the same, or will the shoulder injury put some hesitation into his play in the future? I wouldn't be disappointed in a Koekkoek selection, but I would be rather wary of it until he's able to get back into a real game.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 08:58 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Honestly my only fear about Koekkoek is how he comes back from that shoulder surgery. Is he the same player after injury? We got to see Galchenyuk and Rielly demonstrate they're still the same guy after a missed season. Is Koekkoek going to come back the same, or will the shoulder injury put some hesitation into his play in the future? I wouldn't be disappointed in a Koekkoek selection, but I would be rather wary of it until he's able to get back into a real game.

I can see where you are coming from, but he worked his ass off to try and be ready for the U18's, and the Doctors said he wouldn't be ready.
To me the work ethic that goes into the rehab counts as much as the play post-injury does. And he would have played through the injury with a harness if Peterborough didn't get killed with injuries early.

Fletcher saying "we want a guy who will have the best overall career" to me means that they'd look hard at a high ceiling semi-project like Koekkoek, Reinhart, etc.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote