HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dominic Moore

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2004, 10:09 PM
sir_captain

vCash: 500
Dominic Moore

Do you think that he gets back into the Top 20 whenever the list gets updated? It seems to me that it's totally crazy that he's not on it already...why the lack of respect? I watched him (and his brother) a lot in college, and it seemed to me that he was always the best player on the ice, including Steve. Obviously the ECAC is not the greatest conference in the world, but even so... Moore has arguably been Hartford's best and most consistent player so far this year, and I think he profiles as an extremely valuable, if slightly unorthodox, third line center/penalty killer.

Any thoughts?

Old
12-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Onion Boy

I agree. Personally, I'd put him in Murray's spot at 8 and probably drop Garth from the list altogether (though he's still one of my personal favs).

Old
12-27-2004, 09:59 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
I agree. Personally, I'd put him in Murray's spot at 8 and probably drop Garth from the list altogether (though he's still one of my personal favs).
Murray is def my fav along with Ortmeyer and Helminen .Anyway I wouldnt move Murray for Moore as i think when both reach there full potential if they do, Murray will be more valuable and the better player.to me I just see Moore as a 4th liner cause I dont see him as a first /second liner obviousley and I also see other p[layer to get third line roles b4 him.So my point basically is he will be a 4th/maybe 3rd liner or just a forever AHL'er.

Old
12-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
Murray is def my fav along with Ortmeyer and Helminen .Anyway I wouldnt move Murray for Moore as i think when both reach there full potential if they do, Murray will be more valuable and the better player.to me I just see Moore as a 4th liner cause I dont see him as a first /second liner obviousley and I also see other p[layer to get third line roles b4 him.So my point basically is he will be a 4th/maybe 3rd liner or just a forever AHL'er.
As much as I like Murray at this point I think he'll top out as a 4th liner and no better. Eventually, Ortmeyer should also settle on the 4th line. Ortmeyer-Hollweg-Murray would be the perfect crash line for the Rangers some day. Moore will not be a 4th liner I don't think. He'll either be a 2nd/3rd liner or nothing at all.

Old
12-30-2004, 03:10 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
As much as I like Murray at this point I think he'll top out as a 4th liner and no better. Eventually, Ortmeyer should also settle on the 4th line. Ortmeyer-Hollweg-Murray would be the perfect crash line for the Rangers some day. Moore will not be a 4th liner I don't think. He'll either be a 2nd/3rd liner or nothing at all.
Ok so if you dont see Murray and Ortmeyer as 3rd liners then what kind of players do you see as 3rd liners?.For the role of a 3rd line player player you must be aggressive hard working and be able ,ot all the time but here and there chip a few in as Murray I believe has the talent to net 10-12 a year but in Ortmeyer's case I dont see any Offensive skills at all maybe a 6-7 goal scorer a year.As also in the case you have to be defensively smart to be a 3rd liner as Ortmeyer seems to be very aware of his "d" game.So when people say 4th liners I just dont get it, cause I dont know what people think 3rd liners are suppose to do score 20 goals a season? I dont get it.I look at players like Hollweg, Scott,Moore,Ulmer as 4th liners ( im not very high on Moore, he is neither a second liner or nothing unless its a 4th).So if you could tell me what NYR prospects are 3rd liners or even make a comparison form any team of there 3rd liners then maybe I can agree with you.For now I think Murray can be a steady 3rd liner with some chance at getting second line time here and there and in Ortmeyer's case most likely 3rd liner or 4th who will get a ton of PK time.

Old
12-30-2004, 03:40 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Ok so if you dont see Murray and Ortmeyer as 3rd liners then what kind of players do you see as 3rd liners?.For the role of a 3rd line player player you must be aggressive hard working and be able ,ot all the time but here and there chip a few in as Murray I believe has the talent to net 10-12 a year but in Ortmeyer's case I dont see any Offensive skills at all maybe a 6-7 goal scorer a year.As also in the case you have to be defensively smart to be a 3rd liner as Ortmeyer seems to be very aware of his "d" game.So when people say 4th liners I just dont get it, cause I dont know what people think 3rd liners are suppose to do score 20 goals a season? I dont get it.I look at players like Hollweg, Scott,Moore,Ulmer as 4th liners ( im not very high on Moore, he is neither a second liner or nothing unless its a 4th).So if you could tell me what NYR prospects are 3rd liners or even make a comparison form any team of there 3rd liners then maybe I can agree with you.For now I think Murray can be a steady 3rd liner with some chance at getting second line time here and there and in Ortmeyer's case most likely 3rd liner or 4th who will get a ton of PK time.

Scott has not played so, im guessing he still got symtoms from the concussion from Cairns. I think Moore has the skill to be a 3rd liner. Maybe a guy like Zhotlok type. As for Murray. I think 3rd liner/4th liner and might get some PP time in front of the net since he has good size and is gritty. Ortmeyer will get 4th line ice time, top PK time. Ulmer I doubt will make it. Moore has a better chance than Ulmer. As for Hollweg, he has more goals than both Murray and Ortmeyer combinded. I think Hollweg can be a 3rd line with maybe time on the PP and maybe little ice at 2ed liner as well. He has more skill than Murray and Ortmeyer.

Old
12-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Ok so if you dont see Murray and Ortmeyer as 3rd liners then what kind of players do you see as 3rd liners?
Players that are smart defensively and can play a solid checking game (checking, not hitting). Ortmeyer and Murray are energy guys who can cycle the puck and grind it out. Personally, I don't think either are sensational defensive players and I would not want to match them up against another team's top line.

I think Moore could settle in nicely on the 3rd line. He's not overly physical, but he's extremely smart in his own end.

Old
12-30-2004, 04:47 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Players that are smart defensively and can play a solid checking game (checking, not hitting). Ortmeyer and Murray are energy guys who can cycle the puck and grind it out.
Agreed. You need to have at least a shred of scoring ability to be a 3rd liner as opposed to a 4th. Right now, Ortmeyer, while we all like him for his hustle, has displayed very little in the way of any offense whatsoever. The reality is is that Jed would have a diffucult time breaking in on any 4th line on any other team save the Rangers.
As for Murray, (and this is more for AG9NK35DT8), it takes more than a willingness to drop the gloves to be a 3rd liner. I think that if Garth puts every ounce of his ability and every ounce of effort into his game, his penultimate upside is a Darren Mcarty/Dan Hinote type player. But that, like with Jed, requires him to have more of a scoring touch than he has displayed so far.

Closed Thread