HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Bobby Ryan is "Available")

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Eddie Shack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Nothing revolutionary here at all from Murray on NHL live:

Doesn’t know about Selanne yet
Wanted to get faster but got smaller. Will attempt to fix over next few months.
Pissed about Schultz
Hasn’t done much yet with Getz and Perry’s contracts. Did talk to Perry’s agent though.

They didn't ask him about the draft, trades etc.
I would highly suggest he get off his butt and get going. The sooner those two are finalized, the sooner we can focus on how to add complimentary pieces...or...how to start over if need be. Come on Bob, Git-R-done!

Old
06-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
I would highly suggest he get off his butt and get going. The sooner those two are finalized, the sooner we can focus on how to add complimentary pieces...or...how to start over if need be. Come on Bob, Git-R-done!
I'm willing to reserve my judgment here because it's not imminent, but Bob has shown to be quite reactionary.

We'll see, but I think he understands how important this is.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
The waiting might not be just on his end anyway. Do you think Getzlaf and his agent are in a huge hurry to sign a contract after that god awful year?

Being patient in this case isn't a bad thing. It's better to wait half a season to gauge how these two are going to bounce back before giving them a truck load of money, even if the price is raised somewhat due to better performances.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Gibson Les Palms

Good point

Old
06-18-2012, 08:46 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

New CBA looms big. Team may want to wait to see if there are any big changes. OTH big changes may also be bad, so they may want to get it done before.

Old
06-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm fairly certain we can't sign either to extensions until July 1 anyway. So that's probably a big reason for the lack of urgency.

Old
06-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
The waiting might not be just on his end anyway. Do you think Getzlaf and his agent are in a huge hurry to sign a contract after that god awful year?

Being patient in this case isn't a bad thing. It's better to wait half a season to gauge how these two are going to bounce back before giving them a truck load of money, even if the price is raised somewhat due to better performances.
If Getz put him off I would not expect him (BM) to say he hasn't done much yet like he did. I think Bob is dragging his feet.

The Getzlaf situation is a bit more difficult I will say. But there is nothing difficult about Perry. Yes, his numbers were down a bit from where most folks expected, but he didn't have nearly the crappy year Getz had. BM needs to sign Perry first and foremost. Then he can move on to Getzlaf.

He is in a tough spot with Getzlaf. He is going to have to offer Getz good money ($6.5+? x 3-5? years) or decide to trade him (not my preferred choice). But he needs to do that this off-season. A lowball contract offer won't fly (now or part way through the season) and will only make Getz more interested in testing ufa. If BM gets (no pun intended) to that point, Getz's trade value will be good but not great. Not to mention it won't be doing any wonders for the team on the ice with this drama going on mid-season.

If you want to get going on building a cup contender now, then they need to be signed now...or you are just going to waste a year and not know what core you are building around until next year at this time. I for one, do not want to sit through another year like this last one. Bottom line is...dragging out the signings will muck up every attempt to ice a better team next year, as the future core of the team becomes up for debate without signing them both this off-season.

I don't see the new CBA being an issue signing Perry and Getz. There won't be anything in that CBA that would make us decide not to sign either one. And we already know this team doesn't front load deals nor would they likely sign a lifetime length contract. And yes, I do realize that this can only happen after July 1. But BM should have this high on his radar.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

I think Getzlaf is a lock to sign here. Perry OTOH I could see testing the market.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:14 PM
Eddie Shack

I too think Getz would like to stay. So I'm hoping he can be signed for a reasonable raise where everybody is happy.

While I'm less sure about Perry, I think his somewhat introverted personality fits better here than it might in Canada, NY, or some other cities. As such, I'm optimistic that for a good offer (7.0 x 5?) he just signs an extension and continues enjoying the good life here.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
If Getz put him off I would not expect him (BM) to say he hasn't done much yet like he did. I think Bob is dragging his feet.

The Getzlaf situation is a bit more difficult I will say. But there is nothing difficult about Perry. Yes, his numbers were down a bit from where most folks expected, but he didn't have nearly the crappy year Getz had. BM needs to sign Perry first and foremost. Then he can move on to Getzlaf.

He is in a tough spot with Getzlaf. He is going to have to offer Getz good money ($6.5+? x 3-5? years) or decide to trade him (not my preferred choice). But he needs to do that this off-season. A lowball contract offer won't fly (now or part way through the season) and will only make Getz more interested in testing ufa. If BM gets (no pun intended) to that point, Getz's trade value will be good but not great. Not to mention it won't be doing any wonders for the team on the ice with this drama going on mid-season.

If you want to get going on building a cup contender now, then they need to be signed now...or you are just going to waste a year and not know what core you are building around until next year at this time. I for one, do not want to sit through another year like this last one. Bottom line is...dragging out the signings will muck up every attempt to ice a better team next year, as the future core of the team becomes up for debate without signing them both this off-season.

I don't see the new CBA being an issue signing Perry and Getz. There won't be anything in that CBA that would make us decide not to sign either one. And we already know this team doesn't front load deals nor would they likely sign a lifetime length contract. And yes, I do realize that this can only happen after July 1. But BM should have this high on his radar.

Potential CBA issues

Salary may equal cap hit
Contract length may be capped
Front loading may be eliminated
Cap and floor may change radically
May be a salary rollback (players wouldn't want to sign now)
Ridiculous signing bonuses may be better accounted for in cap

I'm not saying any of these are likely or even probable, but who knows

Old
06-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Potential CBA issues

Salary may equal cap hit
Contract length may be capped
Front loading may be eliminated
Cap and floor may change radically
May be a salary rollback (players wouldn't want to sign now)
Ridiculous signing bonuses may be better accounted for in cap

I'm not saying any of these are likely or even probable, but who knows
Signing bonuses aren't allowed in the CBA, neither are bonuses(except for ELCs and old guys), but other than that your list is pretty bang on. I personally doubt there will be a rollback, but you can almost guarantee contract lengths will be capped and I have a feeling they'll get rid of "cap numbers" and make annual salary more important. If that happens, be prepared to rake, a lot of teams will be in pretty rough shape if they do that.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Signing bonuses aren't allowed in the CBA, neither are bonuses(except for ELCs and old guys), but other than that your list is pretty bang on. I personally doubt there will be a rollback, but you can almost guarantee contract lengths will be capped and I have a feeling they'll get rid of "cap numbers" and make annual salary more important. If that happens, be prepared to rake, a lot of teams will be in pretty rough shape if they do that.
That was my understanding as well but Richards had a big signing bonus last year and Tyler Myers gets a $10M signing bonus when his deal kicks in July 1.

I can't see the lockout ending without either a rollback of salaries or a reduction of player percentage of revenues down the the 50% range like every other sport (more likely). Which scares me with Fehr associated with the entire event.

Old
06-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Eddie Shack

Well, I'm also kind of thinking/hoping the two aren't going to want monster contracts. Assuming they don't I would like to think the framework of the deals could be worked out and agreed to and maybe they just wait to finalize after the new CBA. After all, we don't do the creative contracts, the kind which some teams will have issues with.

My main, big issue is...assuming there is a next season I just really don't think it will be beneficial to enter the season with the two of them still unsigned. It will be another year of indecision on how to go forward. But it certainly is possible.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Gibson Les Palms

Just to throw a little more fuel on the fire...

Bob McKenzie

Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:01 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Ryan to Toronto for Schultz

Old
06-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

And it begins...

... again.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:09 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
And it begins...

... again.
Exactly what I was thinking......cue the insane Toronto trade proposals.

"How about Ryan for Komisarek and a 2nd.....Anaheim gets a stand up defensive Dman that shores up their blue line for years to come and a good prospect with the 2nd round pick. Win for both sides blah blah blah blah"

Old
06-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Wow wtf

Old
06-19-2012, 05:12 PM
The Mighty Duck
#9 all the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
And it begins...

... again.
Can't here it anymore.

Why can't Murray give a statement and say, that Bobby is a tradeable asset or he is untouchable.... I hate this so called "hiding in the dark"..

Old
Gibson Les Palms

Flyers could potentially offer the best package. Rangers too, but none of their fans want to trade Stepan. I honestly don't want to trade him because of the lost offense, and even if the players/prospects do produce offensively, it won't be at Ryan's level of output for a few seasons. Really nothing on Toronto interests me, unless they offered like Kessel and the 5th pick.

edit-astronomical risk too with Getzy and Perry only signed 1 year longer

Last edited by Gibson Les Palms: 06-19-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

I'm over TSN. **** off McKenzie. Another 10 weeks of ****** Anaheim rumours here.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:13 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Staal for Ryan?

Old
06-19-2012, 05:13 PM
The Mighty Duck
#9 all the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I'm over TSN. **** off McKenzie. Another 10 weeks of ****** Anaheim rumours here.

Especially bad leafs proposals....

Old
06-19-2012, 05:15 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0NTY26 View Post
Staal for Ryan?
One year of Staal? Yeah no thanks. Has to be a signed Staal to have Anaheim interested at all.

Old
06-19-2012, 05:16 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Duck View Post

Especially bad leafs proposals....
Oh yes, it's going to be a long off season

Closed Thread