HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, expansion and relocation, and NHL revenues.

Ville de Québec Part VI:VE le Quebec Hockey

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Brodie
see you space cowboy

vCash: 500
Ville de Québec Part VI:VE le Quebec Hockey

Continuez

Link to Part V: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1163453

Old
06-14-2012, 04:01 PM
JB52

Quote:
Not really. GB never said it was over in Atlanta. Instead he just popped up in Winnipeg to announce the sale of the team.
Come on! Do you really believe that GB can really hold a press conference tomorrow in Quebec city:

"We're sorry Glendale, but we're moving the team to Quebec City"

Things need to happen! Jamison needs to say is not buying the team, or Daly has to say they're now looking at plan B. Don't waste your time looking at plane, when GB held a press conference last year, everybody knew what he would say.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:07 PM
JB52

And, if I may add, all that Daly said for the moment is:

Quote:
"We have to look at and evaluate the complaint to see what, if any, impact it will have on the NHL moving forward," said NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly. "We obviously share Glendale's desire to proceed as previously contemplated."
It might be a beginning, but other things need to be said first. (Like: "Too bad Glendale")

Old
06-14-2012, 04:15 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

No presser before tuesday.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Yukon Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB52 View Post
Come on! Do you really believe that GB can really hold a press conference tomorrow in Quebec city:

"We're sorry Glendale, but we're moving the team to Quebec City"

Things need to happen! Jamison needs to say is not buying the team, or Daly has to say they're now looking at plan B. Don't waste your time looking at plane, when GB held a press conference last year, everybody knew what he would say.
No. GB isn't just going to pop up in Quebec City tomorrow.

But don't expect him to show up in Glendale to announce anything. Based on Atlanta, the league will move very quickly to try and pretend that the Phoenix Coyotes never existed, and will offer little in the way of apologies to the Phoenix fans.

Old
06-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Shawa666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
No. GB isn't just going to pop up in Quebec City tomorrow.

But don't expect him to show up in Glendale to announce anything. Based on Atlanta, the league will move very quickly to try and pretend that the Phoenix Coyotes never existed, and will offer little in the way of apologies to the Phoenix fans.
And IIRC, The Thrashers organisation was selling season tickets even after the move was announced.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

It is my belief that neither Daley or Bettman will be in Glendale when/if they decide to pull the plug on the Yotes.

Bettman will simply issue a statement to the media on the Coyotes demise and then show up in Quebec not too long afterward.

When such a thing would happen is anyone's guess.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawa666 View Post
And IIRC, The Thrashers organisation was selling season tickets even after the move was announced.
This is correct.

Even when TNSE was still working on closing the deal with ASG, Thrashers season tix were on sale; website was still up advertising them, etc.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

Quebec fans take note:

Things will happen lightening quick if they are headed in your direction.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:19 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

Quebec mayor today on TV on the DeBellevalle case

"I immediatly called Mr Bettman to tell him the court rejected DeBellevalle's motion". Labeaume said that, for the NHL, this motion was an handicap to Quebec city's chances of landing a team.

MMmmmmmmmM! I LOVE THIS!

Old
06-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcBlizzard View Post
Quebec mayor today on TV on the DeBellevalle case

"I immediatly called Mr Bettman to tell him the court rejected DeBellevalle's motion". Labeaume said that, for the NHL, this motion was an handicap to Quebec city's chances of landing a team.

MMmmmmmmmM! I LOVE THIS!
If all that is true, it doesn't sound to positive for a move this year. Afterall I would have thought the deal would have been done in principle and just waiting for Glendale's deal to blowup. Sounds like nothing has been done in Quebec. Wouldn't the prospective owner from Quebec inform Bettman of this apparent roadblock being lifted? Have they started digging yet?

Last edited by Confucius: 06-14-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old
06-14-2012, 06:30 PM
tadiran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
If all that is true, it doesn't sound to positive for a move this year. Afterall I would have thought the deal would have been done in principle and just waiting for Glendale's deal to blowup. Sounds like nothing has been done in Quebec. Have they started digging yet?
We start digging in september !

Last edited by tadiran: 06-14-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old
06-14-2012, 06:32 PM
JB52

No, I agree, he's not going to go in Glendale, he would risk to get tomatoes thrown on his nice suit, but I think we haven’t reach the critical point where we need to check for airplanes yet.

We're easy to get excited in Quebec. It makes me think of that time where Jacques Demers said at 8, that he was disappointed by the news concerning the Kostistyn, by 10 the news was that they would be arrested at the airport, around midnight they were suppose to be arrested for murder and at the end, well, the news was that they had a friend, who maybe, was in the mafia.

Last edited by JB52: 06-14-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old
06-14-2012, 06:32 PM
madhi19
Just the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jets View Post
It is my belief that neither Daley or Bettman will be in Glendale when/if they decide to pull the plug on the Yotes.

Bettman will simply issue a statement to the media on the Coyotes demise and then show up in Quebec not too long afterward.

When such a thing would happen is anyone's guess.
Tomorrow it Friday not a bad day to give bad news to peoples. Say a press release in the morning by the NHL office to announce the death of the Coyotes and quick flight to Qc for an afternoon press conference season tickets are sold by Saturday morning. I think no matter when they decide to pull the plug it can be done under 24 hours because everything is ready to roll for sometime now.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:37 PM
JB52

Quote:
If all that is true, it doesn't sound to positive for a move this year. Afterall I would have thought the deal would have been done in principle and just waiting for Glendale's deal to blowup. Sounds like nothing has been done in Quebec. Wouldn't the prospective owner from Quebec inform Bettman of this apparent roadblock being lifted? Have they started digging yet?
I agree with Stix, it's awful news. It means that GB still needed to be convinced, that he had no intention of moving the franchise.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:43 PM
madhi19
Just the tip!

Quote:
I agree with Stix, it's awful news. It means that GB still needed to be convinced, that he had no intention of moving the franchise.
They never admit it but the NHL likely got a deal in place with Quebecor for sometime now. They be fools not to otherwise PKP could clean them up if they really have to move at the last moment. This mean that whatever everything look rushed when it finally goes down it will likely just be made to look that way.

Old
06-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhi19 View Post
They never admit it but the NHL likely got a deal in place with Quebecor for sometime now. They be fools not to otherwise PKP could clean them up if they really have to move at the last moment. This mean that whatever everything look rushed when it finally goes down it will likely just be made to look that way.
You don't think the Mayor would know PKP had a deal ready to go? Even if PKP was just in preliminary negotiations with Bettman, wouldn't the Mayor know? Why wouldn't the Mayor leave it to the PKP people to inform Bettman?

Old
06-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Matrix78

Quote:
You don't think the Mayor would know PKP had a deal ready to go? Even if PKP was just in preliminary negotiations with Bettman, wouldn't the Mayor know? Why wouldn't the Mayor leave it to the PKP people to inform Bettman?
I think QcBlizzard is wrong...

Labeaume said he talked with PKP about who will inform Bettman... I didn't hear Labeaume saying HE was the one who called Bettman.
He said he would make sure that Bettman is aware

Old
06-14-2012, 07:36 PM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix78 View Post
I think QcBlizzard is wrong...

Labeaume said he talked with PKP about who will inform Bettman... I didn't hear Labeaume saying HE was the one who called Bettman.
He said he would make sure that Bettman is aware
I did not listen personnaly. I read this somewhere else.

Just tired to wait. It may mean nothing. It could. It's now over. Bad news?

Come on, plan B is in place.

Old
06-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Merci*

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcBlizzard View Post
I did not listen personnaly. I read this somewhere else.

Just tired to wait. It may mean nothing. It could. It's now over. Bad news?

Come on, plan B is in place.
The article on Radio Canada website wrote the mayor made reference to people not understanding how much pressure this caused but didnt reference Bettman or PKP.

Old
06-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Material Defender

Quote:
If I was PKP, not sure I would have told Mr Labeaume. We know the guy...

Old
06-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

That is ****ing awesome. Screw you Debellevalle! Ca doit etre dur à avaller.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:03 PM
powerstuck
User Registered

Quote:
If you had our mayor, he's the last person you would wanna tell that you are negotiating with Peladeau behind closed doors. He's the kind of guy that can't keep it shut, but we love him like that.

Edit : Well, MD beat me to it by a lot.

Old
06-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Material Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
That is ****ing awesome. Screw you Debellevalle! Ca doit etre dur à avaller.
Surtout avec 2 l...

Old
06-14-2012, 09:55 PM
powerstuck
User Registered

Quote:
No, I agree, he's not going to go in Glendale, he would risk to get tomatoes thrown on his nice suit, but I think we haven’t reach the critical point where we need to check for airplanes yet.

We're easy to get excited in Quebec. It makes me think of that time where Jacques Demers said at 8, that he was disappointed by the news concerning the Kostistyn, by 10 the news was that they would be arrested at the airport, around midnight they were suppose to be arrested for murder and at the end, well, the news was that they had a friend, who maybe, was in the mafia.
Hell, we have a 2 runway airport. Not like planes are hard to miss. They all come in from N-East and East, the airport being completely N-W they all flyover about 3/4 of the city and private planes all come thru the hearth of Sainte-Foy.

Closed Thread