HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Bobby Ryan is "Available")

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Suter should be first priority, but if he has no interest in playing for Anaheim, I think this would be a realistic roster based on comments from Murray this summer and in regards to salary:

Edit: My picture keeps dissappearing. But when I go into 'edit' the code is still there. Anyone know what's going on? Uploaded it to another image hostnig site, hopefully it solves it.

Last edited by Elvs: 06-24-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old
06-24-2012, 09:13 AM
DuckshaveaRPG

vCash: 500
what is our internal budget is it 57 mill ?

Old
06-24-2012, 09:34 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
I really hope that Murray goes after Wideman and Jokinen right away. They could cost together as much as Suter. Jokinen could be had using the Finnish connection and Wideman with his and Boudreau's past. Also both players' teams might not be into signing them.

Old
06-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 692
Jokinen? Ugh...

Old
06-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
what is our internal budget is it 57 mill ?
We have been around 90% of the cap in recent seasons, so assuming a 70 mill cap that would put it around 63 mil. Now that may be a little high, and chances are the cap will come down with the new CBA.

If you say 65 mill cap, i would expect the budget to be around 58 million.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I really hope that Murray goes after Wideman and Jokinen right away. They could cost together as much as Suter. Jokinen could be had using the Finnish connection and Wideman with his and Boudreau's past. Also both players' teams might not be into signing them.
Wideman only played about 30 games for Boudreau, I don't know how much he and Boudreau's past will factor into anything.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Nab77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Suter should be first priority, but if he has no interest in playing for Anaheim, I think this would be a realistic roster based on comments from Murray this summer and in regards to salary:

Edit: My picture keeps dissappearing. But when I go into 'edit' the code is still there. Anyone know what's going on? Uploaded it to another image hostnig site, hopefully it solves it.
That D is weak sauce, pushover caliber. I'd rather pay Suter 8 mil than Wideman 4.5. Go big or go home Murray, seen enough of this eternal tinkering and bargain deals. After this season Getz and Perry (if still here) are gonna cost us at least 15 mil combined so now is the time to go for it.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:15 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

Semin anyone ? that as big as you can go and maybe he the one with best chance at and he a great fit for us as he has elite talent with average work rate and ethic

Old
06-24-2012, 05:16 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab77 View Post
That D is weak sauce, pushover caliber. I'd rather pay Suter 8 mil than Wideman 4.5. Go big or go home Murray, seen enough of this eternal tinkering and bargain deals. After this season Getz and Perry (if still here) are gonna cost us at least 15 mil combined so now is the time to go for it.
Exactly.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
I'd rather pay Suter 8 mil than Wideman 4.5.
Well, unfortunately Suter has a word in this as well, so the Ducks' preferences between these two scenarios may well not end up mattering.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Nab77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
Semin anyone ? that as big as you can go and maybe he the one with best chance at and he a great fit for us as he has elite talent with average work rate and ethic
Don't need wingers, C and D that's what we need, and have needed since Andy and Pronger were traded and Nieds quit.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Nab77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Well, unfortunately Suter has a word in this as well, so the Ducks' preferences between these two scenarios may well not end up mattering.
Suter is pipe dream, IMO. I mean why would he leave Nashville to come to Anaheim? He's going to Canada or a big market team (Philly, Rangers, Detroit). Still Murray has to make an offer or hes an idiot.

Wideman or Carle are weak defensively so I'd rather save the money for something else. Maybe couple elite 3rd or 4th liners or some muscle on D.

Old
06-24-2012, 05:42 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

there is nothing in this FA market this year basically all the options have been said so it either you go with guys like that or kids or you hold and suffer another year of rubbish or you have some balls and makes some trades cos that the only way you goning to fix this team is with trading

Old
06-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Suter is pipe dream, IMO. I mean why would he leave Nashville to come to Anaheim? He's going to Canada or a big market team (Philly, Rangers, Detroit).
Well, I think I posted basically the same thing a while back, as well. However, over the last months, rumors tend to see Suter avoiding such markets, and just looking for a market not entirely unlike Nashville, but more attractive to him in some other way. I still agree with you that it should realistically be considered as a pipe dream for Ducks fans.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Elvs

Quote:
Wideman is the best pure puck moving defenseman among this summers UFA, I would hardly call signing him 'bargain shopping'. Carlo Colaiacovo on the other hand... I agree that it would be soft though, but we expected Fowler/Visnovsky/Vatanen on the blueline prior to the Lubo trade, and this defense would be no softer.

