HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Televised pre-season games?

Old
06-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Capn Brown

vCash: 500
Televised pre-season games?

Guys, with this championship, does it now become economically advantageous to televise pre-season games?

I've never made it out to Vegas for any of those "Frozen Fury" matches, but I've always wanted to see them on TV. Is that now a real possibility?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Martyros

They used to show the frozen Fury games on tv even during the mediocre years, they stopped after 2002 I think. I think it has more to do with taking up space on FSN west during September or some crap like that.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The LA Times wrote that it is a good possibility that the Frozen Fury games will be televised with the new contract the Kings signed with Fox Sports.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 05:48 PM
MRichards10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The LA Times wrote that it is a good possibility that the Frozen Fury games will be televised with the new contract the Kings signed with Fox Sports.
Please be true!! Even though I love going to the game, family events on that day have been killing me for the past 2 years including this upcoming one.

MRichards10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:17 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I think with the ratings for Game 6 FSW has to take note. I've been saying for years there needs to be more work during pre-season to get the casual fans on board and to appease the hard core fans. Coming on 5 minutes before the drop of the puck for the first game of the season is dumb. If we have to knock womens volleyball off the air or some other God awful program then so be it-we're the champs, show some respect.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote