HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Suter's Preferred Destinations in the West

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy Spandex View Post
All of HF, possibly the Internet and planet Earth, would collapse if they both signed in NJ.
Can NJ afford them both?? If so, then it isn't farfetched...

Old
06-17-2012, 10:07 AM
HarassmentPanda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Are you really comparing the Blues to the team that easily swept them?
No, not at all.

Old
06-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
All of HF, possibly the Internet and planet Earth, would collapse if they both signed in NJ.
That's just not true given that one already plays for NJ, if they both landed in Pittsburgh or Vancouver, the world would stop turning and hf would never recover.

Old
06-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Thought the Devils were close to bankrupcy

Old
06-17-2012, 01:29 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Does Suter's role matter?
On Minny Suter would be #1 LD
On Detroit, he probably overtakes Kronwall as #1LD
On Chicago, IMO, he's behind Keith and would settle for #2LD
On St. Louis, Pietrangelo would be, or would soon be, #1LD

I think Minny/Detroit are the best options.
If winning the cup is important, Detroit would be the better bet, most likely.

Old
06-17-2012, 01:31 PM
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post

Pietrangelo is a righty.

His best D-partners would be either staying in Nashville with Weber, going to STL with Pietrangelo, or coming to Colorado to be paired with EJ.

Old
06-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post

Probably? And he's better than Keith.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Probably? And he's better than Keith.
Agreed, he takes over Kronwall or Keith.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:39 PM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
That's assuming Minnesota gets both players, they don't come across standard injuries, and Detroit stands pat with what they have.

The odds of that happening are astronomically small.
Sorry, but if the Wild were to get both players they pass most of the Western Conference pretty quickly. Here would be there top three groups:

Koivu/Parise/Heatley
Granlund/Seto/Bouchard
Brodziak/Latendresse/Coyle or Clutterbuck

Suter/Gilbert
Scandella/Spurgeon
Brodin/Falk/Prosser

I personally think Suter is much more likely to sign here than Parise and even that the odds are against any one team.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post
Sorry, but if the Wild were to get both players they pass most of the Western Conference pretty quickly. Here would be there top three groups:

Koivu/Parise/Heatley
Granlund/Seto/Bouchard

Suter/Gilbert
Scandella/Spurgeon
Brodin/Falk/Prosser

I personally think Suter is much more likely to sign here than Parise and even that the odds are against any one team.
The same can be said about the Wings and Avs for example. If by some miracle both Suter and Parise sign for Colorado you'll see something like this:

Parise - Stastny - Jones
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
McGinn - Duchene - Mueller
McLeod - Malone/McClement/UFA signing - Hejduk
Kobasew/Hishon/Sgarbossa

Suter - EJ
Hejda - O'Byrne
Gaunce - Elliot
Hunwick/Barrie/Wilson

Varlamov
JSG

So three top line centers in Stastny, Duchene and O'Reilly, two franchise wingers in Parise and Landeskog, pretty good depth on the wing with Downie, Jones, McGinn, Mueller (a true wilcard, he's probably the most talented Av when it comes to pure offensive ability), two #1 d-men in Suter and EJ, two decent top 4 guys in Hejda and ROB and a slew of young defensmen with good potential in Elliot, Barrie and Gaunce.

Call me a homer if you want to, but that looks way better than Wild's roster to me.

Old
06-17-2012, 03:54 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Squirts View Post

Koivu/Parise/Heatley
Granlund/Seto/Bouchard

Suter/Gilbert
Scandella/Spurgeon
Brodin/Falk/Prosser

Even with Suter that D-core is suspect..

Old
06-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Call me a homer if you want to, but that looks way better than Wild's roster to me.
Far better on the back end and down the middle.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Petes2424

I have to wonder if fans of Colorado and Minnesota really believe they have a legitimate shot at either Parise or Suter. I would seriously fall out of my chair if either team signs either player. Detroit? Wouldnt surprise me if they signed both? Chicago? Wouldnt surprise me if they landed Suter. Just cant see him make a less than lateral move to leave Nashville.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I have to wonder if fans of Colorado and Minnesota really believe they have a legitimate shot at either Parise or Suter. I would seriously fall out of my chair if either team signs either player. Detroit? Wouldnt surprise me if they signed both? Chicago? Wouldnt surprise me if they landed Suter. Just cant see him make a less than lateral move to leave Nashville.
Do we think we have a chance? Yes we do, we have the money, cap space and a young up and coming team that's filled with pretty good players at every position outside of 1st pairing LH d-man (Suter) and we could use another great winger alongside Landeskog.

Do we expect them to sign here? Hell no.

Last edited by Ivan13: 06-17-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: it's them (Suter and Parise), not him
Old
06-17-2012, 04:35 PM
cgf

Quote:
I'm an Avs fan but I could absolutely see Parise going to Minnesota or Suter coming to Colorado. Both teams provide both players with exactly the type of cities they want to raise their families in and young talented teams that they'd fit perfectly and they could step in and become the leaders of.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
I'm an Avs fan but I could absolutely see Parise going to Minnesota or Suter coming to Colorado. Both teams provide both players with exactly the type of cities they want to raise their families in and young talented teams that they'd fit perfectly and they could step in and become the leaders of.
I think people put a little too much stock into the city talk. You can find a nice area of pretty much any NHL city.

Old
06-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan22 View Post
Can NJ afford them both?? If so, then it isn't farfetched...
Can't see any reason why they couldn't. Especially with Brodeur needing a new deal. He might sign for a steal and take a $5m "advisor" job the next season after.

Many, many FA's in NJ this offseason, but they have ~$28m in cap space to play with and a pretty decent prospect pool. It's well known that Suter and Parise are very close friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Thought the Devils were close to bankrupcy
Incorrect. And even if they were, Lou Lamoriello has repeatedly said it hasn't affected his hockey dealings (and they've always been a cap ceiling team for the most part.)

Old
06-17-2012, 05:07 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
I think people put a little too much stock into the city talk. You can find a nice area of pretty much any NHL city.
No doubt but Denver is one of the outdoorsiest cities in the US. For a guy who likes to farm, it's a beautiful, and really appealing area. If the money's the same, I could absolutely see him choosing to join a young up and coming team that is set up really well for him, with a talent young franchise goalie behind him, a very talented young RH partner for him, a deep collection of good forwards, in that location.

Similarly I could see Parise wanting to raise his family in his home state and so joining the Wild if they've got one of the best offers on the table. They've got good youth, lost a lot of guys to injuries and a defense that could be steady with more experience and reliable goal scoring.

Old
06-17-2012, 05:13 PM
InittoWinnick

Canucks don't want Suter they'd rather have RH Weber

Old
06-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Drij

Quote:
People didn't see Chicago signing Hossa either...

Old
06-17-2012, 05:59 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
I have to wonder if Red Wings fan are really this arrogant.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:10 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

I like Suter, but I don't see him as better than Keith. I've watched a lot of Ryan Suter over the years. He's nice and steady, but Lord knows he can be beat. And he's not nearly as dynamic as some of the league's elite defensemen.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:12 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Pietrangelo is a righty.

His best D-partners would be either staying in Nashville with Weber, going to STL with Pietrangelo, or coming to Colorado to be paired with EJ.
Huh. When I picture him, I picture him walking the line and ripping a slapper, Lidstrom-like.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:19 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
I have to wonder if Red Wings fan are really this arrogant.
"Arogant fan" is an oxymoron.

We're not the ones competing. We have no reason to be arogant.

The ones who try to act that way just look foolish.

Old
06-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
No doubt but Denver is one of the outdoorsiest cities in the US. For a guy who likes to farm, it's a beautiful, and really appealing area. If the money's the same, I could absolutely see him choosing to join a young up and coming team that is set up really well for him, with a talent young franchise goalie behind him, a very talented young RH partner for him, a deep collection of good forwards, in that location.

Similarly I could see Parise wanting to raise his family in his home state and so joining the Wild if they've got one of the best offers on the table. They've got good youth, lost a lot of guys to injuries and a defense that could be steady with more experience and reliable goal scoring.
Love the "outdoorsiest" comment. I'll have to use that word one day... Just out of curiosity. Where in Denver are there farms? For the life of me I cannot remember. I lived there in the early 90s and I would assume you'd have to go up to Ft Collins area.

Back to Suter or Parise... my question was really just trying to gauge. I know Im a fan of a basketball team that always has salary space, great place to live, has had good teams, etc., but even if it's ever been rumored someone will come, I'd have to see it, to believe it. I just see Colorado and Minnesota as more of a lateral move for Suter. Not to say they dont have fine, up and coming teams, just the Detroit's and Chicago's seem to be more attractive to ufas.

Closed Thread