HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Bobby Ryan is "Available")

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Eric Stephens: Is Jay Bouwmeester overpaid? Yep. But he's at $6.6M for just two more years and wouldn't mess up Ducks salary structure. Eats big minutes.
If it's a Campbell-ish trade, then I'm fine with it.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Bouwmeester is an interesting thought. I am not a fan of his, but he has become underrated around this site, in my opinion. He's still a solid defender, I guess. And before I pay Wideman $5.25M, I gladly add $1.35M to get a Bouwmeester. In the end, the question is what it would cost to acquire him. It would be tough to have a general public thinking we got had by Jay Feaster, which would be the likely impression due to Bouwmeester being somewhat underrated due to his big contract he isn't living up to.

With the Flames signing Widman and Stephens bringing this up, I could see something like that happening shortly, actually.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:44 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Schenn has to be involved in a deal for the Ducks to even listen.
Yeah I'm sure this is the case. And to be honest, i would have done it (albeit hesitantly). Because with Giroux and Couturier as our top 2 centers for the foreseeable future, Schenn could have been expendable to acquire a top line winger for G, but now that we traded for Luke, i just don't see any way they move Brayden with his brother here...

However, i can't help but think that Murray may get to the point where he feels like he just needs to take the best offer on the table for Ryan. And idk that i see many other GMs shelling out the type of assets it'd require to trade for Ryan, when he's pretty much stated that he'd prefer to be traded to the Flyers. Maybe that means little, but it could potentially fend off other GMs who'll be hesitant to overpay for him.

I may be wishful thinking though

Last edited by orange is better: 06-27-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old
06-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Eric Stephens: Is Jay Bouwmeester overpaid? Yep. But he's at $6.6M for just two more years and wouldn't mess up Ducks salary structure. Eats big minutes.
So Stephens wants Ducks to miss playoffs at least the next few seasons?

I actually don't mind JBo, I find he's a bit underrated because he is badly overpaid. I still think it would be absurd to trade assets to get an overpaid defenceman, if you could do it just by overpaying one in July 1st (albeit Bouwmeester's contract is only for the next 2 seasons).

He's a fine defenceman who eats a lot of minutes, but that doesn't change the fact he is one of the softest defenceman in the league, and his offence seemingly just isn't there anymore.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:49 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Yeah I'm sure this is the case. And to be honest, i would have done it (albeit hesitantly). Because with Giroux and Couturier as our top 2 centers for the foreseeable future, Schenn could have been expendable to acquire a top line winger for G, but now that we traded for Luke, i just don't see any way they move Brayden with his brother here...

However, i can't help but think that Murray may get to the point where he feels like he just needs to take the best offer on the table for Ryan. And idk that i see many other GMs shelling out the type of assets it'd require to trade for Ryan, when he's pretty much stated that he'd prefer to be traded to the Flyers.

I may be wishful thinking though
Why would Murray take best offer on the table? We don't have a need to get rid of Ryan, if there isn't a good enough offer out there we'll just hold onto Ryan.

And that Ryan interview was blown out of proportion, I wouldn't read too much into it tbh, whether or not Ryan should keep some of his comments to himself or keep it internally, is another story.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Exit Dose

If we could get him for Cogs, JDD, Sexton, and a conditional 2nd if we re-sign him, I'd do it, but any more than that and we're just paying someone else to fix their problems.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
If it's a Campbell-ish trade, then I'm fine with it.
You mean if we offer up nothing greater than, say, Cogs?

Old
06-27-2012, 04:56 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Why would Murray take best offer on the table? We don't have a need to get rid of Ryan, if there isn't a good enough offer out there we'll just hold onto Ryan.

And that Ryan interview was blown out of proportion, I wouldn't read too much into it tbh, whether or not Ryan should keep some of his comments to himself or keep it internally, is another story.
Perhaps it was blown out of proportion a bit, but you don't think that his apparent frustration with management, coupled with the continuing rumors of his availability may pressure Murray into feeling obligated to move him? Im not claiming that your team has any real need to get rid of Ryan, but they have evidently felt as if he were expendable since trade rumors first appeared late last year. From what he said in his interview (blown out of proportion or not) it sounds like there's a possibility that he may eventually request to be traded, if he hasn't already.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:03 PM
The Mighty Duck
#9 all the way...

Quote:

This.

PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, hopefully the guys on the FA board will get it one day! These threads with Bobby are so annoying and when I read all these terrible offers... Can't vomit as much as I would like....

Old
06-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Gibson Les Palms
Jinxes aren't real

vCash: 50
Quote:
Perhaps it was blown out of proportion a bit, but you don't think that his apparent frustration with management, coupled with the continuing rumors of his availability may pressure Murray into feeling obligated to move him? Im not claiming that your team has any real need to get rid of Ryan, but they have evidently felt as if he were expendable since trade rumors first appeared late last year. From what he said in his interview (blown out of proportion or not) it sounds like there's a possibility that he may eventually request to be traded, if he hasn't already.
If it's that bad, then we can trade him to B-lo or the Islanders, where they are willing to offer more.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:14 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

I would take JBo only if he was dirt cheap. Maybe Cogs, Friberg, 2nd/3rd?

It does scare me that he's never been in the playoffs though lol.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
If it's that bad, then we can trade him to B-lo or the Islanders, where they are willing to offer more.
Fair enough. All i'm saying is that history has shown that a player's value is driven down quite a bit when it becomes well enough known that a player has asked for a trade. Which is what i meant before when i suggested that Murray may end up having to take the best offer on the table. Whether or not that's the Flyers or not, i do not know.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Fair enough. All i'm saying is that history has shown that a player's value is driven down quite a bit when it becomes well enough known that a player has asked for a trade. Which is what i meant before when i suggested that Murray may end up having to take the best offer on the table. Whether or not that's the Flyers or not, i do not know.
It's not about value. It's about needs. If a team like Nashville can offer Wilson as their centerpiece, then they are ahead of everyone else that's using a winger as theirs.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:20 PM
airforceones25

Idk about J-Bo guys... I think there is a good chance he could bring back Hiller's vertigo.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Bouwmeester is an interesting thought. I am not a fan of his, but he has become underrated around this site, in my opinion. He's still a solid defender, I guess. And before I pay Wideman $5.25M, I gladly add $1.35M to get a Bouwmeester. In the end, the question is what it would cost to acquire him. It would be tough to have a general public thinking we got had by Jay Feaster, which would be the likely impression due to Bouwmeester being somewhat underrated due to his big contract he isn't living up to.

With the Flames signing Widman and Stephens bringing this up, I could see something like that happening shortly, actually.
I agree, he is definitely underappreciated around this particular site, just like Campbell is (or was until Florida got him). He's a $4.5 - $5M defenseman earning close to $7M which in many posters minds means he isn't NHL caliber anymore.

That being said, I don't like the fact he has never played a playoff game before. Sure, it's mostly to do with him being on crappy teams but when Florida made a run at the end of the 08-09 season (I think it was that year) he disappeared completely down the stretch. He also lacks intensity and isn't great on the PP. He would be our best defenseman though and eats a ton of minutes so if there's nothing else out there I wouldn't be completely opposed to it.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
It's not about value. It's about needs. If a team like Nashville can offer Wilson as their centerpiece, then they are ahead of everyone else that's using a winger as theirs.
Wilson is a winger nowadays. I wonder if Boston would consider some kind of Ryan/Krejci swap. They seem to be one of the few teams with too many centres.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Wilson is a winger nowadays. I wonder if Boston would consider some kind of Ryan/Krejci swap. They seem to be one of the few teams with too many centres.
Like Craig Smith, Wilson is fine at both center and wing.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I saw an offer on main boards: Krejci+Boychuk+pick(1st or 2nd can't remember).

Old
06-27-2012, 05:40 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

No J-Bo please.

Team doesn't need any more tissue soft d-men. If they're gonna go after overpaid d-men target #1 should be Phaneuf IMO.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Gibson Les Palms
Jinxes aren't real

vCash: 50
Quote:
Theoretically, that's true. But I don't think it's quite as toxic as the Heatley situation or Nash situation, where the player made it totally clear that he wants out. There is more grey area here. But if it is that bad, then I'd say there's a very good chance that other teams would jump into play and that would more or less drive up the price to where it was before.

The Flyers are one of my favourite teams, but IMO other teams would definitely have better offers.

Old
06-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
No J-Bo please.

Team doesn't need any more tissue soft d-men. If they're gonna go after overpaid d-men target #1 should be Phaneuf IMO.
I think I'd actually rather have J-Bo. Sure, he's soft, but he's still better defensively, which is more of a need than Phaneuf's offense. Physicality is not very valuable when it doesn't have a positive effect on defensive play.

I mean, I could see JBo working with Fowler, Vatanen, Sbisa, Beauch and Lydman - all of them. I have a hard time seeing Phaneuf paired with any of those except Lydman and be a good fit. (Beauch usually would be mentioned there, as well, but that didn't seem to work too well in Toronto, but Wilson's system played a role in that.)

Old
06-27-2012, 06:04 PM
SoCalHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Idk about J-Bo guys... I think there is a good chance he could bring back Hiller's vertigo.

lmao that cracked me up. I say no to J-Bo if he is going to TKO Hiller after each game.

Old
06-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I think I'd actually rather have J-Bo. Sure, he's soft, but he's still better defensively, which is more of a need than Phaneuf's offense. Physicality is not very valuable when it doesn't have a positive effect on defensive play.

I mean, I could see JBo working with Fowler, Vatanen, Sbisa, Beauch and Lydman - all of them. I have a hard time seeing Phaneuf paired with any of those except Lydman and be a good fit. (Beauch usually would be mentioned there, as well, but that didn't seem to work too well in Toronto, but Wilson's system played a role in that.)
I wouldn't want Murray pursuing JBo or Phaneuf, but if I'd have to take one of them at their current contracts I'd pick Phaneuf. Sure, Bouwmeester is better defensively, but Dion isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Ideally you just woudn't want him on your shut-down pairing, and he certainly brings more offence than JBo. He can also QB the PP, which I think now that Lubo is gone Ducks could use. Phaneuf could be IMO an option, but I honestly would not want Murray trading with Burke ever again.

I agree what you said about Phaneuf working only with Lydman, though, and Bouwmeester would give us more options when structuring the d-pairings. Again I have to say I wouldn't want either of them. They are still both important pieces to their respective teams, and I doubt they'd be willing to accept offers Murray would prepare to throw them.

Old
06-27-2012, 06:09 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Ryan + Clark
for
Schenn + Schenn

No no no no to Phaneuf. J Bo is underrated. As much as Phaneuf is crapped on, he's still overrated.

Old
06-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
As much as Phaneuf is crapped on, he's still overrated.
Don't be ridiculous.

And a big no to Bouwmeester. If we're going to make the same mistake we're making with Ryan - misallocating funds towards a spot that doesn't need it - then that swap doesn't make sense. A one-for-one deal with Ryan involving similar salaries only makes sense if the one coming back is a center.

Closed Thread