HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Help me Choose

Old
06-15-2012, 10:54 AM
zonedelta94
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Help me Choose

I am looking at buying some new shoulder pads, shins, and elbow and i was wondering which do you all think is the most protective. price really is not a factor,either is weight and doesn't have to be perfect for mobility since i am playing defense . I was looking at the CCM crazy strong but i cant find anything on them, and where i live hockey isn't huge so i cant just go see what fits or feels the strongest

zonedelta94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:15 AM
AIREAYE

If you're playing contact hockey:

APX shoulders - hugs the body very nicely and better foams than on the X:60

Warrior Projekt shoulders - the mainly white older model sizes larger while the just released blue ones are truer to size. great rib coverage with softer shoulder caps so both players are protected and not just you

EQ50 elbows - rounded cap and one piece forearm design helps to wrap around the forearm better and upon impact will disperse it more evenly

CCM U+CL elbows - 3 piece elbow pad, is a bit shorter in length but rounded cap will disperse impact better

You can go with any top-end shin pad depending on how you like them fitted (narrow, wide or tapered)

If you play non-contact:

Easton EQ50 shoulders - probably the most protective shoulder pads on the market; these things are tanks

Easton RS/85S shoulders - also great protection

Bauer Pro Series/Bauer Nexus 1000 shoulders - Nexus replaces Pro and was just released today

Reebok 11/9K elbows - go for the 9K as it's better value and equal protection

The Crazy Strong shoulder are quite low-profile and quite mobile, though not the most protective.

Anyhow, I still recommend you go somewhere to try it out and buy it there.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:54 PM
michaelshu

Send a message via Yahoo to michaelshu Send a message via Skype™ to michaelshu
Do the CCM CL and CS really offer a pro-level protection? They look like card-board thin on videos.

It seems like manufacturers are making them thinner and thinner, even the new Projekt..

michaelshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:29 PM
TrueBlue86

wait, you don't care about the price, weight or mobility? what do you care about?

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote