Notices

Kyle Cumiskey

Old
06-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

vCash: 500
Kyle Cumiskey

Not quite sure he's even considered a prospect, since he has a bit of NHL experience, so I apologize for the improper prefix on the title if it doesn't fit.

Wondering, since I never really saw him play, why he hasn't been given a shot with the big club? His numbers while in Colorado looked decent, so what's the deal with him? Is he terrible defensively or is there another reason? Thanks, in advance, for any feedback.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:15 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

He had pretty bad injury.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 04:43 AM
Takao
kesbae

He had a call up or two I believe but never really needed to play him. Was better to have him down with the Crunch at the time. Guenin seemed a better fit at times when he was called up.

Takao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Paul4587

He's soft and bad in his own end. A similar player to Mikkelson except without the size.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Syracuse Crunch fan

He played a lot better last year after Carle was traded and he was given 1st PP time. Like most offensive D-men he has some lapses, but he wasn't the worst I've seen.

He could contribute, but I would say his top potential is 3rd pairing, with some PP time. He's probably better off at the AHL level.

Syracuse Crunch fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:24 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
I wonder if he was one of the people Murray had in mind when he traded Lubo because of "younger guys who are offensive." I hope not, though, because I think he's terrible and will never be an NHL player.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I wonder if he was one of the people Murray had in mind when he traded Lubo because of "younger guys who are offensive." I hope not, though, because I think he's terrible and will never be an NHL player.
That's the part that I'm wondering...if he didn't appear to be terrible when he played in the NHL for Colorado, what happened to make him a non-NHL caliber player now? He scored a decent amount of points and his +/- wasn't bad...has he regressed or was there more to it than just looking at his stats? (Because again, I've not watched him play and I'm basing it only on his stats)

Old
06-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syracuse Crunch fan View Post
He played a lot better last year after Carle was traded and he was given 1st PP time. Like most offensive D-men he has some lapses, but he wasn't the worst I've seen.

He could contribute, but I would say his top potential is 3rd pairing, with some PP time. He's probably better off at the AHL level.
Thanks for the feedback...It's a shame, since he appeared to have decent stats while in Colorado...but as I mentioned already, maybe stats don't tell the whole story in his case.

Old
06-25-2012, 01:15 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

He's a great Dman to have for the AHL. Doubt he sees much NHL time unless Fowler and Sami get hurt.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 01:41 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
That's the part that I'm wondering...if he didn't appear to be terrible when he played in the NHL for Colorado, what happened to make him a non-NHL caliber player now? He scored a decent amount of points and his +/- wasn't bad...has he regressed or was there more to it than just looking at his stats? (Because again, I've not watched him play and I'm basing it only on his stats)
I thought he did look terrible with Colorado. Not sure which season it was I saw him though.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

He's a guy I definitely think could be helped by being in training camp with us. Not likely to make it, but perhaps a nice 7th defenseman to have kicking around.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

He had good enough season with the Avs in '09-10. He played #3 minutes on a mediocre defence, and was asked to play on their 1st pairing in the playoffs the same season. His play obviously faltered, since he definitely wasn't good enough to fill that role. Next season he ran into injuries (concussion probelms if I recall) and then plummeted through their depth chart. Syracuse fans said he filled his role as an offensive defenceman, but I'd rather have Guenin as our 7th defenceman than Cumiskey. Good player to have down in Norfolk next season, though, if he comes back.

Oh, and this was a thing of beauty.

Last edited by Doothpick: 06-28-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Doothpick is offline   Reply With Quote