Outside of Suter, Garrison would perhaps be the best fit. He's better defensively than Wideman, but doesn't move the puck as well. He's also a little risky in the sense that he has really only had one good year. It was only a year ago he was a 27 year old #5 defenseman. If Murray decides to replace Visnovsky with some defensive defenseman like Bryan Allen or Bryce Salvador, then this team is going nowhere unless Fowler and Vatanen can get the job done. The PP would probably be a disaster unless Vatanen has a calder nominee-worty year.

Last edited by Elvs: 06-24-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old
06-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Wideman is the best pure puck moving defenseman among this summers UFA, I would hardly call signing him 'bargain shopping'. I agree that it would be soft though, but we expected Fowler/Visnovsky/Vatanen on the blueline prior to the Lubo trade, and this defense would be no softer.
And here you've identified the reason for the Vis trade, IMO. I don't think we'll be adding any more soft puck movers, because...we just moved a pretty cheap one.

Failing Suter, I think we'll go with Fowler/Vatanen/Sbisa as puck movers and look to free agency to add some size and defensive ability to the group.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Nab77

Quote:
Wideman is the best pure puck moving defenseman among this summers UFA, I would hardly call signing him 'bargain shopping'. I agree that it would be soft though, but we expected Fowler/Visnovsky/Vatanen on the blueline prior to the Lubo trade, and this defense would be no softer.

Outside of Suter, Garrison would perhaps be the best fit. He's better defensively than Wideman, but doesn't move the puck as well. He's also a little risky in the sense that he has really only had one good year. It was only a year ago he was a 27 year old #5 defenseman. If Murray decides to replace Visnovsky with some defensive defenseman like Bryan Allen or Bryce Salvador, then this team is going nowhere unless Fowler and Vatanen can get the job done.
If he traded Visnovsky to replace him with Wideman or Carle and a higher salary then he's even dumber than he looks.

Garrison would be better but hes a huge risk with so few games played at this level. Allen or Salvador would be upgrades over Brookbank though.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Tony O

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Devante S.-Pelly ($0.870m) / Ryan Getzlaf ($5.325m) / Corey Perry ($5.325m)
Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Olli Jokinen ($3.500m) / Kyle Palmieri ($1.025m)
Andrew Cogliano ($2.390m) / Saku Koivu ($3.800m) / Teemu Selanne ($4.000m)
Brandon McMillan ($0.875m) / Nick Bonino ($0.728m) / Matt Beleskey ($0.738m)
Patrick Maroon ($0.550m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Luca Sbisa ($2.175m) / Ryan Suter ($7.500m)
Francois Beauchemin ($3.500m) / Cam Fowler ($1.400m)
Sami Vatanen ($1.325m) / Toni Lydman ($3.000m)
Nate Guenin ($0.525m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jonas Hiller ($4.500m)
Viktor Fasth ($1.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,150,150; BONUSES: $2,517,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $11,149,850

Sign Jokinen and Suter. Gets us a proper 2C and #1 D-man. If we want to address the size issue, Ryan and Cogs should be tradeable pieces.

Yea, that 4th line looks like a stinker, but Bonino has the tools, and McMillan might get that rebound season.
I was thinking along the same lines for the lineup.

At first I was most definitely against signing Jokinen, but Iím starting to change my mind. Think of it as a stop-gap signing for the 2nd line. Saku is most likely gone after this upcoming season, so you could move Jokinen to the 3rd line and have one of the kids Bonino/ Holland develop into the 2nd line spot. Also, the UFA list I think looks a lot better at center next year.

The fourth line is not as bad as you may think it is. Bonino/ Holland can fight it out at center and McMillan/ Belesky/ Maroon can fight it out at wing. Itís a development line. Etem will get his chance this year too.

On defense I still think Suter is a stretch so maybe Ryan and Cogs should be tradeable pieces for D.

Old
06-24-2012, 06:47 PM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post
I was thinking along the same lines for the lineup.

At first I was most definitely against signing Jokinen, but Iím starting to change my mind. Think of it as a stop-gap signing for the 2nd line. Saku is most likely gone after this upcoming season, so you could move Jokinen to the 3rd line and have one of the kids Bonino/ Holland develop into the 2nd line spot. Also, the UFA list I think looks a lot better at center next year.

The fourth line is not as bad as you may think it is. Bonino/ Holland can fight it out at center and McMillan/ Belesky/ Maroon can fight it out at wing. Itís a development line. Etem will get his chance this year too.

On defense I still think Suter is a stretch so maybe Ryan and Cogs should be tradeable pieces for D.
So trade Lubo, and then trade Ryan and Cogs to fill the hole just created. Also, that just removed #2 and #3 LW. Going to fill those with who?

