HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Source: Suter doesn't want to come to Philly

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2012, 01:18 AM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Source: Suter doesn't want to come to Philly

Or more accurately, he wants to stay in the Western Conference, to which the Philadelphia Flyers do not belong (nice headline, guys).

Quote:
While there are a number of logical reasons why the Flyers would want to pursue Nashville defenseman Ryan Suter, who is headed for unrestricted free agency this summer, the question remains: Is Suter interested in them?

According to a well-placed source, Suter has a potential list of clubs he would be willing to talk to even if his rights were traded before July 1. Suter is represented by Neil Sheehy.

Alas, the Flyers are not one of them.

In fact, the source said, all of Suter’s preferred destinations, should he leave the Predators, are in the Western Conference – not the East.

Detroit is generally conceded to be his top choice.

Nashville general manager David Poile, the source said, has thus far refused to talk with any clubs about moving Suter or even restricted free agent Shea Weber’s rights right now.
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...764&feedID=704

Hope this hasn't been posted already, but I don't see a thread. I have heard this rumor before, but this is the first I am aware of it being reported. Explains why the Flyers are looking to go in other directions, obviously.

I think it's time to officially cross Suter off the list. It appears that the only way he would come here is if the Flyers blow away everyone else's offer on July 1, and I don't think that is likely.

Old
06-15-2012, 01:27 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Weber, he was born to be a Flyer

Give up anyone/anything but the centers: Giroux, Couturier, Schenn

Old
06-15-2012, 01:44 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

This has been posted before and discussed today in other threads. Appreciate the effort, but I'm gonna close this down for that reason.

On the plus side, this means you aren't the messenger. So nobody will be shooting you.