Old
06-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
And here you've identified the reason for the Vis trade, IMO. I don't think we'll be adding any more soft puck movers, because...we just moved a pretty cheap one.

Failing Suter, I think we'll go with Fowler/Vatanen/Sbisa as puck movers and look to free agency to add some size and defensive ability to the group.
Quote:
If he traded Visnovsky to replace him with Wideman or Carle and a higher salary then he's even dumber than he looks.

Garrison would be better but hes a huge risk with so few games played at this level. Allen or Salvador would be upgrades over Brookbank though.
Accorinding to Murray, he made the deal to shake things up and to get younger. Trading Lubo and signing whoever shake things up, and anyone of Suter/Garrison/Wideman/Carle makes them younger. And Wideman was defenitely better than Visnovsky last season.

According to Lubo, Murray told him he was moved to make space. That makes me think he's going after Suter, but there's gotta be a plan B. And do you like that plan B to be a stay-at-home defenseman rather than Wideman? As good as Suter is defenisvely, he would also be the Ducks best offensive defenseman. So, when we don't get a 40-55 point two-way defensemen in Suter, we should look for a 15-20 point defensive defenseman as plan B when we already have Sbisa/Lydman/Beauchemin and maybe Brookbank?

The top defensive defensemen on this years UFA market are Allen, Salvador and Hannan, all either declining or soon likely to decline. Also, neither of those "makes the team younger". All of those are at best #4 guys, and there's no one else younger who I'd call a top 4 defenseman among this years UFA's. If there's a defensive defenseman with limited offense coming in, I think that's going to be Brookbank's replacement, not Lubo's.

If Murray can't get Suter or Garrison, plan B should be to trade for a 2-way defenseman rather than signing someone like Salvador or Hannan imo. But then on the other hand, it would take a lot to fetch one, likely Ryan for a young top 4 guy who fits that criteria. And I'd rather have Ryan+Wideman than no Ryan and whoever.

Last edited by Elvs: 06-24-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old
06-24-2012, 07:20 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

If we sign Suter I suggest we all go out any buy lotto tickets.

Its not happening.

Old
06-24-2012, 09:09 PM
LizardKing1

Random thoughts about some of our potential AHL players;

Patrick Maroon - After such a great season(74pts in 75games) he needs to have a change.(longer then few games) i mean if he doesnt get any credit, what purpose does near point per game AHL season then have..and what that shows to the other guys how are trying to make their way to the ducks

E.Etem - If everything goes perfect he gets a place in the ducks lineup somewhere in the next season.(thinking Etem in the same line with Perry and Getzlaf) If not, he still has time to develop.

J-F Jaques - Jaques could be a great fit for the 4th line next season. Also if Parros is gone we could need a big hard hitting forward how isnt afraid to drop the gloves. Besides that hes a power forward type of player how can skate and score. Had very impressive stats this season 40points in 65games.(5th best point man in Syracuse) Didnt look too bad in his 6 games with the ducks this season. (allright the suspension, but thats hockey)

Peter Holland - we need to bring him up. 71g with 60pts +/-: +8
maybe as a injury replacement he could impress everyone next season. Or if were ready to take the risk and put him as the 2th, 3th or 4th line center straight from the start of the season without bringin in any ufas. That would show some true credit for the prospects.

Igor Bobkov: if he takes the number 1 goalie place in the minors, im hoping he gets even one game in ducks next season.(maybe at the end of the season if we miss the playoffs or have already enough points) Only thou if he feels confident himself to have a try..

Old
06-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 View Post
Random thoughts about some of our potential AHL players;

Patrick Maroon - After such a great season(74pts in 75games) he needs to have a change.(longer then few games) i mean if he doesnt get any credit, what purpose does near point per game AHL season then have..and what that shows to the other guys how are trying to make their way to the ducks
That doesn't guarantee him a spot in the majors. He'll get a good opportunity in camp. Everyone that excels in the minors isn't ready for the majors.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:08 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Jordan Staal trade: More or less than you expected?

Also many people seemed to value Staal and Ryan similarly. Even though I think Ryan is worth more. So does the Staal trade return raise or lower the bar of what you would want back from a Ryan trade?

Old
06-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Jordan Staal trade: More or less than you expected?

Also many people seemed to value Staal and Ryan similarly. Even though I think Ryan is worth more. So does the Staal trade return raise or lower the bar of what you would want back from a Ryan trade?
Staal got more than I expected. More than the Canes should have spent to get him, IMO. They didn't improve all that much for the price.

I do think Ryan ought to be worth more, but with Murray inflexible on the return we need to make the deal happen it may not matter.

Closed Thread